2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Mastering, Mastering
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 25 2009, 10:31 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Fingerspasm @ Sep 25 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Thats some pretty serious equipment. I will keep adding to mine as I learn more. I have been reading various magazines and checking out stuff in some....

Might try that with one of these songs I am working on. Will have to look into the cost.

I have considered taking some type of online course on mixing and mastering.

Not meant to knock (and sorry if it sounded like that) what you have or are doing and trying to achieve is fine. We all start some where and tbh what you have is a good start and better then when I started smile.gif.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Sep 25 2009, 10:42 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 25 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Not meant to knock (and sorry if it sounded like that) what you have or are doing and trying to achieve is fine. We all start some where and tbh what you have is a good start and better then when I started smile.gif.

Not at all. I am glad that you took the time to make the post and to talk about your equipment and some of your experiences. I have learned in my 42 years to listen to those that have experience. It does not mean that you follow them blindly but you must listen and learn I would like to hear more anytime. smile.gif
On another note. I was down in the reading room and I opened up my new REC Magazine and the first article I read was titled What is this thing called Mastering? It then when on to talk about many of the things we covered today. I thought about Scanning the article and posting it. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 26 2009, 05:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 25 2009, 07:42 PM) *
if you can try and attend the mastering session for two reasons:

1 - gives you a first had chance to see what is done and to ask questions.

2 - also gives you a chance to see 'high end' mastering equipment. Mastering equipment, in my experience, is pretty hard to come across and demo so if you can get to see lots of mastering grade stuff all at once wink.gif biggrin.gif.

Yes this is very true. It is one thing trying to poke certain settings at home, but if you don't have any contact with real mastering grade gear it can be impossible to try to emulate the process with software plugs or low cost outboard gear.
So the more time you spend seeing how the ME works and go through all the real pro mastering studio gear, you can then use that knowledge to effectively emulate the mastering process at home. The results will be poor considering the fact only plugs are used, but it will still sound ok for demo projects or semi pro use - the kinda thing you can do with home studio.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 02:15 PM