4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Desert Bus Collab !, I was bullied into it by 2 Europeans....
jstcrsn
Aug 6 2013, 12:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 6 2013, 09:25 AM) *
How dare you accuse my collab of lacking fatness ? It's fatter than a bus full of American tourists ! tongue.gif

with comments like this , please refer to my take on the schwarzeneggar collab wacko.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 6 2013, 03:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 6 2013, 11:53 AM) *

Oh yeah that was monstrous !!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 6 2013, 12:54 PM) *
with comments like this , please refer to my take on the schwarzeneggar collab wacko.gif

The one with the assault rifle ??? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Aug 7 2013, 12:29 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 6 2013, 04:25 AM) *
How dare you accuse my collab of lacking fatness ? It's fatter than a bus full of American tourists ! tongue.gif

Now that's just funny.... and accurate!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 7 2013, 12:49 AM
Well then smile.gif Here is a preview of my solo bit with the backing.

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/guitarmasterclass-net-bus

Here is the solo only. Starts at 0 so it should just drop in to the timeline. But honestly, if you wanna slide it about and change the timing, that's fine too, it's all in key smile.gif

Here is the solo only. Both soundcloud files have downloads enabled.

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/solo-only-guitarmasterclass

Still finding inspiration for the vid, but it will be up soon! smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 7 2013, 12:51 AM

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 7 2013, 10:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
And here is the video. Can you still download from youtube, Ben?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 7 2013, 10:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 7 2013, 12:49 AM) *
Well then smile.gif Here is a preview of my solo bit with the backing.

Nice work T-Man !! Good to hear you rocking some bluesy bends - niice cool.gif

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 7 2013, 10:46 AM) *

Yes I can - thanks !!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 7 2013, 02:24 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 7 2013, 01:46 PM) *

Damn who's this mysterious gringo ? Came out of nowhere and killed it cool.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 7 2013, 05:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 7 2013, 09:46 AM) *

Ha ha! Hungry tongue.gif So damn oriental mood You brought in there tongue.gif Nice job biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 7 2013, 07:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Aug 7 2013, 02:24 PM) *
Damn who's this mysterious gringo ? Came out of nowhere and killed it cool.gif

Some say... he comes from the land of the ice and snow... where the midnight sun and hot springs glow... ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 8 2013, 07:39 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Sorry Ben, I just haven't been able to make the time to get it together enough and make a recording for this collab , but I wanted to go ahead and let you hear the idea that I had recorded to remind myself of the direction I wanted to go. sad.gif kind of a trial run , I missed the 1 coming in and was also pretty sloppy especially at the end where the ending snuck up on me and I kind of lost it biggrin.gif . Anyway here is my first idea take in all it's sloppiness that I laid down as a reference for where I wanted to go. Great sounding takes from the rest of you guys! Rock on! cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/richatthelake66/desert-bus-seat-666-idea-take

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Aug 8 2013, 07:44 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 8 2013, 10:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 8 2013, 07:39 AM) *
Sorry Ben, I just haven't been able to make the time to get it together enough and make a recording for this collab , but I wanted to go ahead and let you hear the idea that I had recorded to remind myself of the direction I wanted to go. sad.gif kind of a trial run , I missed the 1 coming in and was also pretty sloppy especially at the end where the ending snuck up on me and I kind of lost it biggrin.gif . Anyway here is my first idea take in all it's sloppiness that I laid down as a reference for where I wanted to go. Great sounding takes from the rest of you guys! Rock on! cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/richatthelake66/desert-bus-seat-666-idea-take

Hey Rich, you definitely have to record this and get a video ! I'll hold the final mix until I've got your take in, ok ? cool.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 8 2013, 12:10 PM
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 7 2013, 11:46 AM) *

Epic tune and playing Hungrey!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 8 2013, 06:07 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 8 2013, 01:33 AM) *
Hey Rich, you definitely have to record this and get a video ! I'll hold the final mix until I've got your take in, ok ? cool.gif

Ok Ben thanks man, I'll do my best to make some time this evening to try and get it down and cleaned up, I'll need about 2 hours of warmup since I haven't been able to play much lately biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2013, 08:06 PM
NICE!!!! Very cool solo interpretation there. I really dig the eastern vibe you went with. Works perfect!
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 7 2013, 05:46 AM) *

*LESSON NOTES: Every lick in my solo bit here is from LESSON 203
http://bit.ly/gmclesson203
Special thanks to Ben for letting me use the Bus backing in the lesson!

Some great takes!!! Here is my vid.

*Starts at 0:00 with the song so it should match up in a video edit timeline. The vid starts black and playing starts about 4 seconds in.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 8 2013, 08:13 PM

+Quote Post
Blister
Aug 9 2013, 04:34 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok, hope you are sitting down. Blister's first collab attempt! smile.gif

I hope I did everything correctly. I took the Phrygian challenge ... why? I have no idea. It was fun & helpful to me. I just started playing with the Phrygian scale & just couldn't seem to stop. biggrin.gif

I'm using Todd's TH1 preset called "8weekstekniks"

https://soundcloud.com/gary-frampton/desrt-collab-blister-w-bt

https://soundcloud.com/gary-frampton/desrt-collab-blister-no-bt

Oops! So sorry, apparently I didn't read the instructions. ohmy.gif I now see it is a video collab.

This post has been edited by Blister: Aug 9 2013, 04:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 9 2013, 05:33 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Blister @ Aug 8 2013, 07:34 PM) *

I hope I did everything correctly. I took the Phrygian challenge ... why? I have no idea. It was fun & helpful to me. I just started playing with the Phrygian scale & just couldn't seem to stop. biggrin.gif

Oops! So sorry, apparently I didn't read the instructions. ohmy.gif I now see it is a video collab.

What! Gary this is huge! Ladies and gentlemen, Blister has left the building! Seriously man , you have got to start doing more of these, this is a very good take my friend, congrats! smile.gif Good elements throughout. Melody, phrasing, starting and ending phrases on good strong notes, call and response with tension and release. And even technique, some sliding, some legato, and even some double picking for good measure,not to mention that you told us a story with the overall construction of the solo. Very impressive man! smile.gif Here is proof positive that hard practice and GMC pays off!
Wait I missed something, dry.gif Oh yeah, nice tone! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Aug 9 2013, 07:04 AM

+Quote Post
Blister
Aug 9 2013, 12:57 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 8 2013, 11:33 PM) *
What! Gary this is huge! Ladies and gentlemen, Blister has left the building! Seriously man , you have got to start doing more of these, this is a very good take my friend, congrats! smile.gif Good elements throughout. Melody, phrasing, starting and ending phrases on good strong notes, call and response with tension and release. And even technique, some sliding, some legato, and even some double picking for good measure,not to mention that you told us a story with the overall construction of the solo. Very impressive man! smile.gif Here is proof positive that hard practice and GMC pays off!
Wait I missed something, dry.gif Oh yeah, nice tone! biggrin.gif

Wow! Thanks so much Rich! I really appreciate your comments & your encouragement. I would not have achieved this level without the motivation of my friends here at GMC! I haven't figured out which is scarier to do; REC's or Collabs, but you can't improve unless you take that "Leap of Faith" & just do them! I've got such a long way to go but I've come so far from when I started at GMC! smile.gif

I got up early this morning & did this video. Sorry for the bad quality but hope it is ok. I haven't quite mastered the recording techniques as of yet.

https://soundcloud.com/gary-frampton/desrt-collab-video-guiter-only

This post has been edited by Blister: Aug 9 2013, 01:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 9 2013, 03:03 PM
NICE!!! Look at him go!!!! First off, GREAT TONE smile.gif Seriously man your playing is top notch here. Your working yourself to death in and out of chat and it shows in your playing!!!! This is one well built solo. You've taken all the bits that I"m always banging on about in chat and put it to use building your own style. Nicely done!!!

It really does feel like a solo, it's got
1.)A start
2.)A middle
3.)an ending.
this is what separates many great solos from the rest. Each solo is a story so it should have a opener, middle, closer. Not to mention your spiff technique on display. Super congrats on this. You should do these more often!

Todd

QUOTE (Blister @ Aug 8 2013, 11:34 PM) *

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 9 2013, 04:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 8 2013, 08:06 PM) *
Some great takes!!! Here is my vid.

Excellent, grabbed the vid - thanks T-Master !

QUOTE (Blister @ Aug 9 2013, 04:34 AM) *

Well hot, diggedy damn !!!!!!

I am honoured that you chose my humble piece to lay down your first ever collab ass kicking biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nice work - the Phrygian vibe works perfectly as you and H4H have shown !!

Ok, so I think the only things I will need now are

- AK Rich's takes
- Slav's video

cool.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Aug 10 2013, 01:58 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 9 2013, 09:03 AM) *
NICE!!! Look at him go!!!! First off, GREAT TONE smile.gif Seriously man your playing is top notch here. Your working yourself to death in and out of chat and it shows in your playing!!!! This is one well built solo. You've taken all the bits that I"m always banging on about in chat and put it to use building your own style. Nicely done!!!

It really does feel like a solo, it's got
1.)A start
2.)A middle
3.)an ending.
this is what separates many great solos from the rest. Each solo is a story so it should have a opener, middle, closer. Not to mention your spiff technique on display. Super congrats on this. You should do these more often!

Todd

Thank you so much Todd! I have enjoyed your chats so much & really feel I am getting a lot out of those lessons. Curses on work for getting in the way of the rest of the amazing instructor's chats.

I love the way you & Rich put it about a solo needing to tell a story. That makes so much sense.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 9 2013, 10:05 AM) *
Well hot, diggedy damn !!!!!!

I am honoured that you chose my humble piece to lay down your first ever collab ass kicking biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nice work - the Phrygian vibe works perfectly as you and H4H have shown !!

Oh no! The honour is completely mine! I knew right away this bt had the perfect vibe to get me started in collabs. And then Todd devoted an entire lesson to it, which was exactly the kick in the pants I needed. That's when that little voice in the back of my head said, "This is the one, do it now!" biggrin.gif Now that I think of it, I believe that little voice may have had a german or finnish accent. wink.gif

Passing this first hurdle is a huge accomplishment for me! All the GMC'ers do such amazing professional styled solos in these collabs that it's intimidating to submit my humble take. But now that I've done this one, the next one won't be near as scarey. Thanks so much! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:49 PM