2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Band Member Sign-up
Scott Gentzen
Jan 3 2009, 06:44 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 2 2009, 03:37 PM) *
Hey Scott, Were going to leave the sign-ups open until next Saturday, then we will pick members at random. Have a read through of how we would like this thing to work when you get a chance.... Thanks for the interest btw.. smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=22902

I saw that post but missed some chunks of it. Read through it this time. Will chill. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
empantheboy
Jan 3 2009, 01:49 PM
Hello all!
I want to be a member in the band. I am interested in all styles.
i have played guitar for about 9 months.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 4 2009, 02:26 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 2 2009, 03:35 AM) *
Download Reaper.

wow, thanks man for this link - it looks really promising smile.gif
Maybe do you also know of any cheap (if not free) drum machine?

I'd love to join a beginner band, although I don't have spare hours... I can make it a few hours a week. I play rythm guitar - hard rock and preferably metal.

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 4 2009, 04:37 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 4 2009, 08:26 AM) *
wow, thanks man for this link - it looks really promising smile.gif
Maybe do you also know of any cheap (if not free) drum machine?

I'd love to join a beginner band, although I don't have spare hours... I can make it a few hours a week. I play rythm guitar - hard rock and preferably metal.

Your welcome man. Cheap drum machines are going to be just that, cheap with minimal capabilities. Take a look at the Alesis SR model to save some cash. I would suggest you download the trial version of Addictive drums. Install the program in Reaper's VST file. You will need a host like reaper to operate it.

The trial version is very limited but you will be able to get a feel for putting together some of the samples to jam to. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 4 2009, 05:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Hiya Skenny I'd like to register my interest in the VB again.

I like most styles of music but I can't shred to save my life so I best stay clear of them rolleyes.gif

I used to be in the original VB called Valley Soldiers with Leedbreak. I've lots of riffs recorded but I need another pair of ears to help to constuct songs.

I look forward to hearing from you

Craig

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 4 2009, 05:37 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 4 2009, 04:37 PM) *
Your welcome man. Cheap drum machines are going to be just that, cheap with minimal capabilities.

Well, if I found a new label then I'll think about something better wink.gif
Thanks, I'll try this Addictive Drums. As a host I'm using VST MiniHost.

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Bucket86
Jan 4 2009, 05:39 PM
I woul like to sign up, but can you pick what you play?
ive playe bass for about 5 months now, but a played guitar for about a year an a half before that and I really want to play bass, (becasue thats what im doing with my not virtual band) so it doesnt interrupt my practice; and one question, are we not allowed to use audacity while recording? and if not are there any other free programs that we can use?
Ill play any style, preferably metal or hard rock, and preferrably nothing thta will require slapping, as i have no idea how to do that.

This post has been edited by Bucket86: Jan 4 2009, 05:41 PM

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 4 2009, 05:59 PM
Glad you guys jumped in. smile.gif

@ Bucket86.. You can use whichever DAW you like mate.

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 4 2009, 10:11 PM
I would like to be a band member. I play guitar. Any style is fine (Am I too late for this month? ohmy.gif)

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 4 2009, 10:21 PM
QUOTE (Paiva @ Jan 4 2009, 10:11 PM) *
I would like to be a band member. I play guitar. Any style is fine (Am I too late for this month? ohmy.gif)

No you're not cause the deadline is next Saturday... can't wait until then...

Btw, do all band-members need to be able to deliver a backing-track (drum and bass) for the rhythm/soloing stuff he/she makes? Or is this going to be the band-leader's or a volunteer's duty? If not I'll still need to dive into my drum-software that's been laying around for awhile...

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 4 2009, 10:31 PM
QUOTE (berko @ Jan 4 2009, 04:21 PM) *
No you're not cause the deadline is next Saturday... can't wait until then...

Btw, do all band-members need to be able to deliver a backing-track (drum and bass) for the rhythm/soloing stuff he/she makes? Or is this going to be the band-leader's or a volunteer's duty? If not I'll still need to dive into my drum-software that's been laying around for awhile...

Berko's right, next Saturday.. smile.gif

As far as backing tracks, this will be up to the band leader. If a member can supply a bt and the leader agrees, then sure. smile.gif I will certainly help if need be. Btw, why don't you sign-up for leader as well? Only 2 so far... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by skennington: Jan 4 2009, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 4 2009, 11:12 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 4 2009, 04:37 PM) *
I would suggest you download the trial version of Addictive drums.

well... while I was playing with some soundfonts till now - it's superb software for my home needs smile.gif thanks mate!

ok, one more... do you know of any other soundfont host than sfz vst plugin?... it sounds no good for me, and I've collected some realy nice soundfonts and want to make use of them...

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 4 2009, 11:43 PM
If I understand what you are looking for correctly, you could try Fantasize...

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Au...ayer-VSTi.shtml

Problem with these trial versions is that they generate a beep every 10 seconds or so. sad.gif

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 5 2009, 01:09 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 4 2009, 11:43 PM) *
If I understand what you are looking for correctly, you could try Fantasize...

yeah, you understood me perfectly wink.gif

as for now I'm using this one:
http://www.project5.com/products/instrumen...yer/default.asp

I'll try redownloading it... I can remember it was playing perfect when I was using it last time... (a year or two back). Anyway, it's really worth a view!

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Viking Panda
Jan 5 2009, 03:47 AM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Dec 31 2008, 03:47 PM) *
I've been thinking about figuring out how to trigger Reason with a Rock Band kit. I'm no drummer, but it's an interesting experiment

I thought this sounded really cool so I just figured out how to do this for my rock band drums. It was pretty easy took me 20 minutes, I used a program called drum machine, you can find it here http://andrewrudson.com/main.php. It's pretty cool you can program any .wav file into the pads, I think it's only for windows though. So, I guess I can lay down some drum tracks with the rock band drums now biggrin.gif .

--------------------
GEAR:

Ibanez RG7321

Customized Les Paul copy (Work in Progress)

Yamaha Acoustic

Dean V-coustic *Fretless!*

VYPYR 75

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 7 2009, 01:23 PM
Nobody more wants to join?...
Can't wait to start... I can do rythm guitars smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
steve25
Feb 2 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm available for session only if anyone would like a rhythm guitar player or drummer. See if anyone can make use of anything i have =]

+Quote Post
Jollygreengiant1
Feb 21 2009, 12:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
id like to give it a go

+Quote Post
dreadlocks
Feb 22 2009, 01:02 PM
I would like to join if its not to late . smile.gif
Any style works for me

How do i sign up? o_O

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 22 2009, 05:16 PM
Will be opening a thread soon guys, hang tight. smile.gif If you would, have a look at the new format and see if it will work for you, if, by all means, sign up when the thread opens. smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=100831

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:05 PM