> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Quantum's Guitar Leap
Quantum
Mar 28 2013, 01:07 PM
GMC:er
I absolutely love it!

It's new to my fingers but it sounds great and I believe it's a very useful skill to develope.
So, thank you once again, vecine.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 29 2013, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Quantum @ Mar 28 2013, 12:07 PM) *
I absolutely love it!

It's new to my fingers but it sounds great and I believe it's a very useful skill to develope.
So, thank you once again, vecine.

Alright neighbor, have a go at this one then!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/jazz_funk_licks/

Tell me if it feels too difficult - the idea here is to get you out of the comfort zone biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Quantum
Mar 29 2013, 11:11 AM
Hehe, the truth is that that's what I want to play the most. I just don't know any theory about it
and don't know where to start from. I have a Jazz book and some DVDs but they explain
technical and more advanced material, but not the glue which would stick it all together in a nice good
composition.

This post has been edited by Quantum: Mar 29 2013, 11:12 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 30 2013, 02:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Quantum @ Mar 29 2013, 10:11 AM) *
Hehe, the truth is that that's what I want to play the most. I just don't know any theory about it
and don't know where to start from. I have a Jazz book and some DVDs but they explain
technical and more advanced material, but not the glue which would stick it all together in a nice good
composition.

Hey mate, I don't have too much experience in that myself, but i can talk to you about the whole feel of funky music, as that I know and have played smile.gif cumulated with Stephane's lessons, I think we can pull out a good job out of this - what do you say?

+Quote Post
Quantum
Mar 31 2013, 09:57 PM
Alright. I'm ready. I'll take that seriously and work on it.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 1 2013, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Alright! Let's a recording with this new lesson then wink.gif in the mean time, after you finish it, I will throw some more stuff at you and urge you to practice it against a special sort of backing track wink.gif

+Quote Post
Quantum
Apr 21 2013, 12:36 PM
Hey, Cos! : )

Here's a recording of the last homework:

Jazz Funk Licks

Greetings from Bulgaria!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 21 2013, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Howdy neighbor!

I have given the track a listen and here's what I suggest:

- the guitar seems a bit out of tune so, please check it before recording
- there are timing issues all along the track, so I'd say you should try the following drill

- reduce the tempo at about 75% of the original one
- record the take against a metronome click at that tempo, taking care of timing, accuracy of the notes and articulation

Can you please try this and post the take here?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Quantum
Aug 22 2013, 03:31 PM
Greetings, neighbour!

I finally made some time for practice. Here's a video of the last lesson:

Jazz Funk Licks

Dian

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 24 2013, 10:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Quantum @ Aug 22 2013, 02:31 PM) *
Greetings, neighbour!

I finally made some time for practice. Here's a video of the last lesson:

Jazz Funk Licks

Dian

Hey neighbor, long time no see! smile.gif It looks like you are getting closer! As with the thumb tapping - you need a more defined approach on the phrases, as at this point they sound correct but not that 'full' if you know what I mean smile.gif There are some notes that feel a bit choked sometimes - not bad, but you could try working on it some more, so that the interpretation can be top notch as well biggrin.gif Anyway, it's not an easy lesson, so take your time wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 10:22 PM