Warrior Bushido Task 36
Ben Higgins
Oct 5 2012, 11:18 AM
Instructor
Brave disciples of the axe.. good day to you. To keep the icy winds from freeing up your hands I have uncovered a cheeky little number for you..

Task 36: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...gato-technique/

Ok ok.. it's legato. I know you hate legato. But this is easier than you think. Plus by doing this technique, you only actually haver to concentrate on the left hand. The right hand should take care of unwanted string noise so you can just concentrate on timing and fluidity.

And let's be honest.. if you nail it then you can show it off to the wife or girlfriend.... wink.gif That's all I'm sayin'.... ph34r.gif

Deadline is next Friday 12th October (I actually had to double check what month we were in just then..)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 7 2012, 01:55 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Neat legato trick... It does look a little harder then it really is. When I first saw the video I was like ohmy.gif

This lesson also revealed to me that my ring finger to pinky legato is not very strong or coordinated. I think I'm fine with any other finger combination but for that one. So I had to switch up the finger positions in a couple spots for now.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 5 2012, 10:18 AM) *
And let's be honest.. if you nail it then you can show it off to the wife or girlfriend.... wink.gif That's all I'm sayin'.... ph34r.gif

My wife walks by the room while I was doing this over hand technique. She starts asking me about shower curtain colors or something and I start playing the technique to see if she notices. She calls me "fancy pants" then walks away. Not sure if she was as impressed in this technique as I was. biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 7 2012, 02:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 7 2012, 01:55 AM) *
Neat legato trick... It does look a little harder then it really is. When I first saw the video I was like ohmy.gif

This lesson also revealed to me that my ring finger to pinky legato is not very strong or coordinated. I think I'm fine with any other finger combination but for that one. So I had to switch up the finger positions in a couple spots for now.

WOO ! That is some might fine playing sir ! biggrin.gif Great, smooth legato technique I'm seeing and hearing.

The ring and pinky combo does often give people probs.. but if you've developed a whole way of playing by using mainly your first 3 fingers in combo with each other rather than ring and pinky together then if it works, there's no reason to change it:)

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 7 2012, 01:55 AM) *
My wife walks by the room while I was doing this over hand technique. She starts asking me about shower curtain colors or something and I start playing the technique to see if she notices. She calls me "fancy pants" then walks away. Not sure if she was as impressed in this technique as I was. biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

Oh. What is it about our rock star fantasies that can be so easily quashed by an offhand remark about the washing up or the fact our trousers are dirty and need cleaning ?

God bless our women, you gotta love 'em ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 7 2012, 05:07 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 7 2012, 01:44 PM) *
WOO ! That is some might fine playing sir ! biggrin.gif Great, smooth legato technique I'm seeing and hearing.

The ring and pinky combo does often give people probs.. but if you've developed a whole way of playing by using mainly your first 3 fingers in combo with each other rather than ring and pinky together then if it works, there's no reason to change it:)

Thanks man! Yeah, I guess I don't need to change it here. Perhaps I'll need to get better at it for other types of playing.

Oh. What is it about our rock star fantasies that can be so easily quashed by an offhand remark about the washing up or the fact our trousers are dirty and need cleaning ?

God bless our women, you gotta love 'em ! biggrin.gif

hehe, very true! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:30 AM