Question About Floating Trem
derper
Jun 3 2012, 12:44 AM
Learning Tone Master
I blocked off the trem completely on my Parker Nitefly, but have recently been wondering if I should un-block. My biggest concern is, changing pitch inadvertantly with palm mutes, etc. Is that something you have to get used to/adapt your style for? If so, I may wait until I have more than 1 guitar for gigs.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2012, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Hey Gabe, you should be able to palm mute without affecting the pitch.. it just takes a little adjusting and being mindful of how much pressure you're putting on the strings. You can even slightly make the notes go sharp on a fixed bridge guitar too if you mute too heavily so it's not just a whammy thing smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
derper
Jun 3 2012, 06:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks so much Ben!! I really don't have much background using trem, but after reading so much/learning so much these last 6 months at GMC......why am I "limiting" myself, and my musical expression?

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 3 2012, 08:19 AM) *
Hey Gabe, you should be able to palm mute without affecting the pitch.. it just takes a little adjusting and being mindful of how much pressure you're putting on the strings. You can even slightly make the notes go sharp on a fixed bridge guitar too if you mute too heavily so it's not just a whammy thing smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2012, 07:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Jun 3 2012, 06:49 PM) *
Thanks so much Ben!! I really don't have much background using trem, but after reading so much/learning so much these last 6 months at GMC......why am I "limiting" myself, and my musical expression?

Definitely, use all assets at your disposal.. you'll find the way through touch and experimentation ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jun 3 2012, 07:12 PM) *
he was putting so much pressure on it, that he was actually doing exactly what the Doughnut Master described.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That made my day !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:48 PM