Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls, Guitar Cover
Victor Simion
Jan 1 2024, 03:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Let me know what you think of my new cover.
I know it's an easy song, but I am working on my rhythm skills as I didn't work so much as I did with my lead.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 1 2024, 04:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Victor!

It's always recommended to work on improving both lead and rhythm skills.
Also, the fact that you chose for this type of workout an easy song (some songs sounds easier than they are but in reality they require a very tight playing wink.gif ) was a very good decision.

Overall, you made a nice cover and I enjoyed it. smile.gif As advice, be careful of timing and don't rush (mostly in the part 0:59 - 1:15).

I wish you to have a great 2024!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jan 1 2024, 04:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you for your kind words!

Yes rushing in general is my main issue, when playing lead or rhythm.

Here is an older video of me playing:

Here is the full thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry791766

But this new video(For whom the bell tools) is better recorded, as now I am working in with 2 recorded guitars both panned left and right.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jan 1 2024, 04:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 1 2024, 05:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jan 1 2024, 03:40 PM) *
Thank you for your kind words!

Yes rushing in general is my main issue, when playing lead or rhythm.

Here is an older video of me playing:

Here is the full thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry791766

But this new video(For whom the bell tools) is better recorded, as now I am working in with 2 recorded guitars both panned left and right.

It's obvious that through the years you have made huge improvements regarding the timing issues. This is awesome!!! smile.gif

The best way to improve your timing is to practice with the metronome or backing track as slow as possible. This will give you a lot of space between notes and will help you to follow the beats in a correct way.

Also, another training that you can do is:
- every time you listen to a song, use your hands to beat the rhythm. Start this exercise using quarter notes and then try doing it using note subdivisions. For this particular practice, I recommend you to use different styles of music.

About double tracking. That's an excellent step. Besides the fact that give an overall much power in sound, it's also a perfect tool to verify the precision of your rhythm playing. Any tiny mistakes will be much more visible when we have the guitar tracks panned left and right. It's a great practice. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:03 AM