Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive For 600 Dollars?
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2023, 08:53 AM
GMC:er
You may have heard about the internet blowing up over JHS making a video about the Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive and showing how it was just about as good as the KLON and wads of other pricey overdrives. As a result, people are trying to charge upwards of $600 for these cheap digitech pedals that have been out of production for quite some time.

To make it worse, wads of folks have taken to social media to blame JHS pedals and say that its' all his fault for making these types of comparison videos in the first place.

Here is the video in question.

Of course, asking ain't getting and people are only paying a couple hundred bucks in reality.

Attached Image

Here is an article on guitar world about this entire drama.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/digitech-b...XaeCa1B70UJFAao

What do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 17 2023, 08:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 17 2023, 08:56 AM
GMC Founder
Very interesting, hopefully they will start producing it again!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2023, 08:59 AM
Doubtful. I don't think there is much chance of seeing it in production again to be honest. It's just seeing a bump in interest due to this JHS video. It will fade back into obscurity pretty quickly I'm guessing and these will get cheap again.

It's great for anyone who has one they'd like to sell! They are going for a couple hundred bux currently!

Here is a link to the current offering of digitech OD pedals. I'm amazed they still make this many smile.gif
https://digitech.com/pt/distortion-overdrive/

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 17 2023, 03:56 AM) *
Very interesting, hopefully they will start producing it again!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 17 2023, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 18 2023, 05:34 PM
I have one on my board and that's exactly where it's staying! I've always liked it, also the Screaming Blues is great in combination with it!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 20 2023, 09:33 AM
Learning Roadie
For years it was recommended over at TGP as a cheap tube screamer with added control. Phil X was also a big fan too

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Apr 6 2023, 09:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
I have one too.
I bought it back in the 00s.
Very good pedal indeed, and back then I think it cost around 40 euros new.
Digitech was THE brand to have back then hehe

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2023, 03:09 AM
After that JHS vid, they are now worth a couple hundred bux and climbing smile.gif Folks are asking upwards of 600 bux each!! Just goes to show what one video from an "influencer" can do to product prices. I blame myself and a few others for wrecking the prices of cheap rack gear like the vintage ART stuff which was considered utter trash until a few years ago when myself and a few other youtube guys started doing retro gear vids and them bam, this stuff doubles/triples in value.

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Apr 6 2023, 04:48 AM) *
I have one too.
I bought it back in the 00s.
Very good pedal indeed, and back then I think it cost around 40 euros new.
Digitech was THE brand to have back then hehe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:27 PM