How Was Your Weekend?, Gigs, recording or friends/ family meetings? :)
Darius Wave
Dec 9 2013, 01:15 PM
Instructor
Hey friends!

How did You spend the weekend? I was on a festival with my father and our young singer - Kasia. All weekend was awesome. We won the competition. This time there was no judges - just the audience in the hall and facebook voting. It was a great surprise for us.

Funny thing - either me and my father had to play our "second-stage" guitars because his Taylor was in the service and my brand new Martin is living his first winter now...so a bit of humidity issues made it not playable sad.gif I have to work on this in my new place sad.gif

Here's a litle pic from performance. This time fingerstyle on classical guitar smile.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
klasaine
Dec 9 2013, 05:59 PM
GMC:er
Very cool! Congratulations.
*Weather is a killer on acoustic instruments - especially new ones.

Mostly family stuff this weekend but also a little recording.

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 9 2013, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Your recording place looks very "home-like" smile.gif I think You had some really good time at the weekend smile.gif I wish I could spend more time with friends and my family but there is a lot of work waiting for me as soon as I arrived...sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ladyshredder
Dec 9 2013, 06:51 PM
Wow congratulations! Sounds like a really cool way to spend the first weekend into december smile.gif

klasaine, is that a hagström guitar? It's very beautiful!

Myself... I spent the weekend writing a thesis from home and working on my guitar playing! Good balance between work and passion. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 9 2013, 06:51 PM
Instructor
Wou Darius! Congratulations!! I would really like to hear that! What did you play?

I had a very cool gig with Cirse:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 9 2013, 07:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ladyshredder @ Dec 9 2013, 06:51 PM) *
Wow congratulations! Sounds like a really cool way to spend the first weekend into december smile.gif

Myself... I spent the weekend writing a thesis from home and working on my guitar playing! Good balance between work and passion. wink.gif

Agree...that was very cool way to spend the weekend wink.gif We were all surprised with the results smile.gif As for practicing...let's call it just another "being on stage" practice in my case wink.gif World went far forward. When I was 17 I played tons of gigs and only once per year could get a single photo from any of those tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 9 2013, 06:51 PM) *
Wou Darius! Congratulations!! I would really like to hear that! What did you play?

I had a very cool gig with Cirse:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Well Gab Your photos say it all smile.gif I had a cool gig with my rock band a week ago smile.gif Now it was a time to play some classical smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 9 2013, 07:46 PM
QUOTE (Ladyshredder @ Dec 9 2013, 09:51 AM) *

The archtop is a Ventura. Japanese from 1968 (basically an L5 copy).
*I do have a Hagstrom though. One of these ... http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http:/...ved=0CDcQ9QEwBQ

What's your thesis on?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 9 2013, 08:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 9 2013, 03:42 PM) *
Well Gab Your photos say it all smile.gif I had a cool gig with my rock band a week ago smile.gif Now it was a time to play some classical smile.gif

Cool! How often do you play with your band?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Dec 9 2013, 08:16 PM
Learning Tone Master

Congrats Darek, you really had an awesome weekend!!! Actually I'm not surprised for the final result of the competition wink.gif I like when you play with your father and I always expect for you to win smile.gif

My weekend wasn't special but it was useful for my playing.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 9 2013, 08:31 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I spent the weekend at home doing weird stuff with a scandinavian dude over the internet.
This is the result:

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 9 2013, 08:49 PM
Instructor
Ha ha ha biggrin.gif I've seen this stuff smile.gif Very nice work...Really extreme sense of humor biggrin.gif

Gabriel - I can't tell You precisely. I can only tell that all the bands together fill my time like ONE PROPERLY FUNCTIONING BAND smile.gif All of them have better and worse times. Fortunately they one fill the gap while other has a bad period. I can answer why do I not have one solid band to work with. Maybe it's cause by my need of doing different music at the same time. Loosing one of those I would feel like loosing a part of me smile.gif

Monica - those are not a guitar competitions tongue.gif I just play a few notes that are needed in some particular places. That's the whole trick about that music. But...It gives me same pleasure as overheating the guitar in other band tongue.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 10 2013, 05:07 AM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 9 2013, 09:06 AM) *
Your recording place looks very "home-like" smile.gif I think You had some really good time at the weekend smile.gif I wish I could spend more time with friends and my family but there is a lot of work waiting for me as soon as I arrived...sad.gif

biggrin.gif I wish that was 'my' recording place. But no, it's a commercial studio here in town.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Dec 10 2013, 05:07 AM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Dec 10 2013, 07:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 9 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Monica - those are not a guitar competitions tongue.gif I just play a few notes that are needed in some particular places. That's the whole trick about that music. But...It gives me same pleasure as overheating the guitar in other band tongue.gif

Yes, I know, it's a kind of poetry accompanied by acoustic guitar tongue.gif We have the same type of festivals and competitions in our country wink.gif But, here the part made by guitar sound awful. Just few chords nothing tasty or refreshing, nothing that you can like. We don't have young vocal singer for this type of festivals.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 10 2013, 09:23 AM
Instructor
She does the "good-looking" job biggrin.gif Of course she also sings very well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 10 2013, 01:46 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 9 2013, 08:49 PM) *
Ha ha ha biggrin.gif I've seen this stuff smile.gif Very nice work...Really extreme sense of humor biggrin.gif

Very FINGER Sense of humour IMO tongue.gif

Btw, Gabe congrats on gig, surely your fans love you honestly, that's what we can easy see from the pictures cool.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 10 2013, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Indeed Slav biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2013, 04:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 9 2013, 04:49 PM) *
Gabriel - I can't tell You precisely. I can only tell that all the bands together fill my time like ONE PROPERLY FUNCTIONING BAND smile.gif All of them have better and worse times. Fortunately they one fill the gap while other has a bad period. I can answer why do I not have one solid band to work with. Maybe it's cause by my need of doing different music at the same time. Loosing one of those I would feel like loosing a part of me smile.gif

Nice mate. That sounds great. In my case Cirse requires many time so I can manage another project by now. However I would really like to find the time since I also like playing different styles.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 10 2013, 06:18 PM
Instructor
completely understand You smile.gif I would probably have the same if had single, well prospering band wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:56 AM