Whats Your Guitar Playing Style?
Blackjack94
Jan 3 2013, 08:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys! smile.gif

I love neoclassical style, like malmsteen or michael romeo. And i love the modern shred like jeff loomis. Im very fan of that kind of sound...not so extreme but really fast with a lot of scales and stuff like that lol i just tried to play a tapping from the song "sea of lies" by symphony x.

What is your style? what do you like to play?

greetings!

-Blackjack.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Blackjack94: Jan 3 2013, 08:49 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vas Paul Standar...
Jan 3 2013, 09:13 PM
GMC:er
Have I told you that you kinda look like DJ Ashba? biggrin.gif

Great tapping , extremely melodic.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Blackjack94
Jan 3 2013, 09:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Vas Paul Standard 1995 @ Jan 3 2013, 08:13 PM) *
Have I told you that you kinda look like DJ Ashba? biggrin.gif

Great tapping , extremely melodic.

DJ ASHBA!??? lol! haha i need a hat and more tattoos laugh.gif . Thank you for comment!

+Quote Post
Vas Paul Standar...
Jan 3 2013, 10:05 PM
QUOTE (Blackjack94 @ Jan 3 2013, 08:54 PM) *
DJ ASHBA!??? lol! haha i need a hat and more tattoos laugh.gif . Thank you for comment!

You have to turture your beautiful les pauls too sad.gif

+Quote Post
Blackjack94
Jan 3 2013, 10:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Vas Paul Standard 1995 @ Jan 3 2013, 09:05 PM) *
You have to turture your beautiful les pauls too sad.gif

do you like les paul guitars? when i was younger my dream guitar was an ace frehley gibson les paul. very expensive for me.. sad.gif

+Quote Post
jeffmatz
Jan 3 2013, 10:46 PM
Nice playing Blackjack!

I'm a jazz player, through and through...it's my obsession.

Probably my best sounding stuff is on my website, but here's a video...

--------------------
Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar
Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2013, 10:50 PM
Instructor
Great tapping man!! I define myself like a rock player but I have strong metal influences as well as some from pop, classical and pop. I hope to continue incorporating influences from many styles into my playing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Blackjack94
Jan 3 2013, 11:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jeffmatz @ Jan 3 2013, 09:46 PM) *
Nice playing Blackjack!

I'm a jazz player, through and through...it's my obsession.

Probably my best sounding stuff is on my website, but here's a video...

Hey man! i like it very much! i want to learn and try some jazz music but i dont know how to start, do you have and advice for me? smile.gif

definitely i need to learn more about jazz and blues for dont be stuck in metal. I love it, but i think is important to learn another things, right?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2013, 11:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blackjack94 @ Jan 3 2013, 07:18 PM) *
Hey man! i like it very much! i want to learn and try some jazz music but i dont know how to start, do you have and advice for me? smile.gif

definitely i need to learn more about jazz and blues for dont be stuck in metal. I love it, but i think is important to learn another things, right?

yeah, most of the greatest metal players has strong blues roots, and some of them also jazz influences.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Blackjack94
Jan 3 2013, 11:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 3 2013, 10:32 PM) *
yeah, most of the greatest metal players has strong blues roots, and some of them also jazz influences.

Thats right gabriel! you're from Argentina right? i like Rata blanca very much!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2013, 12:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blackjack94 @ Jan 3 2013, 07:51 PM) *
Thats right gabriel! you're from Argentina right? i like Rata blanca very much!

Yeah! I'm from Argentina. I saw them live many times! They are the best hard rock/Neoclassical metal band ever here in our country. Many people loves them, and many hates them as always but they should deserve the respect of everybody here. What other bands you like from Argentina?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Blackjack94
Jan 4 2013, 12:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 3 2013, 11:08 PM) *
Yeah! I'm from Argentina. I saw them live many times! They are the best hard rock/Neoclassical metal band ever here in our country. Many people loves them, and many hates them as always but they should deserve the respect of everybody here. What other bands you like from Argentina?

I know a few bands but not so many. I agree with you, rata Blanca is amazing! Great music

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2013, 04:30 AM

Nicely done!!!!! I"m a big fan of music along the very same lines smile.gif

QUOTE (Blackjack94 @ Jan 3 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Hey guys! smile.gif

I love neoclassical style, like malmsteen or michael romeo. And i love the modern shred like jeff loomis. Im very fan of that kind of sound...not so extreme but really fast with a lot of scales and stuff like that lol i just tried to play a tapping from the song "sea of lies" by symphony x.

What is your style? what do you like to play?

greetings!

-Blackjack.

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 5 2013, 09:28 AM
Hey man, good job! biggrin.gif

I'm into jazz fusion and progressive metal when it comes to soloing style. When it comes to writing it's more punk/hardcore oriented with the occasional progressive metal/djent stuff coming out too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2013, 04:22 PM
Instructor
Frankly? I have no clue laugh.gif All I know is that I like modern metal, medieval music, funk, country, traditional music from various places around the world, hard rock, djent and jazz and fusion and acoustic and pop and electronic music, classical music, ambiental or manouche laugh.gif Mix these and you can probably find something which comes close to what I like to think of about my playing tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 5 2013, 04:23 PM

+Quote Post
Andre Nieri
Jan 5 2013, 06:52 PM
Well, mainly i fill in the 'fusion' department because that's how guys like me are labeled. But I love MUSIC, you know ?
Nowadays I'm listening a lot of John Mayer, Bonamassa, Sayce… guys that have strong bluesy roots, but are very 'pop' in the
same way, specially Mayer. My playing has changed a bit because of these guys

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
Jan 5 2013, 10:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great Jazz stuff BlackJack!! Though I LOVE jazz, I'm only now starting to aim my playing and practicing in that direction.

Until then, I'm a blend of funk/blues/country/rock and more!!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:00 PM