5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Designing My Website, Any suggestions?
Pavel
Jul 6 2007, 07:17 PM
Instructor
Ok the "I" thing is solved. I also may create a header without the rips but than again the part below the NavBar looks pretty good with rips!

Thanks for suggestions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 6 2007, 08:13 PM
GMC:er
hey pavel, looks better! just a suggestion, maybe you wanna add some pics to the Biography section. Probably pics of your first guitars (if you still have them) or pics when you were little, pics of you playing guitar when you were younger, etc. just an idea.

Keep it up!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 6 2007, 08:27 PM
Instructor
Yeah that's a great idea! Sure - i will add them these days! For now i want to find the definite design so later i can work on content, text, pictures, etc.

A friend of mine who likes to spend time with Photoshop gave me a little suggestion and now when i did it it looks pretty cool. Now the metal is more "SOLID" biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 6 2007, 08:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Much better! Just a simple bevel and edge rounding it looks like, but it helps the look a lot. I agree that the rips in the main section are fine, btw.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 6 2007, 08:51 PM
Instructor
Cool! Thanks a lot to all who replied in this topic! I'll let you know when i update the whole website with pictures and content!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 6 2007, 08:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 7 2007, 09:47 PM
Instructor
Guestbook is now working and i updated Biography with some pictures as you suggested - turned out pretty wild hehe Check it out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 7 2007, 10:39 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 7 2007, 10:47 PM) *
Guestbook is now working and i updated Biography with some pictures as you suggested - turned out pretty wild hehe Check it out!

Maybe, if it's possible to make links, you could keep a link to your page in your gmc-singature. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 7 2007, 11:07 PM
Instructor
There you go MikeM - got a link in the sig!! Thanks for suggestion! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 8 2007, 12:17 AM
can't seem to load the page

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 8 2007, 04:03 AM
Learning Roadie
Pavel one suggestion would be to "engrave" your headline texts, so it looks like it's cut into the metal. I think that'd make it about perfect. Example:

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 8 2007, 04:52 AM
Learning Roadie
Pavel, I enjoyed reading your Bio. Damb, you are only one year older than my son.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 8 2007, 09:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 8 2007, 05:03 AM) *
Pavel one suggestion would be to "engrave" your headline texts, so it looks like it's cut into the metal. I think that'd make it about perfect.

OK, i'll try it later today! Thanks!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 8 2007, 09:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 8 2007, 11:21 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 5 2007, 10:52 PM) *
How about a movie clip of you with the guitar and you say "Are you ready" and then you play a killer riff? laugh.gif

LMAO, LOVE IT biggrin.gif I really love that into blink.gif

Pavel, a while ago you showed me a simple website with you picture in the banner - i liked it alot!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 8 2007, 12:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 8 2007, 12:21 PM) *
LMAO, LOVE IT biggrin.gif I really love that into blink.gif

Pavel, a while ago you showed me a simple website with you picture in the banner - i liked it alot!

Yeah well i like this one much more biggrin.gif Don't worry, the picture in the title is still one of my ideas i am not sure i can pull it out though but i will try! smile.gif

EDIT:

JVM: i combined your suggestion and a bit of my old font design and now i really like it! Check it out! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 8 2007, 01:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 8 2007, 02:33 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 8 2007, 07:55 AM) *
Yeah well i like this one much more biggrin.gif Don't worry, the picture in the title is still one of my ideas i am not sure i can pull it out though but i will try! smile.gif
EDIT:

JVM: i combined your suggestion and a bit of my old font design and now i really like it! Check it out! smile.gif

That's looking better and better - I like the engraving a lot (and I love the photo of you when you wrer about 3 smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 8 2007, 02:33 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 8 2007, 07:24 PM
Nice! Ever considered website design?
And That photo of you is, for lack of a better word, cute.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
CrashOops
Jul 8 2007, 07:26 PM
Looking good Pavel.
are you planning on having some of your original material available to listen to on your website? I'd Like to hear more of your actual music, instead of just bits and pieces from the lessons smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 8 2007, 07:58 PM
Instructor
Guitarman700: this is my first design that has a decent look. I would sure love to do websites but i need a bit more knowledge of Photoshop and coding.

CrashOops: yes - but the stuff i recorded by now is either unfinished or is a crappy quality record so i don't want to upload any of it. After 11th this month i will finally be free of university and i hope i will finally sit down and finish practicing one of my newest compositions including orchestral arrangements which also needs a lot of work to put it in Cubase. I only have it noted with Sibelius so i'll have to spend a couple of days transferring it from notes to actual record! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 8 2007, 08:32 PM
Learning Roadie
I have to say I never really liked off-centered websites much, is there any way you can center it on the page, or fill up the right side with like, links or something?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 8 2007, 08:44 PM
Instructor
What resolution are you using??? It's centered only on 1024x768! I'll have to fix that!

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:26 PM