Hiya :)
goat
Jun 29 2007, 08:20 PM
GMC:er
Mason here, a 22 year old lad from Tampa Bay area in Florida who is brand new to the site and loving every minute of it!

I've been playing off and on for about 8 years, mostly acoustic stuff (usually to provide entertainment at keggers n' such tongue.gif) but very little of the music I really enjoy is acoustic, and in my heart I want to SHRED! Page, Jim Heath, Mark Knopfler, Cantrell, Dime, Hendrix, B.B. King, Vai, Iommi, the only thing better than being carried away by their awesome music would be riding at the helm of my own riffs and solos, melting the faces off of everyone within earshot so hard it'll leave their momma's ears ringing wink.gif

I stumbled across this site by complete accident, poked around, and signed up yesterday. Way less than the cost of a single lesson, and I've already learned SO much (private lessons at home, at 3am... I'm in heaven tongue.gif). I have some playing experience already but I want to make sure I do this right since I was entirely self taught, so I'm going through the beginner lessons before moving on. They're great, and I'm really looking forward to the more advanced stuff smile.gif looking forward to participating more in the forums too, everyone here seems real decent and helpful (and it'll help me get my guitar fix when I'm at work and can't play tongue.gif)

So yeah, hi smile.gif I'll be around, taking it all in. Kudos to everyone who makes this site what it is (instructors AND members), I haven't even been regged for 24 hours and this place is already a godsend.

Oh yeah, in case anyone's interested, I play an 81 Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe (yeah i know, 'budget LP' and all that, but the resonwood body gives it a unique tone and awesome sustain I love, and the beefy construction, weight, and fat neck are awesome for a tall lanky beanpole like me; I actually passed up an LP in favor of this guitar when I bought it, just felt so right when I was playing it) and a recently acquired BC Rich Virgo, when I feel frisky. I also have a nylon string Yamaha acoustic with a gorgeous spilled-beer-and-cigarette-burn finish smile.gif Got me a little beater Peavey practice amp too, going to go check the gear section for some tips on something with a little more oomph smile.gif later all!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jun 29 2007, 08:32 PM
Hi Mason, welcome to GMC! This is a great place to hang out and you'll find tons of help, great instructors and friendly GMC members. smile.gif Great to have you on-board.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 29 2007, 08:43 PM
Hi, Welcome. The GMC forum is the most friendly forum on the web, no doubt.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 29 2007, 08:46 PM
Instructor
Welcome Mason! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jun 29 2007, 09:23 PM
Welcome!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 29 2007, 09:55 PM
welcome! im glad you are joining us in this great guitar comunity!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 29 2007, 11:15 PM
Welcome Mason!

You've most certainly and accidentally stumbled upon the greatest thing for your guitar career biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 30 2007, 12:11 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome goat!

Strangely, teaching our members to "ride at the helm of their own riffs and solos, melting the faces off of everyone within earshot so hard it'll leave their momma's ears ringing" is exactly what we do best here at GMC wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 2 2007, 05:18 PM
GMC Founder
Very few accidents are good but this one certainly was! biggrin.gif

Welcome Mason! I am glad you stumbled your way - looking forward to hear more form you

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:45 PM