New Member In The House!
SixStringSamurai
May 29 2013, 08:33 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys!

Hmmmm... it's always a bit of a struggle for me to word an introduction, haha. Here goes.

I'd been vaguely aware of GMC for awhile now - I've stumbled on the videos now and again on the net, but to be honest I've been in a bit of a rut in terms of learning new stuff. However, a few weeks ago I got a really cool email from one of the guys here at GMC (I'm not sure what his forum handle is) inviting me to join your community... how could I say no?? I already love talking about gear all day long, and the chance to make some new friends, and maybe even learn some new licks along the way - just a no brainer!

Okay so maybe you're scratching your head a little right now - why was this random guy asked to join the community?

The simple answer is, I have chronic GAS - and sometimes that's good!

I've been playing guitar for just about a decade now, and in that time (let me check the logs...) I've owned more than 100 guitars... ohmy.gif It started off as me flipping guitars for a profit back when I was a poor student, but it soon became a great way for me to experience a wide range of guitars that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

I still do this now that I'm older and have a job and all that stuff, but on a much reduced scale, haha... and just over a year ago, I figured, why not help other guitarists get some value from all the guitars that I've had?

And thus, Six-String Samurai was born.

I've always liked writing, and so I started a website! It initially took the form of just another blog, but quickly evolved into something a bit more polished looking, with a couple of regular(ish) contributors.

What I got tired of seeing was either extremely widdly, shreddy demos where you can't tell the tone of the instrument/pedal/amp if you were hit in the face with it, or write-ups that were very obviously paid product placement. And so I decided to write my own - humorous, conversational, but with good quality sound clips that weren't showy, but did the job of conveying the message to the reader. Kinda like Cracked.com for guitarists, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, enough rambling!! Here are a few choice posts from our site, many of which have been picked up and shared by their manufacturers through their official FB pages and the like, which is a huge honour for a tiny site like ours.

Mad Professor Golden Cello
65 Amps London Pro
Soldano SLO100 vs POD HD500!
My EVH-inspired Frankenstrat project

Hope you guys like it!! There's heaps more on the site itself, so feel free to have a browse.

I'm looking forward to being part of your community here - I'll see you guys on the forums!!

biggrin.gif

PS - I'm also keen on photography.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:53 AM