18 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Get A Personal Gmc Learning Plan, This will speed up progress and give you structure
liveOASISforever
Feb 16 2014, 09:28 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 16 2014, 07:02 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif no worries, what sort of programs are you using? Let me know if I can help in any way smile.gif

I was using my iPhone to record the video. Reaper as my DAW. Then taking the two files into adobe premier which I downloaded yesterday as I did not like Imovie on my iMac. I read on the internet to clap then match wavelengths up on the files. I will give it ago again today. I am sure I will be able to get it sorted. This is all new to me so hopefully with recording a few lessons it will all become a lot easier. smile.gif

Cheers Sean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2014, 03:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 16 2014, 08:28 AM) *
I was using my iPhone to record the video. Reaper as my DAW. Then taking the two files into adobe premier which I downloaded yesterday as I did not like Imovie on my iMac. I read on the internet to clap then match wavelengths up on the files. I will give it ago again today. I am sure I will be able to get it sorted. This is all new to me so hopefully with recording a few lessons it will all become a lot easier. smile.gif

Cheers Sean

Ah mate, I know what you mean smile.gif Well, try it and let me know how it goes. I usually, used the hi-hats in the beginning of the lesson - they get caught on camera and I can match them in the video editing program with the ones in the actual audio track that I get after rendering the final version in the audio editing software. It's tedious work, but as you said, with practice, ease will come as well smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 16 2014, 09:47 PM
Hi Cosmin

I was still having trouble with syncing video with audio. I will keep trying and hopefully get it sorted out this week.

Here is another take of picking hand basics at 90BPM. I know it still has its flaws. I am still finding it hard to completely relax when recording.

https://soundcloud.com/sean-agnew-1990

The beginner rock rhythm lesson still needs some work.Timing is what is holding me up on this one. I have slowed it down and practiced it with a metronome but for me this a lot longer than most other people.

My playing in general is very sloppy.This probably because my lazy approach to learning guitar and not working hard to resolve issues I noticed over time.I am now really committed to work hard and become better at guitar. The picking hand basics was actually a really great lesson for you to give me.It made me realise how even a basic lesson for timing and I still played parts out of time. The metronome is now going to used more than ever.I will overcome my timing problems that have held me back on guitar and unmotivated me in the past.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 17 2014, 07:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 16 2014, 08:47 PM) *
Hi Cosmin

I was still having trouble with syncing video with audio. I will keep trying and hopefully get it sorted out this week.

Here is another take of picking hand basics at 90BPM. I know it still has its flaws. I am still finding it hard to completely relax when recording.

https://soundcloud.com/sean-agnew-1990

The beginner rock rhythm lesson still needs some work.Timing is what is holding me up on this one. I have slowed it down and practiced it with a metronome but for me this a lot longer than most other people.

My playing in general is very sloppy.This probably because my lazy approach to learning guitar and not working hard to resolve issues I noticed over time.I am now really committed to work hard and become better at guitar. The picking hand basics was actually a really great lesson for you to give me.It made me realise how even a basic lesson for timing and I still played parts out of time. The metronome is now going to used more than ever.I will overcome my timing problems that have held me back on guitar and unmotivated me in the past.

Hey mate smile.gif Leaving problems unsolved is like, sweeping the dust under the rug and somehow wishing it will magically disappear biggrin.gif

It's a very good thing that you started tackling these problems slowly and I think you are doing a good job so far - please focus on the last part of the recording where you play 8th notes combined with 16th notes - in the end of the 16th note sequence, you usually miss a note.

Keep rocking!

+Quote Post
Shortman
Feb 17 2014, 09:29 PM
Hi there Cosmin, I have been browsing this forum/ website for a couple of months now (awesome if I may say!) and this is my first post here. I normally lurk forums but I have been guided here by the almighty guitar gods!

Sending you a private message mate.

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 17 2014, 10:33 PM
Hi Cosmin

No more sweeping the dust under the rug from now on laugh.gif

I am going to focus about 30-45 minutes each day on the metronome. What would you say would be the best way to spend this time

Practice eighths, triplets and sixteenth notes patterns over scales shapes to also learn new scales
Keep the notes simple and just focus on the timing and the metronome
taking parts from lessons and also practice them
Or even anything I play with the guitar have the metronome on

What are you're suggestions

Cheers Sean

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2014, 09:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Shortman @ Feb 17 2014, 08:29 PM) *
Hi there Cosmin, I have been browsing this forum/ website for a couple of months now (awesome if I may say!) and this is my first post here. I normally lurk forums but I have been guided here by the almighty guitar gods!

Sending you a private message mate.

Well hello mate! I received it and I am on it wink.gif Thank you for choosing me!

Hello Sean smile.gif

I think that this is a very good approach. I will try to suggest lessons which are as simple as possible from this perspective - beginner lessons, as I think they should be a good basis for working your way up the ladder. First things first, please finish the lessons which you are working on and focus on working them out with the metronome. Understand what you have to play and become conscious of when and where you are playing each note and break, in the song smile.gif In time you will develop an internal clock which can be tweaked to serve you in ANY given situation.

Please let me know how it goes!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 18 2014, 05:47 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 18 2014, 08:17 AM) *
Well hello mate! I received it and I am on it wink.gif Thank you for choosing me!

Hello Sean smile.gif

I think that this is a very good approach. I will try to suggest lessons which are as simple as possible from this perspective - beginner lessons, as I think they should be a good basis for working your way up the ladder. First things first, please finish the lessons which you are working on and focus on working them out with the metronome. Understand what you have to play and become conscious of when and where you are playing each note and break, in the song smile.gif In time you will develop an internal clock which can be tweaked to serve you in ANY given situation.

Please let me know how it goes!

Cosmin

I am still working on both lessons Cosmin. I am hoping I can have to video recordings of both lessons for you soon smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2014, 07:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 18 2014, 04:47 PM) *
I am still working on both lessons Cosmin. I am hoping I can have to video recordings of both lessons for you soon smile.gif

Alright man smile.gif Just let me know if the rhythm one is giving you any trouble, because somehow I have a slight feeling it kind of is smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 20 2014, 08:18 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 19 2014, 06:56 AM) *
Alright man smile.gif Just let me know if the rhythm one is giving you any trouble, because somehow I have a slight feeling it kind of is smile.gif

Yeah again the timing is giving me the only problem. I am breaking the parts down and playing them with the metronome. I feel as if I understand what to do and can play the parts over a metronome. When I come to play it with the backing track I get lost and don't really know where I am.

I have listened to the backing track over an over to listen to everything thats happening within it to make it easier for me but I am still finding it difficult

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 10:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 20 2014, 07:18 AM) *
Yeah again the timing is giving me the only problem. I am breaking the parts down and playing them with the metronome. I feel as if I understand what to do and can play the parts over a metronome. When I come to play it with the backing track I get lost and don't really know where I am.

I have listened to the backing track over an over to listen to everything thats happening within it to make it easier for me but I am still finding it difficult

That's most probably happening because you haven't yet memorized the forms wink.gif Try the following approach - hum the guitar line over the original recording to get a good grasp on it and make sure that you memorized it and then hum each section over the metronome and then over the backing track. Your voice can help out a big lot! It's clear that you have it in you if you can hum it smile.gif Deal? Let me know how it goes mate!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 20 2014, 05:51 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 20 2014, 09:57 AM) *
That's most probably happening because you haven't yet memorized the forms wink.gif Try the following approach - hum the guitar line over the original recording to get a good grasp on it and make sure that you memorized it and then hum each section over the metronome and then over the backing track. Your voice can help out a big lot! It's clear that you have it in you if you can hum it smile.gif Deal? Let me know how it goes mate!

Very good idea Cosmin. I will give it ago and let you know my progress.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 09:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 20 2014, 04:51 PM) *
Very good idea Cosmin. I will give it ago and let you know my progress.

Please keep me posted, mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 22 2014, 10:16 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 20 2014, 08:33 PM) *
Please keep me posted, mate smile.gif

Hi Cosmin

Some good news for you. I tried to hum over the backing track and I have to admit it has helped.I shut my eyes when doing this and was much more focused and relaxed.

I think my problem is I over think everything.So when I go to record , is my tone ok, is my hand positioning ok, is the video angle ok,is my guitar in tune, is my vibrato ok and so on. All these different things are going through my head that is just overloading my brain and not allowing it to function normally. I came to realise this when humming over the backing track with my eyes shut. No guitar , everything was made simple and nothing to worry about. It certainly allowed me to focus so much more. It by no means has cured my timing problems but has opened my eyes that I can play on time. I can feel it and I will play on time eventually laugh.gif

Some more good news. I think I have solved the syncing audio with video. I will upload some videos over the weekend for you. I have also being working on GMC united collab that I would like to share my ideas with you to get you're advise smile.gif

Zen guitar has being mentioned in the forums a few times.So I decided to buy it and give it a read. I found something that i can relate to. It says in the book "To be obsessed with the destination is to remove the focus from where you are.The only way to progress in Zen Guitar is to put everything into this step, right now" As soon as I read this I stopped and thought about my guitar practice and my approach to guitar and how I need to change it. To stop thinking what I want to be able to play and what I want to be able to do on guitar and just to focus on what I am doing and these things will come in time

This post has been edited by liveOASISforever: Feb 22 2014, 10:19 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2014, 03:02 PM
Instructor
So many good news! smile.gif I am so glad you bought the book and I will be even happier if you take its knowledge and apply it!

Zen teaches you to live the moment and not let your mind alter the course of your harmonious existence and relationship with life - this book does nothing else but apply it in the realm of playing this instrument.

I am really looking forward to seeing the vids and the collab take and BY ALL means smile.gif Relate your learning experiences here, as everyone can benefit smile.gif Can you hum the entire take? Music and instrument practicing can be and usually is, a form of active meditation smile.gif

I am very much into this sort of stuff as you may see laugh.gif

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Feb 22 2014, 09:16 AM) *
Hi Cosmin

Some good news for you. I tried to hum over the backing track and I have to admit it has helped.I shut my eyes when doing this and was much more focused and relaxed.

I think my problem is I over think everything.So when I go to record , is my tone ok, is my hand positioning ok, is the video angle ok,is my guitar in tune, is my vibrato ok and so on. All these different things are going through my head that is just overloading my brain and not allowing it to function normally. I came to realise this when humming over the backing track with my eyes shut. No guitar , everything was made simple and nothing to worry about. It certainly allowed me to focus so much more. It by no means has cured my timing problems but has opened my eyes that I can play on time. I can feel it and I will play on time eventually laugh.gif

Some more good news. I think I have solved the syncing audio with video. I will upload some videos over the weekend for you. I have also being working on GMC united collab that I would like to share my ideas with you to get you're advise smile.gif

Zen guitar has being mentioned in the forums a few times.So I decided to buy it and give it a read. I found something that i can relate to. It says in the book "To be obsessed with the destination is to remove the focus from where you are.The only way to progress in Zen Guitar is to put everything into this step, right now" As soon as I read this I stopped and thought about my guitar practice and my approach to guitar and how I need to change it. To stop thinking what I want to be able to play and what I want to be able to do on guitar and just to focus on what I am doing and these things will come in time

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 23 2014, 10:23 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 22 2014, 02:02 PM) *
So many good news! smile.gif I am so glad you bought the book and I will be even happier if you take its knowledge and apply it!

Zen teaches you to live the moment and not let your mind alter the course of your harmonious existence and relationship with life - this book does nothing else but apply it in the realm of playing this instrument.

I am really looking forward to seeing the vids and the collab take and BY ALL means smile.gif Relate your learning experiences here, as everyone can benefit smile.gif Can you hum the entire take? Music and instrument practicing can be and usually is, a form of active meditation smile.gif

I am very much into this sort of stuff as you may see laugh.gif

Zen is a amazing book am about half way through. I will definitely be taking its knowledge and applying it.

I feel that I can hum the entire take. The improvement since last week on that lesson is massive. Its a good feeling to notice big improvements.That being said there is still work to be done on it that I am currently doing.

And finally a video recording at last smile.gif Can you tell me what you think of the quality of the video and if there is anything I should change. I know the light is a bit annoying on the video which I will sort out. The sixteenth notes also still look a bit messy.Not sure why I am doing that

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 04:33 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Glad to hear things are happening!

The video looks nice and that guitar even nicer biggrin.gif I salute you fellow PRS user!

Now, everything looks cool, aside those 16th notes smile.gif Somehow, I think you are a bit scared of the fact that you will not reach the next note in due time and shift the finger too early - try the humming method against the backing track and tap your foot against it as well - see on which foot you have to switch wink.gif Let me know if it works for ya! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 25 2014, 08:26 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 23 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Hey mate smile.gif Glad to hear things are happening!

The video looks nice and that guitar even nicer biggrin.gif I salute you fellow PRS user!

Now, everything looks cool, aside those 16th notes smile.gif Somehow, I think you are a bit scared of the fact that you will not reach the next note in due time and shift the finger too early - try the humming method against the backing track and tap your foot against it as well - see on which foot you have to switch wink.gif Let me know if it works for ya! biggrin.gif

Thanks Cosmin smile.gif

Yeah I know I am missing the last 16th note I can feel it. You could be right with the being scared of missing the next note.
It feels natural to play when I am not recording it but as soon as I hit record thats when I feel I mess it up.Also when I hum and tap the foot everything seems to fit into its place.

Here is my rough take for the collab. I feel really nervous about doing this as I have never done it before and but the only way to get better is share it no matter how bad it is and get everyones advice.The last A note doesn't sound good listening to it back but I am not sure how to end.
https://soundcloud.com/sean-agnew-1990/collar-rough-take-1

beginner rock rhythm lesson I am hoping to have a video recording for you this weekend. I feel my timing on it has improved so much but when I play it I feel rigid. I really need to loosen my hands up to make it look more natural

This post has been edited by liveOASISforever: Feb 25 2014, 08:29 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2014, 12:03 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

The ideas are very nice and melodic, but you should focus on the timing - for instance, after sec 0:20 you are playing triplets and always landing on beat one with each phrase, which is ok, but the notes in between are not equal - please focus on solving the timing/note length issues and it's pretty good to go in, in my opinion! smile.gif Listen and compare the note lengths with the ones in Ben's lesson - what subdivisions do you recognize there, that are also appearing in your take?

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 27 2014, 08:20 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 26 2014, 11:03 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif

The ideas are very nice and melodic, but you should focus on the timing - for instance, after sec 0:20 you are playing triplets and always landing on beat one with each phrase, which is ok, but the notes in between are not equal - please focus on solving the timing/note length issues and it's pretty good to go in, in my opinion! smile.gif Listen and compare the note lengths with the ones in Ben's lesson - what subdivisions do you recognize there, that are also appearing in your take?

Hi Cosmin

Hopefully I will sort the triplet problem out tonight. I will send you over another recording to see what you thinkI am hoping to have everything finalised for the colllab tonight. Should of had it in earlier but kept changing what I had.I am actually really excited to see the finished collab. I have watched lots of other collabs and always thought I would love to take part. Now I am smile.gif
I feel my confidence is growing slowly but I am on the right track.

Possible stupid question laugh.gif What exactly is subdivisions. Is that whats happening in between the beats

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:21 AM