Groove Metal/metalcore, Playing in the style of bands such as lamb of god
Narzsa
Feb 10 2012, 12:32 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I posted but I ve been practicing hard and thanks to guitar masterclass I'm a proper lil shredder now :-) my band is quite impressed

Any way now I'm more confident on that front I wanted to get back into writing some rythme pieces and ideally in the style of bands such as my favourite, lamb of God. I ve been looking at the lessons on here, listening and looking at their songs to try and piece their playing in style, hoping to be able to write in the same vein

So far I ve noticed they hang alot around the 12 fret, use diminished sounds, open strings, triplets alot. They also like to vary a rift with about 4 different variations per piece and generally don't cover that much of the same ground on the same song.

I was wondering if any one else noticed any such tricks they employ me that could help you me? :-)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:26 AM