Solo Composition #3
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 9 2023, 10:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi everyone!

I just stopped by to present you my new guitar solo composition. smile.gif It's a bluesy ballad.
As most of you know, my purpose is to always push my playing and my composition skills at a high level. I constantly learn new things, I approach different styles, etc. Also, Darius is more demanding than ever, but I'm addicted to this. biggrin.gif

Less shredding today than I usually do, but my main idea was to show something else: more advanced articulation, dynamics, speed, more phrasing, etc. Anyway, the blues playing is a totally different school of playing: laziness bends, delayed notes, many rhythmical variations and fast notes that shine, especially because of the fact that they are not match in an exact time (of course, each note is very well calculated).

I know you guys have got used to seeing me playing on my Jackson. It's still my favorite guitar, but unfortunately, I have to admit that it has some limits. In this particular blues style, those limits would have been visible and also would not let me be able to translate the emotions in a good way.
Today I introduce you my second guitar. It's a premium guitar and I was very lucky because I can't afford such a guitar, but Darius helped me to have it at half of the price. smile.gif
It's not black, but sometimes we need to make compromises and the quality is much more important than color. The sustain, the feel, the quality especially visible by the equality of volume on the higher frets are amazing. I can just touch the notes very softly and it keeps singing and it reproduces 100% my emotional state. I know that this guitar will never let me fail to translate what I mean.

Hahaha...I didn't want to write so much but....I couldn't resist not sharing with you guys some thoughts. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 9 2023, 12:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Monica,

I just watched your take and it's AMAZING!!!

I'm blown away by your skills... really!!

If you put this into REC, you get 20 (not 10) from me laugh.gif

Congrets on this very high skilled peace you put together!!

I'm very proud of you, hahahaha

And your blue wink.gif colored Music man sounds awesome biggrin.gif

Enjoy your day!

Gert

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 9 2023, 12:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 9 2023, 11:17 AM) *
Hi Monica,

I just watched your take and it's AMAZING!!!

I'm blown away by your skills... really!!

If you put this into REC, you get 20 (not 10) from me laugh.gif

Congrets on this very high skilled peace you put together!!

I'm very proud of you, hahahaha

And your blue wink.gif colored Music man sounds awesome biggrin.gif

Enjoy your day!

Gert

Hi Gert!

Thanks very, veeery much for the appreciation, kind words and for the grade. I never thought that at some point I would receive 20. biggrin.gif

BTW I counted and guess what....I put 99 bends in this solo. The calluses of my fingers are so strong that if I hit a window with my fingers, I bet I could break it. laugh.gif

I'm glad you like how my Music Man sounds. Just one more month and you will can test it. wink.gif

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 10 2023, 11:17 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 9 2023, 01:54 PM) *
Hi Gert!

Thanks very, veeery much for the appreciation, kind words and for the grade. I never thought that at some point I would receive 20. biggrin.gif

BTW I counted and guess what....I put 99 bends in this solo. The calluses of my fingers are so strong that if I hit a window with my fingers, I bet I could break it. laugh.gif

I'm glad you like how my Music Man sounds. Just one more month and you will can test it. wink.gif

Have a great day!

You are now definitely a bend master! laugh.gif

And yes, I'm looking forward to play on your Jackson and on your Music man. The only thing I'm worried about is I might want to buy a Music man afterwards laugh.gif

And about the window... only try it in case of emergency please, hahahaha.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 10 2023, 12:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 10 2023, 10:17 AM) *
You are now definitely a bend master! laugh.gif

And yes, I'm looking forward to play on your Jackson and on your Music man. The only thing I'm worried about is I might want to buy a Music man afterwards laugh.gif

And about the window... only try it in case of emergency please, hahahaha.

Hahaha...now I'm worried too. laugh.gif Maybe I should hide my piano and Dan's drums and basses to assure myself that when you return home you will not buy an entire orchestra. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 10 2023, 03:31 PM
GMC:er
Great playing and great 'sound' Monica!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 10 2023, 04:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 10 2023, 02:31 PM) *
Great playing and great 'sound' Monica!

Thank you so much Ken. I'm very happy to hear that you like it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 14 2023, 06:59 AM
GMC Founder
blink.gif

This is amazing Monica. I have been listening to it for several days and it really works as a song - which you can't say about too many guitar tunes.

I can really tell how you have been focusing on improving your touch, dynamics and phrasing, it sounds stunning!

Also your tone cuts though like a knife without any harsh top end - this is some world class stuff!

That axe gives me Steve Morse vibes, are you a fan? (huge fan myself).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 14 2023, 10:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 14 2023, 05:59 AM) *
blink.gif

This is amazing Monica. I have been listening to it for several days and it really works as a song - which you can't say about too many guitar tunes.

I can really tell how you have been focusing on improving your touch, dynamics and phrasing, it sounds stunning!

Also your tone cuts though like a knife without any harsh top end - this is some world class stuff!

That axe gives me Steve Morse vibes, are you a fan? (huge fan myself).

Kris, thanks so much for your awesome words!!! I knew you would notice exactly on which details my main focus was. wink.gif I'm really happy you like it. wub.gif

I tried to make this sound like a song but I must say that it was very challenging to build the tension in a good way on a straight/repetitive backing track (no chorus, no bridge).
On the final part of the solo (between 3:19 - 3:24), Darius taught me to put an automation on the backing track (I went with the backing from -0.7 to - 3 db) to create the same effect as in real life where you can put the band to play lower in volume and let the guitar talk. smile.gif

About my tone, you know this is made very simple. I don't have "fancy" gear for it. All I use are 2 pedals (Plexitone and Taurus Zebu Delay/Reverb) and in DAW I add Kefir impulse loader and Impulse - Catharsis s-preshigh.

Yes, I like Steve Morse. He is awesome!!! smile.gif
When I decided to buy a new guitar, I didn't have in mind a particular brand. I searched with Darius for something that has: 22 frets, HSS, rosewood fretboard, hardtail bridge, sweeter neck pickup response, etc,...because I wanted my second guitar to have a totally different sound than my Jackson. After around 6 months of testing different models/brands of guitars (Darius tested and made videos for me and my ears chose the winner biggrin.gif), this Music Man melted my heart. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Sep 14 2023, 10:33 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 11 2023, 08:20 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 14 2023, 11:32 AM) *
Yes, I like Steve Morse. He is awesome!!! smile.gif
When I decided to buy a new guitar, I didn't have in mind a particular brand. I searched with Darius for something that has: 22 frets, HSS, rosewood fretboard, hardtail bridge, sweeter neck pickup response, etc,...because I wanted my second guitar to have a totally different sound than my Jackson. After around 6 months of testing different models/brands of guitars (Darius tested and made videos for me and my ears chose the winner biggrin.gif), this Music Man melted my heart. smile.gif

Very cool guitar shopping strategy. I think you have played the same guitar for decade(s)? Be sure to never sell it (I have done that mistake sad.gif )

I must admit I would love to have that exact guitar wub.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 14 2023, 11:32 AM) *
I tried to make this sound like a song but I must say that it was very challenging to build the tension in a good way on a straight/repetitive backing track (no chorus, no bridge).
On the final part of the solo (between 3:19 - 3:24), Darius taught me to put an automation on the backing track (I went with the backing from -0.7 to - 3 db) to create the same effect as in real life where you can put the band to play lower in volume and let the guitar talk. smile.gif

Yes, that's a very cool recording trick. For example if you do it on the drums (and you have a dynamic drum plugin with lots of different samples) it can sound totally realistic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 12 2023, 07:44 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 11 2023, 07:20 PM) *
Very cool guitar shopping strategy. I think you have played the same guitar for decade(s)? Be sure to never sell it (I have done that mistake sad.gif )

You are right, I played on my Jackson for 11 years. At least I'm sure I've reached its limits and it took me a lot of time to admit that I arrived at the point when my guitar limits my skills. I did not believe Darius, I needed almost two years to convince myself. laugh.gif

Kris, be sure that I would never sell it. smile.gif Actually, I have a rule....I don't sell instruments because I'm very attached to them and it would be like selling a piece of myself. I really like to explore and reach the maximum potential of each instrument I own. So, Jackson will stay with me forever and I still play on it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 11 2023, 07:20 PM) *
I must admit I would love to have that exact guitar wub.gif

This Music Man is worth every penny. It responds amazingly and I'm sure you would love to play on it. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:26 PM