Record With A Webcam
superize
Dec 6 2007, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
i have just bought a webcam hoping to do some recording with it but i cant get a good picture(and then i mean that the picture is really terrible).i was just wondering if it is because of the webcam or is it possible to just change the settings to gert a better picture.

i have not found anything yet that makes the picture better and i really think that the picture shoulb be better because when i bought it it said that it had super quality picture.

I am wery thankfull for any answers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Dec 6 2007, 10:31 PM
GMC:er

See that yellow part ^^, try adjust it while camera is on to get the best focus for whatever distance you are away from webcam.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 6 2007, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Dec 6 2007, 10:31 PM) *

See that yellow part ^^, try adjust it while camera is on to get the best focus for whatever distance you are away from webcam.

Thanks hemlock that worked well

But now i just have to figured out how to get some sound out of it

This post has been edited by superize: Dec 6 2007, 10:43 PM

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 6 2007, 11:45 PM
Instructor
Does the webcam has a microphone? If doesent you have to record with some kind of mic. You plug in the mic in you mic in on your sound card and set the audio source as mic in in your recording\capturing sofware.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 6 2007, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 6 2007, 11:45 PM) *
Does the webcam has a microphone? If doesent you have to record with some kind of mic. You plug in the mic in you mic in on your sound card and set the audio source as mic in in your recording\capturing sofware.

The webcam has i mice but the only sound i havegot is a clicking sound but i will keep trying tomorrow

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 7 2007, 12:32 AM
Instructor
Insatll proper drivers for your webcam. It should report itseld as an audio capturing device also. If you have a cable atached to the webcam plug it in to you sound card.

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 7 2007, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 7 2007, 12:32 AM) *
Insatll proper drivers for your webcam. It should report itseld as an audio capturing device also. If you have a cable atached to the webcam plug it in to you sound card.

i think that something is wrong with my soundcard because i have installed all drivers to the webcam and have almost tried everything else

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 7 2007, 12:22 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Try plugging a seperate mic into your sound card to make sure that works, may be the cam?

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 7 2007, 04:13 PM
Instructor
When I recorded something a few years back with my webcam, I had plugged my V-amp (a guitar preamp) to my soundcards line in input, and the webcam automatically recorded the line in sound signal to the video. If you have some kind of a guitar preamp, like the v-amp or a line6 pod, you could try that.

-Toni

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 7 2007, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Dec 7 2007, 04:13 PM) *
When I recorded something a few years back with my webcam, I had plugged my V-amp (a guitar preamp) to my soundcards line in input, and the webcam automatically recorded the line in sound signal to the video. If you have some kind of a guitar preamp, like the v-amp or a line6 pod, you could try that.

-Toni

sorry but i dont have anything like that

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 7 2007, 04:17 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Dec 7 2007, 03:13 PM) *

-Toni

Yes Toni, good point, I used the window movie maker program with my webcam, I didnt realise that it would pick up from my line in at the same time, it actually worked really well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 7 2007, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Webcam has a very small frame-rate so you can't get decent quality especially for playing - you will always see that it skips parts of video and makes your hand look like it's slowed down. You can't expect a good recording device from webcam.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 7 2007, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
after a while of testing and mixing i have com to conclutions to my sound card is [jolly well trashed] up. i was able to make some sound from my webcamera using windows sound recorder but t do that i couldnt have my speaker atatched to my soundcard so its pretty [jolly well trashed] up

Edited for language - Andrew

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 7 2007, 04:45 PM
A colourful way to say its "broken" then? huh.gif

laugh.gif Andrew "Jolly well trashed up" laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 7 2007, 10:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 7 2007, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 7 2007, 04:45 PM) *
A colourful way to say its "broken" then? huh.gif

well it dosent work as it is supposed to

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 7 2007, 05:44 PM
Instructor
Tru to install proper drivers for your sound card. And Pavel is right btw, with a webcam you can`t get any deacent picture. Try a digital camera hooked up over usb for some results if you have one. THere are numerous digital cameras today with cam option. If not, try to buy a tvtuner+used analog camera. THat is a cheap and a good solution! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 7 2007, 09:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 7 2007, 06:44 PM) *
Tru to install proper drivers for your sound card. And Pavel is right btw, with a webcam you can`t get any deacent picture. Try a digital camera hooked up over usb for some results if you have one. THere are numerous digital cameras today with cam option. If not, try to buy a tvtuner+used analog camera. THat is a cheap and a good solution! smile.gif

He's right, you can get a decent picture with many low-budget digital cameras these days smile.gif

This post has been edited by Toni Suominen: Dec 7 2007, 09:58 PM

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:06 AM