Holding A Pick
PKJperson
Jul 20 2007, 01:44 PM
GMC:er
Hey, I know there are probably a lot of stuff on holding a pick but I didn't see any that answered my question.

I noticed that most of the instructors that I see, and guitar players in general, have their middle, ring, and little finger of their picking hand extended when they are playing. When I play it feels most comfortable to have my extra fingers tucked, kind of like making a fist. I was just wondering if extending my fingers is something I should convert to. I guess it would make it easier if I needed to use my remaining fingers on my picking hand for plucking the strings, idk blink.gif . I would like to hear what everyone thinks. smile.gif

I also wanted to know if, while strumming, you should hold your hand stationary and just strum by rotating you wrist or if you should use some of your arm. Thanks for your input! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:11 AM