5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Bleez Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
Jun 5 2012, 01:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 4 2012, 10:30 PM) *
Im on it biggrin.gif
I know the b minor scale pattern really well and I'll get the other 2 shapes learned. Looking forward to this assignment, it sounds cool!

Just a bit of frustration. Ive been working a lot recently on a couple of exercises focusing on bending and speed.
Before I joined GMC I didnt even realise how poor my bending was but now Ive become so aware of each bend I get wrong that I cringe when I hear it!
I suppose recognising the out of tune bends is an improvement...... I'd just prefer to play the notes better so there are not any bad ones LOL!
Its the same with the speed exercises I've been doing, sometimes it seems like an impossible task.
I just need to keep going and stay focused.

This assignment will be a good change from what Ive been trying to do recently, thanks. smile.gif

You know! I can assure you that when you see your mistakes means you are improving! Everybody is playing wrong notes! Even professional players! There is nothing wrong with that! Give me a couple of days and I will give you an assignment to make your bends better! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 5 2012, 02:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 5 2012, 01:04 AM) *
You know! I can assure you that when you see your mistakes means you are improving! Everybody is playing wrong notes! Even professional players! There is nothing wrong with that! Give me a couple of days and I will give you an assignment to make your bends better! smile.gif

Thanks dude smile.gif
I noticed a couple of times that you suggested to other people they plug into a tuner to see exactly where to bend. I have been trying that and it was really useful.

Also, Ive been able to learn those scale patterns you gave me, the b minor, e minor and f# minor. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 6 2012, 02:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 5 2012, 01:02 PM) *
Thanks dude smile.gif
I noticed a couple of times that you suggested to other people they plug into a tuner to see exactly where to bend. I have been trying that and it was really useful.

Also, Ive been able to learn those scale patterns you gave me, the b minor, e minor and f# minor. smile.gif

Yeah tuner does magic smile.gif I can give you assignments to improve your bends! Let me know and I will create some for you!
Also let me know if you need help learning those shapes!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 6 2012, 08:45 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 6 2012, 02:18 AM) *
Yeah tuner does magic smile.gif I can give you assignments to improve your bends! Let me know and I will create some for you!
Also let me know if you need help learning those shapes!

Thanks dude.
I can play those last shapes and have been using them over that backing track you posted to get used to it. Im all set for whatever you want me to do with this melodic assignment. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 6 2012, 04:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 6 2012, 07:45 AM) *
Thanks dude.
I can play those last shapes and have been using them over that backing track you posted to get used to it. Im all set for whatever you want me to do with this melodic assignment. biggrin.gif

Perfect!
I have a cool shuffle backing track for you! it's a standard I - IV - V progression in E
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/blues-mentoring
So the chords are: E7 - A7 - B7
For now I would like you to use E minor pentatonic in this position:

I would like you to play over this track for a couple of days to get use to the groove and sound! We will start a new approach when we will be playing back and forth like a collab but one on one! It will help you with bending, vibrato and improvisation!
I will start it and will post my take in a little bit!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 8 2012, 06:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 6 2012, 07:45 AM) *
Thanks dude.

Just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? Do you have any questions or need help? Let me know!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 8 2012, 08:53 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 8 2012, 06:08 AM) *
Just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? Do you have any questions or need help? Let me know!

doing okay with it, alex. Just been playing over the backing trying to go between the scales. would you like me to get a take recorded over the weekend?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 8 2012, 03:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 8 2012, 07:53 AM) *
doing okay with it, alex. Just been playing over the backing trying to go between the scales. would you like me to get a take recorded over the weekend?

Yeah that would be great!!! I am looking forward to hear your take!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 9 2012, 12:22 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
well, after playing around over the backing for a couple of hours tonight I recorded this :

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/alex-collab1

is this the sort of approach you were looking for?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 9 2012, 05:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 8 2012, 11:22 PM) *
well, after playing around over the backing for a couple of hours tonight I recorded this :

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/alex-collab1

is this the sort of approach you were looking for?

You did a very good job! I can hear the melody idea and the whole track came out very nice!
A few suggestions
1) I would like you to get out of your comfort zone and turn down your distortion it will help you to develop your dynamic and improve touch very fast!
2) For the solo I liked how it's started but I was missing development try to use different octaves and build it up towards the end!
The good thing would be do do a question and answer technique for this one! I can explain what does it mean if you are not sure!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 10 2012, 02:24 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 9 2012, 05:58 PM) *
You did a very good job! I can hear the melody idea and the whole track came out very nice!
A few suggestions
1) I would like you to get out of your comfort zone and turn down your distortion it will help you to develop your dynamic and improve touch very fast!
2) For the solo I liked how it's started but I was missing development try to use different octaves and build it up towards the end!
The good thing would be do do a question and answer technique for this one! I can explain what does it mean if you are not sure!

smile.gif
no problem dude, I'll use a less distorted tone. I know the principle of the question / answer technique so I'll definitely try that, should be interesting! thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 10 2012, 06:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 10 2012, 01:24 AM) *
smile.gif
no problem dude, I'll use a less distorted tone. I know the principle of the question / answer technique so I'll definitely try that, should be interesting! thanks.

Perfect! Work on it for a couple of days and we will start a new approach with you! smile.gif It will be like a collab but one on one! It will be a lot of fun!

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Jun 10 2012, 06:02 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 14 2012, 08:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
well I did try to implement your suggestions unsure.gif I found it quite difficult though.
I couldn't really get it to' build up' to anything although I did try!

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/alexcollab2

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 15 2012, 08:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 14 2012, 07:19 PM) *
well I did try to implement your suggestions unsure.gif I found it quite difficult though.
I couldn't really get it to' build up' to anything although I did try!

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/alexcollab2

Sounds really good! I like the sound you chose for it! smile.gif
Good job! I can hear that you have opened your borders a little more and out of you comfort zone!
It is hard but that means you are learning new stuff and making a progress!
I will post a new assignment for you based on the same track tomorrow morning!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 15 2012, 08:42 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 15 2012, 08:16 AM) *
Sounds really good! I like the sound you chose for it! smile.gif
Good job! I can hear that you have opened your borders a little more and out of you comfort zone!
It is hard but that means you are learning new stuff and making a progress!
I will post a new assignment for you based on the same track tomorrow morning!

thanks dude, looking forward to the next assignment smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 15 2012, 08:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 15 2012, 07:42 AM) *
thanks dude, looking forward to the next assignment smile.gif

I know! That will be fun! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 15 2012, 10:32 PM
Instructor
So I did my take to give you ideas! I would like you to continue my solo using the same feel!
Here it is!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/bleez
I played the same shape E minor pentatonics I gave you!
Please leave the rest of the track playing so I can add the next part!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 16 2012, 12:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 15 2012, 10:32 PM) *
I played the same shape E minor pentatonics I gave you!

LOL! are you SURE you are using the same pentatonics I did because your solo sounds way better than mine! biggrin.gif LOL!

This is a totally cool assignment, Alex. I really appreciate you taking the time to put this together. smile.gif I'll work on it over the weekend, thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 17 2012, 04:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 16 2012, 11:19 AM) *
LOL! are you SURE you are using the same pentatonics I did because your solo sounds way better than mine! biggrin.gif LOL!

This is a totally cool assignment, Alex. I really appreciate you taking the time to put this together. smile.gif I'll work on it over the weekend, thanks.

Yes I am using the same scales smile.gif Trust me your when you will continue my solo you will get new ideas and little by little your improvisation and playing will be developing in a new way! It's my pleasure to put it together! I will do more! smile.gif Looking forward to hear your take!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 22 2012, 07:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 16 2012, 11:19 AM) *

I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? Do you have any questions or need help? Let me know!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:49 AM