2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Radio
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 4 2021, 01:02 PM
GMC Founder
Check the follow-up to this topic here
-----

Given that we have completed so many cool collabs - it would nice if we could find a way to listen to them more often.

Some of you have suggested a GMC Spotify account, and I can certainly understand the thinking behind that.

However I think the people who will be most interested in listening to the GMC collabs...are the GMC users! So having some kind of radio button on the site would be cool.

This is something we have discussed in the past, but given how the Internet has matured the last decade am I now thinking there should be some third party software that meets our needs and which I will be able to implement myself on the site.

Some of the features I would want to see:

* Live shows: We should be able to hold live podcasts with a sitewide live notification (kinda like we had for live video streams a while back- though that solution was a little buggy). This will allow GMC users to host a GMC show, showcase and discuss their favorite collabs and maybe also meet and jam! (when the pandemic is over)

* We should also be able to re-play / loop the shows so that users can tune in any time to hear a bit of GMC collab history.

Let me know your thoughts and if you know of any service/software that could be cool to use for this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 4 2021, 03:09 PM
GMC:er
Hard to say no that smile.gif

On the extra, I'd also like to see a music channel option like maybe we could turn "what you're listening now" topic shares to a playlist/radio. GMC'ers music taste is great, would beat jumping around spotify trying to find something good smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 4 2021, 03:33 PM
GMC Founder
Interesting, you mean like the option to broadcast popular tunes as well? Might be doable maybe through some third party streaming lisence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 4 2021, 03:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 4 2021, 04:33 PM) *
Interesting, you mean like the option to broadcast popular tunes as well? Might be doable maybe through some third party streaming lisence.

Only issue I can see is maybe how "what you're listening to now" or popular tunes would violate some copyright things? I don't know much about it, but I could just imagine it could be an issue.

A GMC live podcast or similar could be interesting. I do miss the webcam sessions.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 4 2021, 03:43 PM
GMC Founder
Cael - copyright for sure would be the challenge with such an option. But even that kind of stuff is getting easier to deal with now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 4 2021, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 4 2021, 02:33 PM) *

Yeah and we could keep it very simple, like create a separate youtube account (https://music.youtube.com ?) and make a (or few) playlists there to embed to this main website.

Would be easy for GMC'ers to add music from there (so you won't be busy with adding music) also access would be easy since this website is already smart-phone compatible.

I don't know how hard/easy this would be but since its more of a fun-factor idea, at-least at start keeping it simple would be the best until it gives an idea if GMC'ers will use it or not regularly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 4 2021, 06:33 PM
GMC Founder
Yeah good thinking Mertay, something like that could def work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2021, 07:09 PM
Instructor
This sounds like a killer idea!!! Using youtube service can be a good idea. I've seen many accounts using it as a "radio" player that never ends.

There are also other services like this one but I have no experience with it:

https://elfsight.com/radio-player-widget/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 4 2021, 07:53 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 4 2021, 12:02 PM) *
Some of the features I would want to see:

* Live shows: We should be able to hold live podcasts with a sitewide live notification (kinda like we had for live video streams a while back- though that solution was a little buggy). This will allow GMC users to host a GMC show, showcase and discuss their favorite collabs and maybe also meet and jam! (when the pandemic is over)

* We should also be able to re-play / loop the shows so that users can tune in any time to hear a bit of GMC collab history.

Let me know your thoughts and if you know of any service/software that could be cool to use for this.

I remember Todd's live stream and know your channel and recently saw Gab. on the community channel. Although the concepts are similar, the style's of hosting/vibes are very different and it would be colorful to somehow unite these in to a main channel live show.

So yeah discussing the collab's would be a nice foundation. On youtube I noticed also people love to ask questions while a live-show is running so it can also be spiced-up by live student question contributions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 4 2021, 08:19 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 4 2021, 07:09 PM) *
There are also other services like this one but I have no experience with it:

https://elfsight.com/radio-player-widget/

Yes that one feels very slick!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2021, 06:22 AM
Sounds like some very spiff ideas! Adding an embedded playlist from youtube with all of the "what your listening now" vids sounds pretty straightforward? We could just add to the playlist each time a new track is added to the thread smile.gif

For live stuff, many folks are using TWITCH these days. I don't know if we could embed it or not though? Here is some info on that.
https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed

of course, youtube now does live streams with chat which can be saved and the chat stream replayed during viewing the vid.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2524549?hl=en

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 5 2021, 11:47 PM
GMC Founder
I have now implemented a rough test version of a podcast player in this thread only (scroll to the top of the page).

I have recorded a short podcast to give an impression of type content we could feature.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 6 2021, 12:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hmm, I can't really see anything. Where do I find it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 6 2021, 12:40 AM
GMC Founder
If you can’t see the player at the top of this page, it might be an ad blocker or other extension stopping it. Perhaps try with an incognito browser page.

Here is how it looks on my phone:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 6 2021, 12:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
You were right, it was the adblocker. I disabled it for GMC now.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Mar 6 2021, 12:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2021, 06:43 AM
Well cool smile.gif Does it support video podcasts as well? So much of what we do is helped by being able to "show" in addition to "tell"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 6 2021, 01:34 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 6 2021, 06:43 AM) *
Well cool smile.gif Does it support video podcasts as well? So much of what we do is helped by being able to "show" in addition to "tell"

I think I will probably opt for a more flexible solution than this one (which supports more advanced features including video).

My idea however was to have a small audio based player that will allow for new type of content. We have been doing the video based stuff for ages - and it sure is much better for instructional content, but I feel we have cool audio based content as well.

For example, I can see how GMC forumites could publish their own podcast in the forum. I will keep experimenting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 6 2021, 02:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Something video related could be interesting too. To create a more personal experience. Much like Gabriel is doing now with his video replies, it makes it a lot more interesting and motivating. As I've said before I really enjoyed the webcam sessions, even if there was a lot of delay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2021, 11:31 PM
Spotify could be a great way to reach non GMC users imho. As a method of trying to reach new people to get them interested in the GMC community. Seems like a great way to get in front of a much larger audience right? It's great to have streaming on site to be sure. But it doesn't help us reach new people as a spotify account might? Just thinking out loud.

Youtube will let us do live streaming for free which is handy, just needs to be embeded properly. Then it saves to an archive which could also serve as a way for people to find out about gmc via youtube. smile.gif

I'm always trying to think of ways we might reach new people and expand our wonderful community smile.gif

I love the radio player! It's great to hear GMC music when the site comes up!!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 18 2021, 07:27 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 13 2021, 11:31 PM) *
Spotify could be a great way to reach non GMC users imho. As a method of trying to reach new people to get them interested in the GMC community. Seems like a great way to get in front of a much larger audience right? It's great to have streaming on site to be sure. But it doesn't help us reach new people as a spotify account might? Just thinking out loud.

Youtube will let us do live streaming for free which is handy, just needs to be embeded properly. Then it saves to an archive which could also serve as a way for people to find out about gmc via youtube. smile.gif

I'm always trying to think of ways we might reach new people and expand our wonderful community smile.gif

I love the radio player! It's great to hear GMC music when the site comes up!!

When we have completed the playlist for the community tracks, it should be fairly easy to parse (convert) it into a itunes/spotify friendly XML file.

I am certainly not against the idea but I do not believe it will give us any new listeners, I think it will be the GMC community (and possibly their friends) - and therefore I think the forum is best place for this. And getting us up elsewhere might be desirable but not a priority.

Given that even the biggest pop artists today need extensive marketing to sell music, I don't think we can market a website through music (alone).

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:27 AM