Velvet Revolver Live At Manchester Apollo, supporting was : some metal trio with a shouting bassist
Kevin98497
Oct 24 2007, 12:51 AM
GMC:er
think it was the 12th of june this year
where? manchester apollo in northwest uk, apollo is arranged with standing on all first floor and a balcony above half of the grounds where seated people are. it isnt that big so it did not take me and my friend to getright to the fronttt laugh.gif !!

Stars? 10 / 10 immense!!

the amazingness started before VR even came on stage. the support band had some real beefy riffs and it was pritty much a heavy devy metal instrumental. the bassist shouted into the mike every so often, was funny, the drummer was amazing with his double bass pedals and the guitarist was great too, he at one point got out a slide and did some slidey stuff with lots of distortion, it sounded great! so if ur bout to see VR somewhere u can expect a quality support band![u]

And the show itself was the best part of the night... der! lol
i gotta say they are one of the most crowd friendly bands i been to see, they kept achnoledging people in the crow etc. nice! except dave kushner though lol but he did personally give a plectrum toothe dude next to me and later on i got one of his as well biggrin.gif the band arranged it so that dave and duff was on my side of the stage most of the gig whilst slash was on the other side, damn it! great nevertheless. i believe they all did loads of extended solos and slash did the most of them lol.
they played a bunch of amazing songs and they had (if i remembered right) 2 encores. once they played some songs i never heard b4 and i think a gnr song called its so easy. the other they played pink floyd song wish youu were here where slash used his double neckk gibson SG.
they finished with slither i think, which was a great choice coz thats the classic VR song tongue.gif then they disappeared......

it was a sweaty, exciting, fun, amazing etc. concert with some anoying stewards who stoped people from crowd surfing...but funny when they punched the dude in the face lol... but the guy with the water spraying back pack was also funny.... anyway i dnt know its because we were at from row or what but it was the best flippin concert i ever been!
some pictotures here

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:19 PM