Hi Gmc Community
HungryForHeaven
Jan 16 2011, 04:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hello,

Ok, so I figured I should take the time to introduce myself..

I'm from Sweden, approaching 40 faster than ever. I'm one of those who started playing guitar in their teens and for one reason or another took a very long break just to pick it up again a couple of decades or so later. Although I would probably have been a better guitarist without this long break, I try to see things from the positive side.

First of all, the access to information is a lot better now than in late 80's; the tab was already invented, of course, but how would you get hold of them? I never heard of the Hot Licks videos (featuring e.g. Vinnie Moore) before there was Youtube, even though they existed, and there was certainly no GMC back then..In this aspect, learning guitar now is a lot different from then.

Also, now with a decent job, I can buy gear more irrationally than when in high school.

Last but not least, I am older and somewhat wiser now, and I think I am able to look in a more mature way on practice and progress.

I was lurking around here for almost a year, reading the forum and looking at the free parts of the lessons, before I finally decided to become a member. So far, I have been in the video chat three times, twice with Daniel and once with Ramiro. They have been very interesting, with the instructors showing some tips and tricks and sharing their insight, all in a relaxed environment. I will definitely try to catch Todd at some point, too. I am also looking more closely at some of the lessons, Ben's excellent Michael Schenker lesson being one of them. For me, all this is an excellent way of learning new stuff at my own speed and being able to make my own choices on what to learn, both theory and playing-wise.

See you around in the chat and in the forum!

H4H

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Zsolt Galambos
Mar 3 2011, 10:43 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:01 PM