3 Nps Pentatonics
PosterBoy
Sep 13 2023, 07:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Do they get easier and more comfortable or are they just awkward when you have short fingers?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 14 2023, 10:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 13 2023, 06:25 PM) *
Do they get easier and more comfortable or are they just awkward when you have short fingers?

From my point of view, they become easier in time, with daily practice, proper warm-up, keeping the thumb finger in the middle of the back of the neck and a high focus to constantly keep the hand very relaxed to avoid tension build-ups.

Also, for more comfort, you can play them, keeping the guitar in a classical position. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 14 2023, 10:22 AM
Learning Roadie
I guess I have to get passed the Urgh this is impossible stage.

why couldn't I be born with Paul Gilbert length fingers!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 14 2023, 10:58 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 14 2023, 09:22 AM) *
I guess I have to get passed the Urgh this is impossible stage.

why couldn't I be born with Paul Gilbert length fingers!

Matt, I also don't have long fingers.

A few months ago, I made for Gert a picture and some measurements of my hand. If you want, you can take a look on the first page of this thread and you will see how "big" my hands are. biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=63496

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 14 2023, 02:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 14 2023, 11:58 AM) *

A few months ago, I made for Gert a picture and some measurements of my hand. If you want, you can take a look on the first page of this thread and you will see how "big" my hands are. biggrin.gif

I TOTALLY AGREE laugh.gif laugh.gif

Matt,

When I started last year, my main concern was that my fingers were going to be too short! But now I'm happy I don't have these long fingers. Because it has more advantages to have smaller fingers than having longer fingers!

I practice the 3 NPS pentatonics on a daily basis as warm up and I don't have any problem wink.gif

Just go for it Matt! I assure you you will agree with Monica and myself wink.gif

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 14 2023, 02:37 PM
GMC Founder
Is there a specific position on the neck where it becomes tricky? It's obviously easier the further up you get - as the stretch gets smaller.

If it's equally hard for you - then a good method is to practice 3nps in the minor scale in posistion 1-5. This will basically warm you up with a smaller stretch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 14 2023, 03:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 14 2023, 10:58 AM) *

Our fingers are very similar in length

Kris I've started working on it in Em at the 12 fret, as you descend to the lower strings it feels awkward. I'll definitely be looking at playing position etc

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Sep 14 2023, 03:38 PM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:57 AM