Announcement: Mtp Competition Results!, for real this time!
Chris Evans
Feb 5 2009, 03:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Its time to reveal the winners of the MTP competition that has been running for the last few weeks, during this period Andrew and I have quietly monitored each thread and after a very long telephone conversation we finally decided who would go through to be mentored by Muris!

We both agreed that this was probably the toughest judging decision on a competition that we`ve had to make, all of you have done an excellent job with your mentorees, however we had to choose 5 winners to go through and so I dont make you suffer any longer in no particular order here are the 5 winners!

Uncleskillet Lcsdds Tolek AJMurrell Velvet Roger

Congratulations guys, the awesome prize of being mentored by Muris awaits you!

(We will organise the start of your Instructor led MTP very soon!)

Two noteable mentions during this 4 week period go to Tolek and Uncleskillet:

Uncleskillet for refusing to give Skennington a pass on playing an Fmajor chord!

this could easily have been forgiven and glossed over, but making Skennington play it was for his own development, and I`m sure Skenny will appreciate it in the long run!!

there were of course lots of excellent videos that have been made for demonstrating various things, but Toleks 30 second video to explain wrist position to make chord changing easier really stood out, it was a simple, quick explanation to help point his mentoree in the right direction!

Just two small examples, but both of these really capture what the MTP is all about, simple guidance and direction to help get the most out of the mentorees practice schedule.

In the end, the deciding factor was whether we thought the Mentors gently led and allowed the student to develop at their own pace whilst providing structure, or on the other hand got a lot more involved and actively set the pace of the student, and pushed them along.

The first approach is what we want for the MTP, the second approach certainly has it's merits but is more suited to a teacher-pupil relationship which would be a lot harder to maintain when you are guiding as many as 5 students.

Now, we understand that with such a prize on offer you were all keen to show as much as you could, and you all gave great advice, but in the end we are looking for a specific approach from Mentors in the MTP and the winners were closest to that ideal!

To Fatbot, Enforcer, Coffeeman, wrk & Vaialation1232, we are sorry that you didnt make it through this time, everyone really did a great job!
If both parties agree then we encourage you to carry on mentoring your current mentorees, we will be running another MTP competition with the chance to be mentored by another GMC instructor very soon!

Carrying on (provided both mentor & mentoree agree of course) will gain you more experience and fine tune your mentoring skills and put you in a good position for next time smile.gif

Additional info, added 05/01/2009:
After a brief chat today Andrew and I have decided that the runner ups will all get a free pass to the second round in the next MTP competition, we felt their time and effort deserved some reward and this seems like the fairest thing to do.

A huge thank you for everyones efforts, none of your hardwork has gone un noticed and its been really interesting following all of the programs! smile.gif

Congratulations again to everyone!
smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Feb 5 2009, 09:51 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Smells   Announcement: Mtp Competition Results!   Feb 5 2009, 03:48 PM
- - Bondy   Well done guys! Especially Adam!!...   Feb 5 2009, 03:55 PM
- - coffeeman   Congratulations guys, I think everyone did an awes...   Feb 5 2009, 03:56 PM
- - OrganisedConfusion   I'm very sad that wrk didn't go through bu...   Feb 5 2009, 03:57 PM
- - Fran   Congrats guys!   Feb 5 2009, 04:06 PM
- - Mandos   Congratulations all of you. I've really enjoye...   Feb 5 2009, 04:09 PM
|- - Andrew Cockburn   I'd like to add to Smell's words - We bo...   Feb 5 2009, 04:28 PM
nnn
- - enforcer   Congratz guys, It is wonderful that I have been gi...   Feb 5 2009, 04:29 PM
|- - opeth.db   QUOTE (enforcer @ Feb 5 2009, 10:29 AM) C...   Feb 5 2009, 04:31 PM
nnn
- - fatb0t   Congratz guys, hopefully Muris won't beat ya u...   Feb 5 2009, 04:36 PM
- - Tolek   Seriously, I didnt´expect the results so fast now...   Feb 5 2009, 04:43 PM
- - Pedja Simovic   Wow great to see results of MTP already on ! ...   Feb 5 2009, 04:49 PM
|- - chast   QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 5 2009, 04:49 ...   Feb 5 2009, 05:05 PM
nnn
- - skennington   Congrat's guys, and big thank you to Jeff for ...   Feb 5 2009, 04:50 PM
- - David Wallimann   Congratulations to the winners!!!!   Feb 5 2009, 04:51 PM
- - jer   Congrats to all of you guys. Winners and... Well t...   Feb 5 2009, 04:59 PM
- - ErikEklund   Congratulations to the winners   Feb 5 2009, 05:12 PM
- - lcsdds   All I can say is thanks and I will do my best to l...   Feb 5 2009, 05:17 PM
- - Marek Rojewski   All the mentors rock! This program really is s...   Feb 5 2009, 05:25 PM
- - Ajmurrell   I feel honoured to have been selected to go to the...   Feb 5 2009, 05:31 PM
|- - Muris Varajic   My congrats to the winners but also to every singl...   Feb 5 2009, 10:22 PM
|- - Tolek   QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Feb 5 2009, 10:22 ...   Feb 5 2009, 10:25 PM
nnn
nnn
- - valentino   I'm very happy because my slow progress has no...   Feb 5 2009, 06:31 PM
|- - Tolek   QUOTE (valentino @ Feb 5 2009, 06:31 PM) ...   Feb 5 2009, 06:55 PM
nnn
- - Boson   AS someone who has monitored the MTP programme clo...   Feb 5 2009, 06:52 PM
- - Canis   Congratulations And the five of you that didn...   Feb 5 2009, 07:08 PM
- - Smells   Just to add in here, it was really tough, all had ...   Feb 5 2009, 07:13 PM
- - fatb0t   Care to inform us of what your strict formula was ...   Feb 5 2009, 07:25 PM
|- - Andrew Cockburn   E=MC^2 .... Actually, Smells gave you most of it ...   Feb 5 2009, 09:04 PM
nnn
- - wrk   Contratulation guys !! You all did a rea...   Feb 5 2009, 07:30 PM
- - big harry   Hey congrats also from my side and MANY MANY THX ...   Feb 5 2009, 07:54 PM
- - audiopaal   Congratulations guys, good work   Feb 5 2009, 11:18 PM
- - Praetorian   Congrats to all the winners...especially ROGER...   Feb 5 2009, 11:22 PM
- - UncleSkillet   There isn't really much more to say but ...   Feb 6 2009, 02:31 AM
- - Velvet Roger   Wow, being on a business trip, just checking the f...   Feb 6 2009, 06:23 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   Wow - this is big. Everybody involved in this have...   Feb 8 2009, 12:07 PM
- - jer   Are there details somewhere of how this program wi...   Feb 8 2009, 02:22 PM
- - Emir Hot   Great. Congratulations everybody. I was jumping in...   Feb 8 2009, 03:36 PM
- - Sensible Jones   Congratulations to everyone involved!!...   Feb 11 2009, 05:25 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:10 AM