Who Are The Very Famous Female Guitarist?
guitargod
Apr 9 2007, 08:26 AM
GMC:er
just finish my lunch so just spend some time on this forum,was thinking that we know of all the great guitarist like jimi,page,eric,slash,vai,many many of these are male,what about the females? who are the really famous female guitarist,non of which i heard of? does it goes to shows that the male dominates the guitar world..n how sexy would it be if u had a gf that was a famous guitarist?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gaelan
Apr 9 2007, 03:15 PM
well...

I don't know what style you're referring to but Off the top of my head I can think of a few female Guitarists

Lita Ford,
Bonnie Raitt
KT Tunstall
Nancy Wilson - Heart
Donita Sparks - L7
Joan Jett
Crissy Hynde

AND umm who ever this is LOL
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3671728188155490115

video has some interesting stuff.

As for how sexy or cool it would be to date a Guitar Goddess... heck I dunno.. what's a date? Only dates I have been on have been with my computer, my guitar, and GMC lately blink.gif

any other names come to mind anyone?

G.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
wanna save more money for gear?
Check out the site your cell phone company doesn't want you to see!
http://www.gaelansplace.info

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 9 2007, 04:43 PM
The Dark Canuck
This is an intersting question because there are tons of women who play guitar out there. I could add Melissa Etherbridge, Sheryl Crow, and Jewel to the above mentioned list just to name a few. A lot of female country artists play guitar as well.

But if your talking about famous riffs or solos (which most people would want to learn) performed by women I can't think of any right off the top of my head. It's true men dominate the guitar world but all the above mentioned women are fantastic guitar players and as a female who plays I look up to the Joan Jetts, Chrissie Hydes and Sheryl Crows because they are Rock Chicks and I respect that they are kickin it with the big boys.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2007, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Carina Alfie from Argentina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OWUDpdGfZ0...ted&search=

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 9 2007, 05:02 PM
Jennifer Batten played some cool stuff. Not sure if she's still active.

+Quote Post
Jeff
Apr 9 2007, 07:51 PM
There is a crazy chick named "The Great Kat" and she can shred her ass off. She's into goth and a lot of weird shit but she can hang with almost anyone.

www.greatkat.com

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
May 18 2007, 11:26 PM
the pritty one in the band subways (bassist, but bass is a kind of guitar)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:15 PM