5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Gmc Price Adjustment
NoSkill
Aug 17 2009, 05:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is very generous, Kris. The current value is, frankly, immeasurable. We have instant and unlimited access to multiple instructors without paying any more than the base price? We have instant feedback to whatever questions we have as well as the ability to get feedback on recordings and videos? We have the MTP and REC programs providing tracking capabilities of progress along with comments. And, as a regular REC contributor, the instructors remember your weaknesses from previous stuff and will kindly remind you on the things they mentioned before...all at no extra charge?

GMC is what you make it. If you are just perusing lessons and picking a few a month to fiddle with, then it's expensive. If you are using the resources available to you at the site, then it's a bargain at twice the price!

Thanks for the heads up and thanks for the generous offer of continuing at this price for current members.

Cheers!

Tom in Canada

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 17 2009, 05:35 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Aug 17 2009, 05:20 PM) *
This is very generous, Kris. The current value is, frankly, immeasurable. We have instant and unlimited access to multiple instructors without paying any more than the base price? We have instant feedback to whatever questions we have as well as the ability to get feedback on recordings and videos? We have the MTP and REC programs providing tracking capabilities of progress along with comments. And, as a regular REC contributor, the instructors remember your weaknesses from previous stuff and will kindly remind you on the things they mentioned before...all at no extra charge?

GMC is what you make it. If you are just perusing lessons and picking a few a month to fiddle with, then it's expensive. If you are using the resources available to you at the site, then it's a bargain at twice the price!

Thanks for the heads up and thanks for the generous offer of continuing at this price for current members.

Cheers!

Tom in Canada

That was a really good post Tom ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 17 2009, 09:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Aug 17 2009, 06:20 PM) *

Cheers!

Tom in Canada

Good point Tom, I agree 100%.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
birthmark
Aug 17 2009, 09:39 PM
Learning Roadie
$30 a month is quite a jump! I appreciate the kind gesture from Kris for all existing members, but at $30 each month, Im not sure if I would have signed up in the first place. I see the value now, but how will you portray this to the average joe coming off the Internet?

How about a comfortable slot between 10 and 30 a month ie $20? That seems managable.

Anyway, I love this site and am recommending it to as many of my friends as possible. I hope they will be comfortable with the higher prices.

Good night all
smile.gif

--------------------
discover your discomfort!

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 17 2009, 09:52 PM
Learning Roadie
I don't think $30 a month is very much. That is a dollar a day. I realize many of our members have tight budgets, but I honestly think even most beginner level players could make a dollar a day busking just with stuff learned on GMC. I've been paying for GMC for well over two years and I can't think of a single better luxury to spend my money on, even at the new price.

[edit] However, it's a good point that has been made that new members may be daunted by the price. Before, GMC was not only the best guitar site on the net, but also one of (if not the) cheapest pay sites around. I think there are two solutions:

1) On the page where the decision is made to subscribe or not (the 'sales pitch' page) make it clear that the price was originally lower, and describe how GMC is an active, organic community that grows in response to the community's needs, justifying the price.

2) Get them hooked on a cheaper first-time subscriber plan. When they get a month of GMC I think they will realize the potential and be glad to pay.

This post has been edited by JVM: Aug 17 2009, 09:56 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
javari
Aug 17 2009, 10:10 PM
GMC:er
I did end my sybscription for the moment (hey, there is a crisis going on and I need all my time and cash to keep my small business afloat..)
I personally think the increase in price is pretty steep. Three times as expensive in one go is quite a lot.
If I were to do that in my business, I wouldn't have a customer left...

Maybe it is a good thing to put a brake on the fast growth of the site/community, and then this is a good thing to do. Bigger isn't always better.

At the current prices it is very good value for money. So an increase in price is justified.
But, as said, not as much.

There are a lot of alternatives. Whether they are as good as GMC is a personal opinion and is something that is very hard to judge for new members.
And especially younger people who don't have much money may find the new prices far to high...

Another concern may be that with increased prices piracy and illegal posting of the lessons will increase.

Just my opinion.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender US standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Amps: Fender Princeton Recording Amp, H&K Statesman Dual EL84
Effects: Pod XT, Keeley TS808, Keeley DS-1, RAT

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Aug 17 2009, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
As a long-term member that spends way too much time on GMC, I would have no problem spending $30 knowing all that I'm getting from this site.

If I were a noob and looking for a pay guitar site, I'm not sure that I would be willing to part with $30/mo.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 22 2009, 05:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Aug 18 2009, 12:23 AM) *
As a long-term member that spends way too much time on GMC, I would have no problem spending $30 knowing all that I'm getting from this site.

If I were a noob and looking for a pay guitar site, I'm not sure that I would be willing to part with $30/mo.

You're right... smile.gif However, only noobs join this site as they can't have any experience with what it has to offer without having joined it. sad.gif Very difficult to solve this problem. I guess we should just advertise more and try to persuade people to use this resource.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Jenbu
Aug 22 2009, 07:05 PM
that's good news for us who are members now but for me it kinda sucks :/ since I have to create a new account everytime I shall pay for a new year or month. I have 3 accounts now. The first was a month paid and the second too but this account got a year paid smile.gif
But do you need to have paypal to pay the existing account?

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Aug 22 2009, 07:53 PM
Many thanks to Kris for keeping the price for current members. That says a lot about you in the first place. I have to admit after 30 consecutive months that I have spent less than the price of my guitar. So to me, it was well worth it. I run a business too and know that proper price increases are the back bone of keeping the doors open. Just keep an eye on the joining rate to see if it is greatly effected. As well as how long they stay.

Good luck GMC!

Jason

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
enforcer
Aug 22 2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the act of good will Kris... For new members its a little pricey though biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Jenbu
Aug 24 2009, 09:47 PM
well it's just to play like hell out the payment tongue.gif and maybe keep on paying

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 24 2009, 09:59 PM
i don't mind the price adjustment.. but i am a little upset because atm my subscription is expired so i will have to sign up again sad.gif and the extra money is a deterant.. but im sure ill find a way anyways smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
jdriver
Aug 25 2009, 03:28 AM
This seems designed to stem the tidal wave of new members. It doesn't matter if there are 1,000 lessons or 100,000 lessons. A person can only study just so many of them. I seriously doubt the lessons per member usage number has changed much.

But it's Kris's site and he can do what he wants, and I'm grateful to keep the old price.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
DenisN
Aug 26 2009, 12:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Chris,

I've just payed for additional 3 months but I would like to take the subscription for 12 months after that. Does that mean that I'll have to pay for it according to the new prices?

Cheers

Denis

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 26 2009, 04:32 PM
Instructor
Denis, I don't think you will have to pay the new price, if you didn't canceled the subscription.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 26 2009, 04:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 26 2009, 05:32 PM) *
Denis, I don't think you will have to pay the new price, if you didn't canceled the subscription.

You would if you wanna change from 3 months to 12 months subsciption.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 26 2009, 04:50 PM
Instructor
Oh, I'm not sure, we better wait for Kris in this case to clarify things, didn't mean to create confusion smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DenisN
Aug 28 2009, 05:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Well guys, I cnceled it and payed 90$ for the whole year....smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 28 2009, 06:20 PM
Instructor
Is that a good or a bad thing Denis?

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:53 AM