Underrated Rock Album
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 24 2018, 04:48 PM
Instructor
Hi friends!

I think that this is one of the most underrated great albums that I know. I wonder if you've ever heard this interesting album that Paul Gilbert recorded some years ago with Freddie Nelson.

It reminds me to bands like The Darkness, as well as Queen and obviously Paul Gilbert's music.

The guitar job is top level, and vocals work is amazing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 24 2018, 08:35 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 25 2018, 11:30 AM
GMC:er
What a nice find! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Very solid songs. Nicely written.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2018, 02:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 25 2018, 07:30 AM) *
What a nice find! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Very solid songs. Nicely written.

Enjoy!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 26 2018, 08:59 AM
Learning Roadie
I really like this album, I'm not keen on Paul's vocals and all instrumental albums can make me lose interest so this has always been a favourite PG album of mine

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2018, 01:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 26 2018, 04:59 AM) *
I really like this album, I'm not keen on Paul's vocals and all instrumental albums can make me lose interest so this has always been a favourite PG album of mine

Yeah, this is like a PG solo albu with great vocals.

On a side note I think that his vocals on this album is better compared to previous ones:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2018, 01:10 AM
GMC:er
Amazing vocal production, great guitar playing, name talent on the record, and I'd never heard of it before this posting. That makes me feel sad indeed. I"m a huge Paul Gilbert fan and I don't know how I could have missed it. I don't know why more people are not talking about it on facebook and sharing it on youtube. Never saw these youtube posts before today and I see a LOT of posts. Some music just goes in to the machine and never comes back out, despite the fact that it's great music. That too is truly saddening. That you have to dig with a shovel to find really listenable stuff. So much of the stuff that is posted to youtube that is shared on the front page and sorta stuffed down our throats is sorta awful IMHO. I"ve noticed youtube leaning more towards "here watch this" as an approach to their interface.

Great share and killer job by the folks that made this. It should have gotten way more attention IMHO, I hope it still does as I plan to share it smile.gif
Thanks Gabe!!Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 24 2018, 11:48 AM) *
Hi friends!

I think that this is one of the most underrated great albums that I know. I wonder if you've ever heard this interesting album that Paul Gilbert recorded some years ago with Freddie Nelson.

It reminds me to bands like The Darkness, as well as Queen and obviously Paul Gilbert's music.

The guitar job is top level, and vocals work is amazing.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2018, 01:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 27 2018, 09:10 PM) *
Amazing vocal production, great guitar playing, name talent on the record, and I'd never heard of it before this posting. That makes me feel sad indeed. I"m a huge Paul Gilbert fan and I don't know how I could have missed it. I don't know why more people are not talking about it on facebook and sharing it on youtube. Never saw these youtube posts before today and I see a LOT of posts. Some music just goes in to the machine and never comes back out, despite the fact that it's great music. That too is truly saddening. That you have to dig with a shovel to find really listenable stuff. So much of the stuff that is posted to youtube that is shared on the front page and sorta stuffed down our throats is sorta awful IMHO. I"ve noticed youtube leaning more towards "here watch this" as an approach to their interface.

Great share and killer job by the folks that made this. It should have gotten way more attention IMHO, I hope it still does as I plan to share it smile.gif
Thanks Gabe!!Todd

Luckily I've found this album as soon as it was released. I was very into Paul during those days (and never get out of him) so I've received the news of a new album. I've checked it and I was amazed. I've always wondered why they didn't record more music toghether and why the album didn't become more popular...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:27 AM