3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Andy Mckee, All of the Andy topics combined together.
Robin
Sep 18 2007, 07:11 AM
GMC:er
I love that guy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Understudy
Sep 18 2007, 07:17 AM
Music should evoke an emotion of some kind, this guy lets you into his soul with every note he plays !! WOW what a talent and a complete pleasure to listen to. Thank you for posting this, I am ordering his albums tonight smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 18 2007, 07:38 AM
Hey All ! smile.gif Glad you like him , you know I just think its really easy listening thats why I posted it. The song Rylynn was actually about a little girl who was friends with andy's family that unexpectedly died. Her name, Rylynn.

The Uncreator posted some awesome links , I advise you to check them out ! biggrin.gif
Heres another good song by Andy http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bKtadARBiYY&...ted&search=

And on the other neck of the woods heres a pretty emotional song by Satch http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HXtc1InfQVA&...ted&search=

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 18 2007, 08:05 AM
While we're at it:

Johnny Winter - Stranger Blues
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/538532/johnn...r_in_this_town/

Ohhh, that song is so beautiful, and I LOVE Johnny Winter's playing and tone.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 18 2007, 08:50 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I dont mean to brag or anything, but im going to an Andy Mckee show on the 21st of october smile.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 18 2007, 10:52 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 17 2007, 11:50 PM) *
I dont mean to brag or anything, but im going to an Andy Mckee show on the 21st of october smile.gif

I dont mean to be rude but , YOU SUCK smile.gif wink.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Hungus
Sep 18 2007, 03:03 PM
Good stuff, I have really been looking for some good acoustic stuff for awhile.

Sorta off topic but does anyone know of any artists that stuff similar to Opeths mellow interludes?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Sep 18 2007, 03:27 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 17 2007, 09:56 PM) *
When you see something like this you truely relize how beautiful music is and you learn to appreciate it . Whether your a shredder, blues master, rocker , metal man , country boy , acoustic wizard, I think we all can learn to love music like this.

Peace Out smile.gif

Hey man, thanks for pointing this out. I've never heard of him until now, and I love it! I just have to get his albums now cool.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Sep 18 2007, 05:28 PM
His new album just came out, as well as a DVD featuring Andy and Antoine DuFour. You can find them at candyrat.com.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 18 2007, 07:04 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 18 2007, 05:52 AM) *
I dont mean to be rude but , YOU SUCK smile.gif wink.gif

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 19 2007, 06:16 AM
beautiful man!!! thanks for sharing!!!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Sep 20 2007, 10:10 AM
Brand new video of a track off Andy's new album...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSnWhsmlGec

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 20 2007, 10:36 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 18 2007, 02:05 AM) *
While we're at it:

Johnny Winter - Stranger Blues
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/538532/johnn...r_in_this_town/

Ohhh, that song is so beautiful, and I LOVE Johnny Winter's playing and tone.

Pretty hypnotic, I mean in a good way. Kind of put me in a bit of a trance. Sounded like he was using a wah at first, but I don't think I saw one. Was he using a phase shifter, or something like that, or does he just play like that. Really sort of floats I think, can sting, but still always floating.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 20 2007, 11:41 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 17 2007, 07:56 PM) *
When you see something like this you truely relize how beautiful music is and you learn to appreciate it . Whether your a shredder, blues master, rocker , metal man , country boy , acoustic wizard, I think we all can learn to love music like this.

Peace Out smile.gif

he's great. i had my metronome on. I listened to about half his song and you know, he sounded good against the metronome. then I changed the rate of the metronome and you know, he still sounded good against the metronome. it is a basic beat, bass snare bass snare. but his playing sounds good against the metronome, no matter what tempo I set it at. or at least that was how I felt.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Sep 20 2007, 11:43 AM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 20 2007, 06:11 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Beautiful ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 21 2007, 03:14 AM
No better words for it

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 21 2007, 03:31 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 20 2007, 09:36 AM) *
Pretty hypnotic, I mean in a good way. Kind of put me in a bit of a trance. Sounded like he was using a wah at first, but I don't think I saw one. Was he using a phase shifter, or something like that, or does he just play like that. Really sort of floats I think, can sting, but still always floating.

Yeah, phaser or flanger or something.

I think the studio version is alot better though, he sings and plays so extremely good on the studio version.
The sound is also excellent.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 21 2007, 04:31 AM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Sep 20 2007, 01:10 AM) *
Brand new video of a track off Andy's new album...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSnWhsmlGec

I love that song aswell. I found it on youtube a couple days ago . Thanks for posting smile.gif

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
misterj
Sep 22 2007, 12:25 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 21 2007, 03:31 AM) *
Yeah, phaser or flanger or something.

actually, i'm pretty sure thats a uni-vibe. i get tones just like that with mine.

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Sep 26 2007, 09:06 AM
Yet another new McKee song..."Nakagawa-san".

I assume it's about Japanese fingerstyle guitarist Isato Nakagawa:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NscbfnlVid8

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 03:39 PM