No More Walkin Easy Street, My First Recording
teleman
Jul 8 2007, 01:44 AM
GMC:er
Hello out there! I started learning guitar 5 months ago and thought I'd make my first recording for fun. Been a GMC member for a few weeks and have gleaned alot. The track is inspired by Gabriel Leopardi's blues lessons. I took some of the licks and slowed them down to more my current tempo. I recorded using a telecaster (standard with Fender SNC pickups)> Zoom g2.1u floor effect>laptop. It's short and not perfect of course, but I like the tune. Hope you like...No More Walkin Easy Street cool.gif (Of course any feedback is appreciated.)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by teleman: Jul 8 2007, 03:29 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  No_More_Walkin_Easy_Street.mp3 ( 3.3MB ) Number of downloads: 434

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 8 2007, 01:55 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (teleman @ Jul 7 2007, 08:44 PM) *
Hello out there! I started learning guitar 5 months ago and thought I'd make my first recording for fun. Been a GMC member for a few weeks and have gleaned alot. The track is inspired by Gabriel Leopardi's blues lessons. I took some of the licks and slowed them down to more my current tempo. I recorded using a telecaster (standard with Fender SNC pickups)> Zoom g2.1u floor effect>laptop. It's short and not perfect of course, but I like the tune. Hope you like...No More Walking Easy Street cool.gif (Of course any feedback is appreciated.)

Very nice - I can hear Gabriels influence in there. Very clean recording too - what software did you use?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 8 2007, 02:03 AM
Sounds good teleman, the sound quality is terrific! i just woke up and im half asleep still. But that was something nice to wake up to smile.gif now i feel like listening to some more blues.

hold on a better idea... i should play some blues instead. smile.gif

- Hemlok

--------------------

+Quote Post
teleman
Jul 8 2007, 02:04 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 8 2007, 01:55 AM) *
Very nice - I can hear Gabriels influence in there. Very clean recording too - what software did you use?

Thanks for the complement. I used the Cubase LE software that came with the Zoom. I really like the Zoom...you can tweak the sound to your hearts content. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sb81
Jul 8 2007, 02:09 AM
Nice, such an awesome tone, I love the soft warm blues tone!

+Quote Post
teleman
Jul 8 2007, 02:09 AM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 8 2007, 02:03 AM) *
Sounds good teleman, the sound quality is terrific! i just woke up and im half asleep still. But that was something nice to wake up to smile.gif now i feel like listening to some more blues.

hold on a better idea... i should play some blues instead. smile.gif

- Hemlok

Thanks very much Hemlock. Yea, I've decided in my budding days as a guitarist to focus on the blues. Besides being fun to play and sounding great, I love the expression that can be stuffed into a single note cool.gif

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 8 2007, 02:14 AM
Definately fun to play smile.gif

Also since i didnt ask before, what do you use to record? Mic? Cable?

- Hemlok

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 8 2007, 02:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
teleman
Jul 8 2007, 02:17 AM
QUOTE (sb81 @ Jul 8 2007, 02:09 AM) *
Nice, such an awesome tone, I love the soft warm blues tone!

Thanks sb81! I put Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups (SCN) into my MIM tele and have been amazed at the tone difference from the stock pickups. And a real plus (that I think adds to the tone in recording) is there is absolutely no 60 cycle hum. I'm planning on copper shielding the pickguard in a few days which should even make it more quiet. Just the notes...that's what I like cool.gif

QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 8 2007, 02:14 AM) *
Definately fun to play smile.gif

Also since i didnt ask before, what do you use to record? Mic? Cable?

- Hemlok

I went straight from the Zoom g2.1u floor effect to the laptop computer (via usb cable).

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 8 2007, 02:20 AM
Oh alright, i wonder if my BOSS GT-6 can do that. I will have to find out, i left it at my old house, which was silly. Otherwise i will have to find a better recording device. Thanks

- Hemlok

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 8 2007, 02:44 AM
This is very, very good for only 5 months of playing!

I REALLY love the sound quality.

+Quote Post
teleman
Jul 8 2007, 04:29 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 8 2007, 02:44 AM) *
This is very, very good for only 5 months of playing!

I REALLY love the sound quality.

Thanks very much Robin smile.gif

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 8 2007, 04:31 AM
Yeah, that is great for only 5 months.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 8 2007, 04:49 AM
Learning Roadie
Really good! Telecaster players unite!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
teleman
Jul 8 2007, 05:41 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Jul 8 2007, 04:31 AM) *
Yeah, that is great for only 5 months.

Thanks Slash. I kept it very basic so there was less chance for a mistake (80bpm, Am-Dm7-Em7 progression [Ebm7 as passing chord] with blues scale on top). Practicing Gabriel's blues lessons has helped alot. wink.gif

QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 8 2007, 04:49 AM) *
Really good! Telecaster players unite!

Yea, I love my Tele biggrin.gif ! First guitar I bought was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, which I really like, but when I got the Telecaster about a month ago I fell in love with it. It's hard to put down...which is a good thing! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 8 2007, 11:43 AM
Nice job!

I have a tele and a zoom g2 also, I find that it's rather good for cleans but once you try to distort it, it all turns sour, for distortion I prefer my Flextone.

But yeah, I'm liking it, miles better than I was at 5 months.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
teleman
Jul 8 2007, 03:24 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 8 2007, 11:43 AM) *
Nice job!

I have a tele and a zoom g2 also, I find that it's rather good for cleans but once you try to distort it, it all turns sour, for distortion I prefer my Flextone.

But yeah, I'm liking it, miles better than I was at 5 months.

Thanks Owen. I haven't messed with the distortions on the Zoom much, probably because I didn't like the canned patched models on it initially (probably could get something good if I spent some time tweaking it). With the extra EQ, nice reverbs, nice effects it makes some sweet cleans. I have a Roland Cube 30x that does a nice job with distortion. I'm really wanting to get my hands on a Fender Blues Jr. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 8 2007, 07:21 PM
VERY good! Especially for 5 months of playing! Good Job!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
atomix1337
Jul 9 2007, 05:47 AM
I agree with these guys, SWEET glassy tone on your rhythm chords, and the warm lead sounds smile.gif.

Love the feel to it man, keep it up!

--------------------
Gear: Ibanez VBT700BK, Ibanez RG270 Custom Painted (JB/Jazz pups), Strat Knockoff, Marshall V8080, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss MT-2, Boss CH-1 Chorus, Korg AX1G MultiFX.

+Quote Post
Scoob
Jul 9 2007, 11:18 PM
Sweet tone,

Nice job. I can imagine myself having a drink in a bar and you playing in the background wearing some black sun glasses.

There are a lot of people that like to go like hell. That was a good example how faster is not aways better.

Well done

Scoob

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG

+Quote Post
teleman
Jul 10 2007, 04:59 AM
Thanks Guitarman, Atomix, and Scoob! biggrin.gif I'm glad you guys liked the tune, and it spurs me on to learn some more licks and produce another! I played so much over the weekend that I developed a little pain in my fret hand, so I'm taking it easy. Taking the opportunity to do some brain work...MUSIC THEORY...and listening to "Little Wing"... both Jimi's and Stevie's for inspiration. cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 10:48 AM