Help With Eminor Lick, Up and downstrokes
SamJ
Mar 31 2008, 04:16 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,
I've been practicing the lick that I have attached in the .GP5 file and written below and was wondering if somone could add in the downstrokes and upstrokes which should be used when playing it.

CODE
     |---3--|  |---3--|  |---3--|  |---3--|  
E||------------------------------------------|
B||------------------------------------------|
G||--9p--7-----7-----------------------------|
D||---------9-----9p--7--9p--7--5--7p--5-----|
A||---------------------------------------7--|
E||------------------------------------------|

|---3--|  |---3--|  |---3--|  |---3--|                                      
------------------------------------------|-------------------||
--5---------------------------------------|-------------------||
-----7p--5--7p--5-----5-------------------|-------------------||
-------------------7-----7p--5--7p--5--3--|--0----------------||

[attachment=6218:Em_Lick.gp5]

In GP5 there is actually a button to show if the note is to be played with an up or down and it would be extremely helpful if someone edited the file with the correct up/down strokes.

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 31 2008, 04:21 PM
I'd imagine lots of people would play it in many different ways so it is down to what is most comfy for you. I'd start it with an upstroke but others may start with downstroke.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 31 2008, 04:32 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Remember there is no right or wrong way like OC said , but here is how i would typically pick it..

Attached File  Em_Lick.gp5 ( 1.84K ) Number of downloads: 145

Hope that helps! But i recomend you sit and find out what you find comfortable for next time, analysing your own playing can be great great help smile.gif

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 31 2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the quick reply OrganisedConfusion but I'd quite like to know the correct technique so I can apply to all of my playing.

EDIT: Thanks DeepRoots, exactly what I was looking for! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Mar 31 2008, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 31 2008, 04:41 PM
I will add how I would play it later when I'm home from work but 8 people may reply all with different ways which may confuse you. There isn't a correct way. Whatever is easiest for you.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 31 2008, 04:51 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 31 2008, 03:41 PM) *
I will add how I would play it later when I'm home from work but 8 people may reply all with different ways which may confuse you. There isn't a correct way. Whatever is easiest for you.

Agreed, you are the boss on how this is played- there s no correct way. Some may play all down strokes, some may start with an up. So many different ways of playing it- why not try several ways and see what works for you ie.. what is easiest/gives you the tone your after?

Also- try different fingerings, or playing it with straight alternate picking without the hammer-ons and pull-offs. This is a great opportunity for you to explore how you like to play smile.gif

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 31 2008, 04:58 PM
Cool, thanks for the advice guys. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:41 AM