2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Shredding
Becks
Aug 5 2009, 10:54 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Aug 5 2009, 02:31 AM) *
Hell yeah.
Of course it might have something to do with gear (in small percents)
but it's probably more about your playing and practicing,
it should be clean and accurate all the time
so you could nicely hear all the notes you're playing.
Do you have any recordings of you by any chance? smile.gif

What i meant by it not being clean and clear is not when i am picking the notes but when i hammer on and do pull offs. I was wondering if some guitars have more sensitive pickups making it easier to get clean notes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Aug 5 2009, 10:54 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Jesse @ Aug 5 2009, 08:13 PM) *
Could still sound good, if treble bass and mid were set right... this is just horrible, he should be ashamed.

Yes, ofcourse. I was just kidding smile.gif He's kind of sloppy too..

It doesn't make it better that Manowar is the loudest band in the world either laugh.gif

Edit:
Sorry for Off-Topic posts

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dexxter: Aug 5 2009, 10:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Becks
Aug 6 2009, 02:34 AM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Aug 5 2009, 02:31 AM) *
Hell yeah.
Of course it might have something to do with gear (in small percents)
but it's probably more about your playing and practicing,
it should be clean and accurate all the time
so you could nicely hear all the notes you're playing.
Do you have any recordings of you by any chance? smile.gif

Is there such a thing?

This post has been edited by Becks: Aug 6 2009, 02:37 AM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 6 2009, 11:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Becks @ Aug 6 2009, 03:34 AM) *
Is there such a thing?

What thing?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 6 2009, 01:50 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Aug 6 2009, 11:48 AM) *
What thing?

yes i wondered also what thing laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Becks
Aug 6 2009, 04:30 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Aug 6 2009, 02:48 AM) *
What thing?

I commented on your reply twice. Here is the first one again.
"What i meant by it not being clean and clear is not when i am picking the notes but when i hammer on and do pull offs. I was wondering if some guitars have more sensitive pickups making it easier to get clean notes."

+Quote Post
seagull
Aug 6 2009, 05:31 PM
QUOTE (Becks @ Aug 6 2009, 05:30 PM) *
"What i meant by it not being clean and clear is not when i am picking the notes but when i hammer on and do pull offs. I was wondering if some guitars have more sensitive pickups making it easier to get clean notes."

Of course you can get pickups that have higher output, and therefore will react more sensitively to hammer-on's and pull-off's, but thats not all there is too it. Old strings have lower output because they are dirty and full of sweat, so it might be a good idea to change them before you change the pickups. If that doesn't help..well, then it's purely a matter of technique! So change those strings and get practicing...wink.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 6 2009, 06:13 PM
Lets go fishing!

I use low output Humbuckers (PAF PRO's) and they are pretty sweet for legato (very clean and bright). I agree on the strings, its good to change them regular it can make a big difference. But ultimatly you need to take a look at your technique smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 6 2009, 10:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Becks @ Aug 6 2009, 05:30 PM) *

You can put any pickups on any guitar, that's fully up to you and your tastes/preferences.
But if you're really going to upgrade your technique
I strongly advise you to practice on acoustic guitar as well, steel or nylon strings, doesn't matter.
Acoustic guitar is awesome tool to straighten your both hands,
left hand when practicing legato and right hand when practicing picking, give it a shot. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:08 PM