> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Triplet Etude, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

ElChals
Jun 16 2022, 11:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Triplet Etude by Piotr Kaczor

Another very good and dificult lesson. And my first time I used the middle pick up (But I still hate how it sounds).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 17 2022, 07:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Carlos!

This is a challenging but very beautiful lesson. Your take is very promising but you need to add a little more work to make this sound in a good way.

0:19; 0:32; 0:39; 0:40; 0:43 - wrong notes. I don't think that you have learned the tab in the wrong way. You hit wrong notes because you are still not comfortable with the lesson. Unfortunately, this will affect your grade.

0:10; 0:26; 0:27; 0:38 - these spots should sound more clear. Every time, when you have these wide movements and slides, you don't play accurately enough. Practice all these parts at a slower tempo until you get used to all the changes of positions. Compare your take with Piotr's take and you will see how clearly he plays each note.

0:18; 0:30 - you need to have a perfect separation between the notes. In your take you have moments where the notes sounds overlap. Release the finger pressure after each note is played and the problem will be fixed. Look very careful at your left hand fingers and you will perfectly see the issue. It's more than visible.

0:46-0:48 - the final part is the weakest one from your take. You have missed notes. We can hear only half of the notes that should be played. Don't rush to change the position until you do not play all the notes. Move your hand at the last moment.

Today you get a 6 from me. Keep up your awesome work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 17 2022, 09:17 PM
GMC Founder
Nice - there are some tasty passages here and at times you display great tone and technique!

My general impression is that you are yet again pushing speed to a tempo that it is beyond you.

So as soon as things heat up - you almost nail it.

I can understand how it feels like you pretty much have it down. However from the listeners perspective there is a huge difference between actually nailing a sophisticated piece like this one - vs almost doing it.

So again: your technique is very promising, but please don't jeopardise it by practicing at a too fast tempo. It is perfectly possible to ruin a good technique and consolidate nasty new habits by doing so.

Keep up the hard work - it's a 6 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2022, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Hi, friend!

Great performance! The truth is that it's a very demanding solo that I can say from my own experience is more difficult to play than it seems.

I think you're on the right track, but you need a little more time so you don't have to think so much about the notes to come and can focus on the sound of each note and phrase.

Once you feel most natural playing this lesson, you'll improve the sound of your entire performance and play a flawless take.

I don't see any problems with your technique or hand position, you just need more practice days.

Keep working!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 20 2022, 08:03 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:27 AM