> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

50 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Misterm's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 20 2015, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Interesting! This harmonization is in thirds and it's one of the most used. You can also experiment with other intervals to harmonize and see what results you have. The most frequently used at 3rds, 5ths, 8ths and 6ths. Try them!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 21 2015, 06:22 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

This evening I made a Take.
I must work on the height of Bends, it's not very good
I have harmonized a final sequence

What do you think about my dynamic ? mellow.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2015, 03:17 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this is a very good take on this great lesson.

You can now play the whole thing and some focus on smallest details will make the difference now. The intro riffs have some room to sound with more dynamics. Check how Guido uses down picking in some sections to get a different accent. This is also empathized by the used of palm muting to give and staccato feel.

About the solo section, you already noted that your bending can be more consistent, and I'd like to add that I notice that your vibrato has more room to sound more defined (check for example the one at 00:28). I notice many notes with this vibrato thing to tweak. Besides this, I also think that more dynamics in the solo section is another element that will improve your take on this one.

Ok mate, that's all by now, keep on the hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 23 2015, 08:54 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi mate, this is a very good take on this great lesson.

Hi Gab, thank you

You can now play the whole thing and some focus on smallest details will make the difference now.

Yes I feel better the lesson, I isolated the most difficult sequences

The intro riffs have some room to sound with more dynamics.

Ok, I try to obtain the same sound but it's difficult.
Maybe you have a advices about the setting ?

Delay
- Dry 11%
- 250 ms

Check how Guido uses down picking in some sections to get a different accent. This is also empathized by the used of palm muting to give and staccato feel.

Today I'll check it and I shall work by looking at his video

About the solo section, you already noted that your bending can be more consistent, and I'd like to add that I notice that your vibrato has more room to sound more defined (check for example the one at 00:28). I notice many notes with this vibrato thing to tweak. Besides this, I also think that more dynamics in the solo section is another element that will improve your take on this one.

I agree my vibrato is sometimes too fast

Ok mate, that's all by now, keep on the hard work! wink.gif

I keep on wink.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 23 2015, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2015, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I like the tone that you are using. I mean the control of dynamics done with your pick while playing. Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 24 2015, 06:43 AM
Veteran Tone Master
OK Gab

I understood biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2015, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 25 2015, 11:41 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

News lesson on REC -

1 - Jazz swing rythm
2 - Jazz swing lead

I like jazz, I don't often work the chord progression, I find this very interesting lesson.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 25 2015, 07:42 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 26 2015, 01:28 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! I think that the rhythm part of this take sounds good. You are changing chords smoothly over the backing track. I think that the part that needs more polishing is the solo section. There are basically two things that I would focus now. The first one is timing, which is not precise, it seems that the "swing" feel is giving problems yet. The second element that I would tweak here is your tone. It's lacking presence and definition in the mix. Try experimenting a bit more with your EQ.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 28 2015, 07:47 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

OK I'll work on tone for lead part.

Here a new take of Tasty etude

June 2015

October 2015

Workshop or not ?

At the moment, I have a lot of pleasure has to play because my sound is never very good.
I know that the dynamics comes from fingers but I am never satisfied by me.
I have no material, I play only with soft "Native instrumentGuitar Rig" and for some time I grow tired.
I am in journey all week, think you that I have to have a break by leaving without my guitar...

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 28 2015, 07:54 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 29 2015, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! I have to say that I've enjoyed your new take a lot! There are many improvements between your previous take and this one. Your tone and feelings are the most notorious elements that show improvements here. Except by some details like a bend close to the end or a phrase that could sound cleaner, your overall is very enjoyable. There is some more room to give more feeling, off course, there is always room for that unless you are Guthrie Govan, but your playing is so good on this one.

I don't think that using guitar rig is a problem, I repeat, your tone on this new video is really good. But there are many other options (some of them free as Poulin) that you can explore. Tone search is a beautiful and never ending process...

Keep on rocking.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 31 2015, 05:17 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

New take of workshop rolleyes.gif
What do you think about it ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2015, 12:00 AM
Instructor
Beautiful take MisterM!! I enjoyed the whole thing, nice playing, good dynamics. Everything sounds top level. If you want to go even farther with this one, you an emulate a bit more Jonathan's vibrato.

Keep on rocking!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 1 2015, 07:48 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab,

I tried to follow your advice on details. I find this video better.
Yesterday my spirit was relaxed, I had some ease.
I ajusted the tone pot, I find that the sound is more balanced.

OK for the vibrato, I work on it, it is not still natural but that will come.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 2 2015, 12:07 AM
Instructor
Great mate! I'm not sure but maybe you've missed to insert the new video, don't you?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 10 2015, 08:55 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

I have put on-line my work on Ben's land of legato.
What do you think about it ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2015, 01:29 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! This sounds good. You can make legato sound clean and clear. The only little detail that I note is that sometimes your playing is not completely tight, there are some small parts where you rush a bit. So pay attention to it during the next days of practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 11 2015, 05:11 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

Thank you for your comment.
Actually, I work on Ben's legato land 2 to keep the work persisted on the legato.
I know my problem without timing I don't know how to correct it ?

The ben's lesson shows they differents sequencies.
The really question for me : How to work the sequence with a metronome ?

Could you show yourself in a video how to work with a metronome ?
I need an example to listen and to play to correct my errors of timing.

I hope that my language is correct, I sometimes have difficulty with English

Here my take 75% speed Legato 2.. Youtube has a problem.... Wait and see unsure.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 11 2015, 05:12 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2015, 01:19 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This new video sounds good! The timing issues are less notorious here.

About practicing with metronome, the best is to start with guitar pro that includes the guitar lines and let you turn on metronome. You can also slow down the lessons and create loops. Are you currently using it for learning lessons?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 12 2015, 04:26 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hello Gab

I didn't think has Guitar Pro.
It is a big idea, I shall try in the next session.

Yesterday, I sent a message has Ben, here is the answer :

Hi, I just watched your take for LL2.. it's actually very good.
The problems are with the triplets as you probably know.

What you can do is set up a metronome at 100 or less.. maybe at 90 or even 80.
Once you've done that you can practise only the triplet part but do it with a break in between.
Don't try to play constantly because you'll run out of energy and make mistakes.

If you feel confident after doing a few repetitions (with breaks in between) then try playing two
together then have a break, then play two, then another break.

Use the metronome to help you by pausing for a certain number of clicks then resuming on the
beat again. What you can do is play one repetition, then pause whilst you imagine another rep
being played, then resume playing where the 3rd rep would start - does that make sense?
So what you're doing is playing 1 rep, pause, then playing another rep but the time would
occur as if you'd played 3.

Ben

Edit : I tried this evening with guitar pro.
I understand how I have to work, I made loops and I played with the lowered tempo has 60 70 bpm.

I did not understand what Ben said about triplets.
Now I understand : he speaks triplets of the end of the lesson. It is very fast, I shall work several months so that it is a success.

Thank you mate ;-)

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 12 2015, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post

50 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
15 User(s) are reading this topic (15 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:17 PM