> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Mtp December Thread - Bondy
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2009, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Bondy CV:

Hey Gabe I have posted a few videos to show you where I'm at skill wise. A main theme running through my videos, i have been told is Timing problems which I really need to sort out I would also like to improve Alternate picking/Sweep picking + I would like to gain a little speed as thats when my timing seems to go of when I try to do some fast runs.

Fav music style Rock/Hard Rock

Fav Bands guitarist

Van Halen
Jimi Hendrix
Yngwie Malmsteen
Def Leppard
Motley Crue

Basicly anything from the 80s lol

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 2 2009, 06:10 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 2 2009, 06:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Ahh sorry gabe just posted a new thread before I sore this here's the link

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=32320

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2009, 06:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 2 2009, 02:02 PM) *
Ahh sorry gabe just posted a new thread before I sore this here's the link

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=32320

Fixed! No problem Bondy! I'll start working on your first assignment today. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 2 2009, 06:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 2 2009, 07:11 PM) *
Fixed! No problem Bondy! I'll start working on your first assignment today. wink.gif

Awesome thanks Gabe smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 2 2009, 08:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Forgot to put this on my CV but Legato is another think I would like to improve.smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2009, 12:46 AM
Instructor
Ok Bondy, This is your first assignment! I've been analyzing your CV and videos and I think tat we have many things to work. The most important aspect is the timing problem. So we will have to pay attention in every exercise. We will on exercises based on your favorite music and players to cover rhythm guitar, alternate picking, sweep picking. We will always have in mind these tree objectives:
* Increase your speed
* Improve your rhythmical abilities
* Incorporate your favorite guitar player ideas, licks and scales used.

This first week we will work on alternate picking technique on one string over A minor scale. We will use a repetitive pattern very used by neoclassical players like Yngwie Malmsteen and Vinnie Moore. This is the played on string 1, then on the string 2 and finally on the string 3. Please add the remaining strings if you feel comfortable with these ones.
Tempo required: the faster than you can (without losing precision)

Attached File  Assignment_1.gp5 ( 5.35K ) Number of downloads: 114

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 5 2009, 03:17 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 3 2009, 03:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabe I will start this tonight when I get back from work whats the deadline to post a progress video.

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2009, 03:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 3 2009, 11:12 AM) *
Thanks Gabe I will start this tonight when I get back from work whats the deadline to post a progress video.

The deadline for this assignment is the next Tuesday. However you can post previous/progress versions of this whenever you want.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 8 2009, 11:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gabe here's my progress on the first assignment, I'm really not happy with this at all I did get it up to 80bpm but kept making mistakes so i dropped it to 65bpm and still made mistakes while recording; I have found it extremely frustrating. I think its just down to practice as I have been ill over the weekend so have my wife and kids so its been hard to practice I will keep this one going and post more takes as it gets better. I'm looking forward to the next lesson.

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Dec 8 2009, 02:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi bondy

Am i even allowed to post on "your" board? i hope so..

I thought it was a good take.. There are still a few notes that is "out" (or not at the same volume as the rest), but this is just more practice (or brain muscles really).. In the coming weeks I would suggest you use this lesson as warm-up before the lesson of the week. It doesn't have to be the complete lesson, but if you have the time you should..

Doing this and you will be mastering it before you know it, and come to think of it, I might do that as well, because it's an excellent exercise. biggrin.gif

Good job.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2009, 06:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 8 2009, 07:12 AM) *
Hey Gabe here's my progress on the first assignment, I'm really not happy with this at all I did get it up to 80bpm but kept making mistakes so i dropped it to 65bpm and still made mistakes while recording; I have found it extremely frustrating. I think its just down to practice as I have been ill over the weekend so have my wife and kids so its been hard to practice I will keep this one going and post more takes as it gets better. I'm looking forward to the next lesson.

Well done Bondy! You don't have to get frustrated with this. I'm sure that if you continue practicing this exercise and the following for many weeks, your playing with improve drastically.
This is not an exercise to be played only for 1 week. You have to continue playing it. Maybe you feel that it's a bit boring but you have to fin the way to practice this type of alternate picking exercises 1 hour per day. Maybe you can play them over songs, over backing tracks or over a drum loop.
In this take I note that you are not still comfortable. In some moments I note that your pick and your left hands start to loss synchronization. Maybe you could decrees the tempo 2 or 3 bpm.
I also note that your should play the notes strongly with your pick. This will give you clarity when you reach faster tempos. I also note that you hands get tired before finishing the exercise. This is solved training your hands and muscles with more practice.

From now I want you to concentrate in those three things and forget about increasing your speed until you feel that those things are fixed.

How did you feel the practice of this lesson? Funny? boring? exhausting??

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 8 2009, 08:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the tips Gabe I will work on it some more and drop the tempo , I like the lesson I was just getting frustrated with myself because I thought I was not getting anywhere.smile.gif I'm looking forward to the next lesson an i will put this exercise in my routine.smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2009, 06:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 8 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Thanks for the tips Gabe I will work on it some more and drop the tempo , I like the lesson I was just getting frustrated with myself because I thought I was not getting anywhere. smile.gif I'm looking forward to the next lesson an i will put this exercise in my routine. smile.gif

Great Bondy! I'll post your 2nd assignment today. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2009, 07:45 PM
Instructor
Ok Bondy. This is your second assignment. In this one we will work on legato. I have two different exercises for you to work on this technique. The first one is on the GP and is a simple exercise that I borrowed from Ritchie Kotzen. This exercise is a killer exercise to work your left hand. It is also a very good exercise to add your diary routine's warm up.

Attached File  MTP_December___Bondy.gp5 ( 1.84K ) Number of downloads: 112

the second part of this assignment is this great lesson that I found in our archive that is a more advanced variation of the previous exercise.

LEGATO LESSON

You can post a version with backing or only with a metronome. The tempo required is the aster than you can (You don't have to play it as fast as the lesson if you can't). I want you to concentrated on making every note ring at the same volume.

Ok! That's all for this week!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 10 2009, 10:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool Gabe I have not seen that lesson before I will get right on this. smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2009, 02:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 10 2009, 06:33 PM) *
Cool Gabe I have not seen that lesson before I will get right on this. smile.gif

Perfect Bondy!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 15 2009, 10:41 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi gabe I need to ask a favour had a awful weekend, first a sickness bug has worked its way though my family which i have then caught, and knocked me of my feet for two days, then to top it all of i had to reinstall vista because my computer went haywire so basically i have lost all my files GP5 all my photoshop stuff sad.gif so i need to reinstall every thing its gonna take a few days to get sorted as i gonna have to buy some new software etc. so can i please have an extension on this weeks lessons till next Tuesday please. sorry sad.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2009, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 15 2009, 06:41 AM) *
Hi gabe I need to ask a favour had a awful weekend, first a sickness bug has worked its way though my family which i have then caught, and knocked me of my feet for two days, then to top it all of i had to reinstall vista because my computer went haywire so basically i have lost all my files GP5 all my photoshop stuff sad.gif so i need to reinstall every thing its gonna take a few days to get sorted as i gonna have to buy some new software etc. so can i please have an extension on this weeks lessons till next Tuesday please. sorry sad.gif

Hello Bondy, that sounds really bad! sad.gif Ok, let's extend the deadline. Thanks for notifying!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 21 2009, 11:03 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey gabe thanks for the extension here's my progress for the week, I'm really enjoying these two lessons and i think i will nail them at full speed with time I have incorporated them into my practice. So far I have only learned half of the Legato lesson but will learn the rest next week. smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2009, 09:57 PM
Instructor
Hi bondy! I'm glad that you are enjoying this lessons! smile.gif You are developing your legato technique very well. The notes sound very clean and with the same intensity. The only thing I think that you have to fix is to mute with your right hand the strings that you are not playing.
So great job my friend and keep on working!
I'll be back with the new assignment! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:56 PM