2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Snow
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2011, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Dec 2 2011, 04:31 PM) *
One of the main reasons I moved from Massachusetts, in the North Eastern United States, to North Carolina in the South, is because I got sick of the snow. I used to hate waking up in the morning and not being able to determine which mound of snow my car was buried underneath. Not only that, the city I lived in had a parking ban in the winter, so people could only park their cars on one side of the narrow roads. This led to many fights because people would claim a parking spot that they spent 30 minutes shoveling all the snow away from. They did this by placing a chair in the spot they claim. Its not very effective but people still do it anyways. They have been doing it for as long as I can remember.

Here is a poster and a little paragraph commemorating this New England tradition

Chairs of Worcester

Wow, I can totally understand the frustration with the parking space / shovelling thing. Never p*ss off a person holding a shovel ! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Dec 2 2011, 06:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 2 2011, 11:45 AM) *
Wow, I can totally understand the frustration with the parking space / shovelling thing. Never p*ss off a person holding a shovel ! biggrin.gif

Thats why you bring a weighted sidewalk ice scraper to a shovel fight wink.gif Some of them weigh about 30 lbs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 2 2011, 06:50 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow! wub.gif I love to to get lots of snow in the winter, its so much less dreary when there is a fresh white blanket covering the ground. This Nov has been great here this year, Like winters were when I first moved up here to Alaska in the 80's. Its the harsh sub zero dry winters I can do without. This Nov I believe ranked as the snowiest Nov on record ever and the coldest on record as well, We have recieved about 2 1/2 feet of snow this month but lately the weather pattern has changed a little bit and we are getting moisture from the south pacific, we call it a pineapple express,Valdez on the south central coast can get many feet of snow from these weather patterns which is why Valdez is world reknown for back country skiing and snowboarding. It can bring tons of snow but also warm moist air so sometimes it rains too, right now we are getting some drizzle outside, I hope it doesnt warm up too much and kill the nice hefty blanket of snow that we have now, also I plow snow in the winter and this year has been great so far for buisiness, pennies from heaven! smile.gif On the down side of getting early and lots of snow , the lake I live on hassnt made good enough ice for me to put in my ice road. Ice 5 we call it tongue.gif , I just checked the ice thickness the other day and there is only about a foot of ice, half of which is not good clear ice which is the strongest but rather soft ice made from the snowpack on top of it, there was barely any ice on the lake when we first started getting snow this month and the snow has insulated the ice from getting thick very fast even tho we have had a good week and a half of sub zero temps.

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 2 2011, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
The weather here now is like this

It snows a little and it stays for a few days.

Then it starts to rain and the snow is gone.

On the night the water freezes and left is ice.

Today on the school i work at the whole schoolyard was cover with ice good enough to play ice hockey on and then in the morning a thin layer of snow cover the ice. I can say that i slipped more then once

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Dec 2 2011, 08:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
If I don't have to ride my bike(no not motor!) on ice and snow, then it's ok with snow.
It normally snows some here in Denmark, normally December - Febuary, but if it goes from November - April it's too much.
We get some days, where we can go ice-skating, and I remember how the seawater once totally froze once 25 years ago.
It always snowed more, when I was a kid, or maybe I was just smaller and the amount of snow relatively large!

This summer it just rained, rained and rained, I really think this summer sucked, and I didn't even travel anywhere.

Take a look at my photos from a festival in Denmark 2007:

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Dec 2 2011, 08:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:09 PM