2 Pages V  < 1 2  
I Have Made My Decisions :), (I hope)
Gerardo Siere
Jul 10 2008, 01:52 PM
Instructor
About the Mbox, the pro I find it kinda expensive, I hve recently purchased a Mbox1 (still hasent arrive home) they have Focusrite preamps, it as bfd bundled (so you may let out toontrack) also for nice and fast bt making try native bandstand as vst.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Jul 10 2008, 08:31 PM
GMC:er
Be carefull when you fly back home. The custom guys take that very seriously now. At least everybody from the euro-zone should be carefull. 3 of my friends had to tax the guitars, laptops and other stuff they bought in the USA at the custom controll . It gets really expensive because of the penatly you have to pay in addition to the tax.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
swingline
Jul 10 2008, 08:53 PM
I would also say get addictive drums, EZDrummer is great but you only get a very basic kit and you have to buy ad-on packs to get more versatile sets. Everyone I know thought that the basic set will do, but then they all got that craving for more and they ended up shelling out more money.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 11 2008, 12:47 AM
QUOTE (ItsMe @ Jul 10 2008, 09:31 PM) *
Be carefull when you fly back home. The custom guys take that very seriously now. At least everybody from the euro-zone should be carefull. 3 of my friends had to tax the guitars, laptops and other stuff they bought in the USA at the custom controll . It gets really expensive because of the penatly you have to pay in addition to the tax.

I have planned to only buy stuff that I can fit into a bag so I hope it won't be noticed tongue.gif
How do they find out if it's bought in USA or not, and do you think there will be space for an Mbox Pro, a laptop and some Virtual instrument-packs or whatever I should call it in a backpack?

QUOTE (swingline @ Jul 10 2008, 09:53 PM) *
I would also say get addictive drums, EZDrummer is great but you only get a very basic kit and you have to buy ad-on packs to get more versatile sets. Everyone I know thought that the basic set will do, but then they all got that craving for more and they ended up shelling out more money.

Ok, I am very sure that I'll go for Addictive Drums now smile.gif

@ Gerardo
I thought it would be smart to buy it as there were quite alot of plugins following with the Mbox pro.

---

Do you think it would be smart to have all the instrument samples loaded on one portable harddisk or could that cause trouble somehow?

This post has been edited by IDontWantMyUsername: Jul 11 2008, 12:53 AM

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 11 2008, 07:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (swingline @ Jul 10 2008, 09:53 PM) *

mmm that's true, but expansions sound amazing rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 11 2008, 09:49 PM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jul 11 2008, 08:34 AM) *
mmm that's true, but expansions sound amazing rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

If I should happen to choose EZDrummer, what expansions would you recommend then?

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

+Quote Post
javari
Jul 12 2008, 08:25 AM
two suggestions:

imo an important difference between the macbook and the macbook pro is the screen size.
with a macbook pro there's just more room, and in my experience thats important. With a small screen you just keep scrolling...

And for the Axiom; why don't you consider the Yamaha KX series? They have great bundeld software. You get Cubase AI with it, which has lots of possibilities, a decent amount of samples and a great analog synth VST.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender US standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Amps: Fender Princeton Recording Amp, H&K Statesman Dual EL84
Effects: Pod XT, Keeley TS808, Keeley DS-1, RAT

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 12 2008, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (javari @ Jul 12 2008, 09:25 AM) *
two suggestions:

imo an important difference between the macbook and the macbook pro is the screen size.
with a macbook pro there's just more room, and in my experience thats important. With a small screen you just keep scrolling...

And for the Axiom; why don't you consider the Yamaha KX series? They have great bundeld software. You get Cubase AI with it, which has lots of possibilities, a decent amount of samples and a great analog synth VST.

I don't think I'll need 2 mixing programs as I will get Pro Tools with the Mbox anyways, but if you know of other MIDI-controllers that have Plugins or other stuff bundled with them, please tell smile.gif

By the way I've heard something about a bass sound library called Yellow Tools Majestic. What would you say of it compared to Trilogy?

This post has been edited by IDontWantMyUsername: Jul 13 2008, 06:01 AM

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 13 2008, 11:07 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Majestic is a sampler/rom type bass and is actually very good but I would say Trilogy is a bit more flexible and easier to work with. I think you'd find putting bass lines together easier and faster with Trilogy. Where Majestic might win out over Trilogy though is if you buy it as a multi-pack bundled with Candy - YellowTools' really good sax rompler - and then are able to get a good discount. (YellowTools make some other romplers which are also good but to me Candy is the best of them.)

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 13 2008, 04:20 PM
I looked a little closer at the Yellowtools-products, but I could only find a bundle with the percussion, sax and bass in one. One thing I noticed while looking through it was that I needed an authorization key for the software to work.
If I buy this, does it have to be licensed with that particular key, or can I use an iLok? I think it would be pretty hard to keep track on all these keys if I had to get one for each new library I got.

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:44 PM