3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Splitting practice sessions up into…
Sunny
May 22 2014, 09:43 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 21 2014, 05:42 PM) *
That's a great list... are you talking about Sweden Hymn? I think that I've never heard it, do you have a link?

Oh, I live in Sweden at the moment, but I was born Croat (at the time Yugoslavia) where I went to school, so it's a yugoslav hymn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoIBnGGRLMY
If you follow the link you can read its description which gives some background about the composition.

The anthem starts with a major triad and it was played in school on every major event so it was really "burnt" into my memory which was very handy in music school where we had to recognise intervals and triads. laugh.gif

Speaking of hymns, swedish one also starts with major third, what a coincidence. smile.gif

For pure fifth I remember one more reference which was popular at the time due to a famous movie intro scene in which an ape, to the tune of Strauss's "Also sprach Zarathustra", discovers that (s)he can use a bone as a weapon and throws it triumphantly into the air. There you can also find an octave if you ever need to quickly and accurately pitch it. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sunny: May 22 2014, 09:46 AM

--------------------
Alhambra 3C, Ibanez S470, Boss ME-50, KORG MA-30, Marshall MG15CDR, MacBook Pro

Practice Journal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2014, 04:53 PM
Instructor
Nice hymn... but there is something curious... Argentinian Hymn also starts with a Major Third... Is this just a coincidence or most of the national hymns start with a Major 3th???

Around 13 years ago, I had a metal band called Damnation and we recorded a metal version of our Hymn. Check it out:

Are there rock / metal versions of your country's hymn?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 23 2014, 07:14 AM
Instructor
Very interesting biggrin.gif Our national anthem starts with a major 4th:

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:35 PM