Shaping Tone And Learning New Gear
dcz702
Apr 26 2015, 11:53 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
hey guys.
so as you know i got a sweet deal on a ibby, and found the time to give it a good set up for drop c.
ive also been back and forth on what kind of effects and amp modeling unit to buy, decided to get a line6 pod hd500x, its pretty dang good and im very happy with it.
ive strated on several lessons with drop c tuning, and been using those lesons to also learn my way around how to shape my tone using the line6, i listen make a tweak, record make a tweak, then do that over and over while i save each time.
i was leaning twords a eleven rack or pro x both rack units cause they seemd more convient on the desktop, and the 500x you would have to lean down to the floor, but when i found out there is destop software to controll all settings i was sold!
one of the pics is a sceenshot of the controll window. of course all can be controlled on the unit very easily but no need when its connected usb.

im learning how to use the EQ, i dont know what HP FREQ, HP Q, LP FREQ mean, i just start turning till it sounds good.
i used gabes in flames lesson to see how easily i could dial in a good tone close to his but my own sound thats sounds good to me, check it out if you would, would be cool to start a discussion on this.
https://soundcloud.com/rockmusic-915/in-flames-lesson-by-gabriel-leopardi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2015, 12:10 AM
GMC:er
NICE!!! Sounds good smile.gif

LP FREQ is Low Pass Frequency. "Low Pass" means it lets the low/deeb/bass sounds pass by /through. So you set the spot where the EQ acts like a breakwater of sorts for sound.

Human hearing is roughly 20hz (20 cycles per second, very low bass) to about 20khz (20,000 cycles per second).

You can set your Low Pass somewhere around 120hz to "tighten up": your sound. Once you set the Low pass freq, you can set the "Q" which is basically the focus nob. Turn it to the left, and you get a bell curve which impacts other frequencies/sounds around your selected point of 120hz. If you turn it to the right, it looks like a spike and instead of a curve and has much less impact on the frequencies around 120hz.

Make sense? 2 Minute Tutorial on EQ!!!!

Here is a great vid on EQ and Guitar!!

Tony Miro will probably do it better smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 27 2015, 12:12 AM

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 27 2015, 12:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 26 2015, 11:10 PM) *
NICE!!! Sounds good smile.gif

LP FREQ is Low Pass Frequency. "Low Pass" means it lets the low/deeb/bass sounds pass by /through. So you set the spot where the EQ acts like a breakwater of sorts for sound.

Human hearing is roughly 20hz (20 cycles per second, very low bass) to about 20khz (20,000 cycles per second).

You can set your Low Pass somewhere around 120hz to "tighten up": your sound. Once you set the Low pass freq, you can set the "Q" which is basically the focus nob. Turn it to the left, and you get a bell curve which impacts other frequencies/sounds around your selected point of 120hz. If you turn it to the right, it looks like a spike and instead of a curve and has much less impact on the frequencies around 120hz.

Make sense? 2 Minute Tutorial on EQ!!!!

Here is a great vid on EQ and Guitar!!

Tony Miro will probably do it better smile.gif

Thanks Todd
Yes it makes sense, I'll watch and learn from this video, messing with the eq I could tell what sounds good. I didn't know there was a order to eq'ing, but now that you mention it, it does make sense. To bad I gotta work tonight, I'd way rather be playing guitar.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 28 2015, 01:45 AM
GMC:er
Happy to help smile.gif Give it a try and let us know! smile.gif

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Apr 26 2015, 07:28 PM) *
Thanks Todd
Yes it makes sense, I'll watch and learn from this video, messing with the eq I could tell what sounds good. I didn't know there was a order to eq'ing, but now that you mention it, it does make sense. To bad I gotta work tonight, I'd way rather be playing guitar.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:14 AM