practice problems, muting adjacent strings
lee
Jan 28 2007, 02:44 AM
GMC:er
Hi everyone........I need tips on muting strings adjacent to the ones i'm trying to play.
What am i doing wrong with my pick hand?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jan 28 2007, 08:23 PM
Hey Lee

THe thing that works for me most of the time is putting my palm of my right hand on the low strings especially the E string. That because when you play on th ehigh e string the low e string begins to ring because its the same pitch.
AND also use your left index finger when you fret only one note (with your middle finger for example) to mute the strings by "barring" it a bit on the strings.

good luck

.Ezravdb.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
lee
Jan 29 2007, 11:21 AM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Jan 28 2007, 02:23 PM) *
Hey Lee

THe thing that works for me most of the time is putting my palm of my right hand on the low strings especially the E string. That because when you play on th ehigh e string the low e string begins to ring because its the same pitch.
AND also use your left index finger when you fret only one note (with your middle finger for example) to mute the strings by "barring" it a bit on the strings.

good luck

.Ezravdb.

Thanks ezravdb i'll try that...................

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 30 2007, 03:24 PM
GMC Founder
If you play the 5th fret on the high (thinnest) e-string - and look at your two hands - you will see that the only hand that can mute the five remaining strings is the right hand (-palm).

If you do the same for the b string - you will see the same thing - except you can also mute the high (thinnest) e-string with your left hand fingers.

If you continue with this kind of thinking for all fingers you have got a system that covers most situations.

Now, how to apply this when playing is a matter of lots and lots of practice? It's important to think about these things when practcing slowly - otherwise it can be really tricky... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:37 AM