8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Beat's Bootcamp, Earn or Burn!!!!
Todd Simpson
Dec 16 2021, 07:43 AM
GMC:er
Well fought Soldier!!! This is a "SHRED LICK". It's built for speed. If you want to build up serious speed, this lick and licks like it are a great way to go. it's designed to shred. It's a direct rip off from Paul Gilbert and as such, is an ideal speed lick!!!!

You are doing it just right!! The best part is that you are NOT letting the two strings bleed together. Your keeping the mute high and tight as it should be! To wit....

Congratulations Soldier!!! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!!
Sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Dec 15 2021, 01:59 PM) *
Lesson 42

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jan 2 2022, 09:00 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My Lesson 43

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 3 2022, 11:44 AM
Top notch work here Soldier!! I love this hand drill. it really works the pinky and forces the hand to use the pinky and ringer finger together which can be tough at first but not for you!!! You krushed it! Your technique is on point and your playing this quite well. It's the same speed I play it at when Im warming up. It's not a shred lick per say more of a endurance drill. Your great form is helping you play this over and over without burning out your arm! You rawk!!

Congrats Soldier you just...

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jan 2 2022, 04:00 AM) *
My Lesson 43

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 16 2022, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jan 16 2022, 08:57 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My Lesson 44

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2022, 03:58 PM
this is very impressive Soldier! I was waiting to see if you are going to put up another drill as you mentioned it in your post but i think this stands alone quite well and you've clearly put in time on it. If you want to add another part that's great but I think you can badge up from this one.

Sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jan 16 2022, 03:57 AM) *
My Lesson 44

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jan 18 2022, 04:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Todd

My number 2 from this...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 19 2022, 07:48 AM
TOP NOTCH WORK SOLDIER!! These two are very different which makes playing them back to back very tricky indeed. You don't miss a beat! You launch right in to the second bit and keep it smooth the whole time. I appreciate your SPEED RUN on the pass at the end. It's pushing the boundary and not quite as clean as the first but that's just fine. it's good to see you pushing it as that is where progress happens. in that spot where our fingers are beyond the limits. Your playing this under control at very briskly. Keep it up!!

Congratulations Soldier! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jan 18 2022, 11:50 AM) *
Hi Todd

My number 2 from this...

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jan 22 2022, 04:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Lesson 45 with my new selfmade guitar...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 23 2022, 10:20 AM
Your guitar builds are really amazing! That new one looks and sound killer! Are you going to start a guitar boutique shop and make custom instruments for folks? or are these more just for you? Either way WELL DONE. That new blue one killer to be sure. Is it the first one with a top like that? The others look great but more raw and textured on the top. I like both!

On to your Mission. You KRUSHED it. Your pinky is moving very well and that's the point of this. It's all about putting the finger fury to good use. This is also one of my fave solo licks! It works quite well in any solo where a blues scale would work. Even though some of the notes will be out of key, when played fast, it ends up working well.

Your technique continues to evolve Soldier!! Congrats, you just...

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jan 22 2022, 11:36 AM) *
Lesson 45 with my new selfmade guitar...

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jan 30 2022, 09:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
When I play with the metronome, I can no longer hear the 1st beat from a certain speed...
The fingers can be faster, but the head can't... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2022, 11:16 PM
This is truly impressive Soldier!! I think you have really made a huge gain here. Not only are you able to play this with precision and aggression, you can play it over and over. It's a LOT of work and youve had reached the point where your hands can play in a relaxed fashion and still rip it up so that your don't burn out your hand. This is one of the key things in shredding. Being able to play complicated things without tensing up and without burning out the hand.

Your fast take is equally impressive. You are shredding in a big way. This is perhaps the fastest I've seen you play and you maintain your precision. the next step in pushing the speed on this lick is the "strike once hammer many" approach. There comes a point when your left hand can out strip the picking hand. At that point, choosing which notes to pick is crucial. You don't actually have to pick them all as long as the mute is strong it will sound like picked note even if it's a pull off. Just something to start experimenting with. I picked it up from Paul Gilbert who i thought picked everything.

As for this one, it's sorted!!

Congrats Soldier! You just..

LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jan 30 2022, 04:54 AM) *
When I play with the metronome, I can no longer hear the 1st beat from a certain speed...
The fingers can be faster, but the head can't... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Feb 3 2022, 06:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My Lesson 47

I've never tried playing the fretboard without a thumb before... Funny...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2022, 05:43 AM
Impressive work Soldier!! Thumbless technique is a tricky one to be sure but it's a great way to reset finger pressure. It teaches the fingers not to use the thumb as a fulcrum but instead just as a guide. Try it on just about everything even if just once. It

You did very good work on this one. I can see the time you put in! Your fingers are showing the work!!

Congratulations Soldier you just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Feb 3 2022, 01:21 PM) *
My Lesson 47

I've never tried playing the fretboard without a thumb before... Funny...

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Feb 20 2022, 03:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Todd

After my Ostinato Etude, this lesson is almost child's play...
But I will continue to work on this etude... There must be a minimum of an 8!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2022, 06:51 AM
Top Notch Work Soldier!!! Your PINKY POWER is on full display and your STRETCH is working great!!! All of your work in and out of bootcamp is coming together and you RIPPED right through this one!!!! You are about to crossover the
MISSION 50 BARRIER. You will get a new Rank Up Badge and the missions will get a bit trickier. The good news is you are more than ready!!!

I tried using OBS for the Video Debrief for the first time in this debrief instead of putting it together in premiere. Working it out as I go along. Still a few things to sort out.

On to the debrief!!

Impressive Pinky Power and Stretch and your synch/timing is spot on !!! You krushed it and ..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Feb 20 2022, 10:25 AM) *
Hello Todd

After my Ostinato Etude, this lesson is almost child's play...
But I will continue to work on this etude... There must be a minimum of an 8!

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Mar 7 2022, 06:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Todd

It's not my favorite exercise...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 8 2022, 01:43 AM
Well fought Soldier!! This requires solid tapping and solid pull off skills and you got both! To wit!

Congratulations Soldier! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Mar 7 2022, 01:41 PM) *
Hello Todd

It's not my favorite exercise...

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Mar 15 2022, 06:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Phuuuu.... Not without this lesson either!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 16 2022, 05:04 AM
Soldier you showed grit and determination on this Mission!!! I went back and played it myself and realized something. I remember this session now and I originally played this with an overhand mute when I created it. I think I changed it to a bridge mute as some folks had trouble with the overhand mute. However, using only a bridge mute, it's nearly impossible to stop the guitar resonating and since it's thumbless, the fret hand can't relly help deaden string noise as it might otherwise do. So i've changed the Mission notes back to overhand mute. I think anyone who makes it to Mission 50 can handle an overhand mute. I'm sure you can. let me know!!!!

[/quote]

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Mar 16 2022, 05:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here the new version...
But it's still a fight!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:55 PM