A new old guy..., Introduction
mordred
Jan 25 2007, 07:09 AM
GMC:er
Hello GMCers!

I'm 41 and haven't played in about 15 years. My fingers are weak and totally non-compliant, but what got me to sign on here is thath Kris' lessons have started turning that around and he teaches stuff that works!

I'm into Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Classical and Celtic music and play a Jackson DXMG Dinky (Super-Sweet, even for a low end model!). I have a Line 6 Spider II that stays on the Insane setting.

Just thought I'd say hi.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Ward the Impaler
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wunaGod's
Jan 25 2007, 11:11 AM
Hey mordred -- welcome from the even older guy!

Good taste in music! And the Jackson Dinky is one nice looking guitar. Nearly bought one off eBay this past summer. Instead I bought a much cheaper (in all respects) instrument -- mostly cuz it came with a Floyd Rose w-bar. It's okay for practice, but can't hold tune worth crap.

I also have an Ibanez AM73 tobacco -- amazing playability, I think, considering it was set up perfectly right outta the box. In fact, I believe I had it for about a year before I got it set up by a local tech.

About that age thing: just keep telling yourself 40 is the new 20...

Cheers!
wunaGod's

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mordred
Jan 25 2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the howdy.

If you're a Saints fan, don't hold a grudge 'cause I'm from Chicago.

The Dinky's actually pretty great. EMG pickups (passive so no batteries) that really crank. With the Line 6 a distortion pedal is totally unnecessary. It's blistering for a practice amp. The Dinky's got a Floyd Rose licenced trem on it, but I'm still too cold to use it. I always considered myself doomed to playing only rhythm until I worked out on this site for a couple of days. I'm discovering muscles in my hands and arms that I never knew were there before. My poor smashed pinky's even working better.

Ward the Impaler

--------------------

Ward the Impaler

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 25 2007, 01:25 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (mordred @ Jan 25 2007, 07:09 AM) *
I'm into Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Classical and Celtic music and play a Jackson DXMG Dinky (Super-Sweet, even for a low end model!). I have a Line 6 Spider II that stays on the Insane setting.

Just thought I'd say hi.

Hi!

I need a DXMG too... or a DK2M... or both! I was close to buying the DK2M but chose an Ibanez instead, the Jacksons are a bit "meaner" though (which, of course, is a good thing)

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 25 2007, 05:51 PM
Welcome mate!

Age doesn't make a difference when it comes to music. Unless you are 12 and tries to sing in which case you most of the time sound like a nudered cat trapped between a truck and a brickwall.

Never heard any celtic music but the name sounded cool biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 25 2007, 01:25 PM) *
Hi!

I need a DXMG too... or a DK2M... or both! I was close to buying the DK2M but chose an Ibanez instead, the Jacksons are a bit "meaner" though (which, of course, is a good thing)

I wanted to buy a Jackson Warrior MG. Unfortunatly, the EU is a bunch of pissrats and they discontinued it because it contained some quicksilver in the ..uh.. hardware-putting-together-thingie (lödning on swedish). So it wont be arriving in sweden untill 2-3 months from here and I just couldnt wait that long rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 25 2007, 06:09 PM
QUOTE (Steelkonsum @ Jan 25 2007, 05:51 PM) *
I wanted to buy a Jackson Warrior MG. Unfortunatly, the EU is a bunch of pissrats and they discontinued it because it contained some quicksilver in the ..uh.. hardware-putting-together-thingie (lödning on swedish). So it wont be arriving in sweden untill 2-3 months from here and I just couldnt wait that long rolleyes.gif

I've stopped buying music stuff in Sweden, it's too expensive. Here is where I get my things.. and they have the quicksilver warrior in stock too...
WRMG
6300 SEK in Germany, 7739 SEK at Musikborsen, that's 18% off.
And the shipping is 15 Euro no matter how much you order so it's 16%. And they deliver to your door step.

When I got my amp head I ordered it from there and saved 23%, a litte more than that actually since I went on my knees and begged them for a discount, which I got. And I dodn't have to carry it (my avatar, amp head + cabinet) from the postal office. They say one should play a tube amp before buying it but for that money saved I was willing to risc that... I'm a cheap dude biggrin.gif And I don't think I'd hear any difference even if I tried a dozen.

SORRY mordred for hi-jacking your thread. Hope it's ok since we're discussing your brand of guitar smile.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jan 27 2009, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Jan 27 2007, 06:06 AM
My buddy just bought a Jackson DTMG I think, loaded with a Zakk Wylde EMG set and got a pro set up so the action is ridiculously low. It's freeking awesome! I want one now. sad.gif

Micke, have you tried www.thomann.de ? Cheap site, cheap delivery.

This post has been edited by Zee Deveel: Jan 27 2007, 06:07 AM

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 27 2007, 06:29 AM
QUOTE (Zee Deveel @ Jan 27 2007, 06:06 AM) *
My buddy just bought a Jackson DTMG I think, loaded with a Zakk Wylde EMG set and got a pro set up so the action is ridiculously low. It's freeking awesome! I want one now. sad.gif

Micke, have you tried www.thomann.de ? Cheap site, cheap delivery.

Oooh cool... I could use a DTMG too biggrin.gif

No I never shopped from thomann.de. Looks like they got almost the same prices as musicstore.de
And the same 15 E shipping cost too. Great! I will keep them in mind next time I order something and compare the prices between the two.

+Quote Post
mordred
Jan 27 2007, 10:31 AM
If you get a chance to get one, I'd recommend it. I got mine at a deal. The guys at my local Guitar Center were great. I was looking for a JS 30 but got better pick-ups at a lower price. It's like it was meant to be.

--------------------

Ward the Impaler

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:30 PM