My Introduction, New member intro
Ricky9
Feb 21 2014, 06:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello everyone am honored of been part of this great community. A little about myself, My name is Ricardo, born and raise in Puerto Rico. Started playing guitar back in 1993 while in high school and fell in love with it the moment i put the guitar in my lap. I became obsessed with it so started buying books and videos and practicing a lot, My first experience as a musician was at my local church where i had the chance to really learn from great group guitar players from there. Later join my first band from another church where i had the opportunity to be lead guitar and start to introduce myself to scales and melodies.A few years later i join the military, So now i did not have the time to practice as much as i liked. While station in Italy i met some military guys that had a heavy metal band, they offered me to play with then so i did. While in the band i had an accident that almost cost me my right hand index finger, in the mist of the event i still manage to keep playing with the band, then the guys started to make fun of me and started to call me " Ricky nine fingers". So there you have it the origin of my nickname "Ricky9". Back in 2010 i finally retire from the military so now am trying to pick up where i left off, in the view that i have more time now to practice. I stumble across this website from watching a video on Youtube from all you guys playing a collaboration, on that moment i was astonish with the brutal talent you guys posses. I now i will learn a lot from you guys here and hope to be able to become part of this great family. Thanks for the wonderful opportunity to be here and God bless you all.

My equipment:

My guitars 1993 Ibanez FGM series (Frank Gambale series) ,1993 Fender Stratocaster ultra with fender lace sensors, Classical acoustic guitar with nylon strings and Ibanez acoustic with steel strings.

My amps 1993 Peavy stereo chorus 212 combo amp modded with a B52 4x12 cab and a Peavy transtube special 212.( i use this because they are very transparent for the multieffect pedals giving me awesome live sound)

My effects Boss gt 10 and Roland Gr 55 and a behringer tube amp modeler pedal.( Gt 10 plug trough usb straight into laptop for recordings)

My software that i use for recording is Magix music maker 2014 and audacity.( Asus g73 laptop)

Here is also my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5nkr7ecQD7edkH-drBnmg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 09:00 PM