2 Pages V  < 1 2  
In Need Of Some Whammage!
JVM
Oct 29 2007, 12:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Owen, when I bought mine there were two going for around 500 and 300 starting price. I picked the one I wanted (couldn't be happier) and ended up bidding with this other guy for around 700. The other one (starting at 300) never went past 550 if I remember, but it was just as good a guitar. The only reason I didn't bid on that one was because it had about 12 guys on it already tongue.gif But anyway, keep an eye out and you can find a great deal, promise.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rock
Oct 29 2007, 01:13 AM
GMC:er
Owen, check out the Schecter C1 Hellraiser with the Floyd Rose. You should be able to score a new one for $800USD. Great guitar for the price, it has active EMG pickups as well. Quite a bit of guitar for the money.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 29 2007, 02:26 AM
They're around £700 ($1400) in the UK.

I think I may go with Matt's advice and have another shot of the Corts in the near future.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 29 2007, 02:40 AM
Lets go fishing!
Be sure to check out the X-11 also! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 29 2007, 02:46 AM
I just saw that!

I'm in love with the finish! smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 31 2007, 11:08 AM
you should not compromise. all you will do is lust after a different guitar 2 days later if you do that. maybe 2 minutes later. get what you want, and if you have to wait a bit for that to be feasible, just wait. It does not matter if someone tells you "oh this is just as good as that and much cheaper". Get the guitar you want, whatever it is, and if you can't manage that at this time, just wait till you can. Nothing wrong with a telecaster. Although I prefer a tele with a humbucker at the neck.

+Quote Post
me213
Nov 3 2007, 02:15 AM
hey,

have you gone to WWW.GAK.CO.UK prices seem ok but they are based in Brighton.

--------------------
What could more fun than playing the ELECTRIC GUITAR??!!

Paul Gilbert

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 3 2007, 03:37 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 31 2007, 10:08 AM) *
you should not compromise. all you will do is lust after a different guitar 2 days later if you do that. maybe 2 minutes later. get what you want, and if you have to wait a bit for that to be feasible, just wait. It does not matter if someone tells you "oh this is just as good as that and much cheaper". Get the guitar you want, whatever it is, and if you can't manage that at this time, just wait till you can. Nothing wrong with a telecaster. Although I prefer a tele with a humbucker at the neck.

Yeah, well I picked the tele up cheap and it still serves its purpose and it has got two humbuckers - neck and bridge, as I said I'll have a look, but for this purchase I'm going to be really picky about what I want to buy etc as I feel I jumped a little bit on the first electric (not ended up too bad) but I want to play a lot of guitars to consider what is the best for a second guitar and believe me, I dont come into a lot of money ever so I'm not going to be jumping into buying something.

I know I've said I liked a few guitars here, I was mainly commenting on the cosmetics, once I get something in my hands I've come to realise its a different ball game and I'm not really too bothered about the shape/looks, if it looks nice thats a bonus for me, I like something thats quirky but I like something that plays good much better, its an over-ruling factor - not too fussed about branding either.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Nov 8 2007, 07:24 AM
Anything with an Ibanez zr trem....Its the best trem ever...check it out.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 8 2007, 07:32 AM
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Nov 8 2007, 06:24 AM) *
Anything with an Ibanez zr trem....Its the best trem ever...check it out.

Saw the Ibby S 7 String, has the Zero Resistance Trem but its more expensive than the equivalent Schecter model which is £100 less and has better specs.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:57 AM