> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Diamond Head Style, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 0

Farine54
Nov 16 2022, 05:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Diamond Head Style by Gabriel Leopardi

Hello, here is my take for this lesson. I had already worked on it last year but I couldn't do it, today it's almost there, but there are days when it doesn't work, and others yes. I think I'm on the razor's edge of my level. Anyway this lesson is great, and I never get tired of playing it.... Having a good time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 16 2022, 08:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Olivier!

It's great to see a take from you. This is very promising but there are a few things that need more work.

Timing - be very careful because you tend to rush the notes. Practice this lesson at a slower tempo and put the correct accents. They will guide you to keep the right timing at a fast tempo.
Also, the first part should be played more tighter.

I always recommend using the same picking direction as is in the lesson for many reasons. First of all, besides the fact that all the techniques from the lesson will be respected, some of the fast licks will become much easier for playing.

Your bends require more attention. At 1:00 and 1:08 you are under the right pitch.

1:02 - 1:05 - this part doesn't sound good. I can't hear all the notes clearly. Try to practice this lick at a slow tempo.

1:05 - you should play here a down bend.

Keep on practicing at all the details that I have pointed out and I'm sure you can come up with an awesome take.

Unfortunately, I can't grade you because it's not recorded in one single take and we need to follow the rules.

Keep up your great work! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 17 2022, 08:07 AM
GMC Founder
Very cool Farine,

We can tell you love playing this lesson - that's 50% of the battle won already! 👌

As you stated, we can also tell this this borders your current technical skills. This results in your playing conveying an "almost" impression.

It's like you almost play in time, your hands are almost in sync, you almost nail it.

But in the end it all ads up, and it doesn't sound like you are in control any more. Monica has already given you the details.

You have dialed in a fairly low gain, overdriven sound - which is awesome. But it requires you to hit much harder with the right hand to get the right crunch and attack. With your current softer attack, it would sound better if you boosted the guitar signal before it hits the amp (though that would stray a bit from the original feel of the lesson).

The solution here is as simple as its effective - practice at a tempo that is below your comfort speed. This way you have time to think about all those details.

Keep up the excellent work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 28 2022, 12:33 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Closing this one smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:35 AM