15 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
I Love Gmc!, Hey.. whats all the comotion here???
Juan M. Valero
Mar 20 2008, 10:28 AM
Instructor
It's really a mistery for me sad.gif
why leaving the best site ??? I don't know unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
Mar 20 2008, 10:45 AM
GMC:er
Mmm.. i would like to say something, but please take it like an advice ok? wink.gif

I joined here exactly 1 years ago (today!), when were just kris videos, or maybe some from pavel. In the beginning there were no too much lessons, but they were very useful and clear.

Why? I remember how i came here the firs time. Browsing a website and found a kris videos that was something like "turututuruturututu want to learn how to tapping? I'll show you!" and when I saw that on the site there was other cool lesson like this I joined immediatly. The point is that I think in the time the community grow up, and the lesson too, but the standard quality of the lessons has diminished a bit, obliviousy talking about vids quality and 101 lessons, not instructor, that are all very very pro laugh.gif Maybe a way to go is to set a standard rule for video recording res, shots angle and increase 101 lessons that are in my opinion the best lessons, especially if they explain how to do some technics or similar (I can remember now for example very clears lessons from pavel on how to sweep, or from kris on how to use metronome, etc)

Maybe people that will go to this other site, are attracted by the high res videos, and the more " "professional" " style that the webpage has, but I think at last that is eyewash and we can get better and shred the competitors! wink.gif Well, I'm just an user so i hope that you will get it has a little feedback and some advice, just it laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Melodic Axeman: Mar 20 2008, 10:46 AM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 20 2008, 10:58 AM
I think maybe Kris should put together some small survey with several questions on different aspects of GMC and give it to all members and they can maybe give tips like this on how to improve and keep above the competition. Competition is good as it will improve the site more and more.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 20 2008, 12:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 20 2008, 10:58 AM) *
I think maybe Kris should put together some small survey with several questions on different aspects of GMC and give it to all members and they can maybe give tips like this on how to improve and keep above the competition. Competition is good as it will improve the site more and more.

Well, I shouldn't really talk much on the subject because it is no of my business what Pavel does, and Kris certainly knows what he is doing (just look at this whole community!), but it is in my interest to help everybody here to learn as much as possible, help them with advices whenever I can, and give some advices to make the site better.

Now regarding the survey, I think big surveying is happening on GMC all the time, in the past 5 months as I've been here the site really got some great features and it will grow even further. Just look how Kris started and you can really see how much effort it took to make this community as it is, and it will grow even further. Also I think non individual can stand even close to "beat" the strong core of employees and members that make up this great community. Also and I must note that "beating" and "revenge" are very imature words for our kinda work, in some respect an insult so it is best for me to stay away from these sorts of discussion.

ROCK ON GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 20 2008, 12:23 PM
Learning Roadie
I love you guys laugh.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 20 2008, 12:30 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 20 2008, 11:19 AM) *
Well, I shouldn't really talk much on the subject because it is no of my business what Pavel does, and Kris certainly knows what he is doing (just look at this whole community!), but it is in my interest to help everybody here to learn as much as possible, help them with advices whenever I can, and give some advices to make the site better.

Now regarding the survey, I think big surveying is happening on GMC all the time, in the past 5 months as I've been here the site really got some great features and it will grow even further. Just look how Kris started and you can really see how much effort it took to make this community as it is, and it will grow even further. Also I think non individual can stand even close to "beat" the strong core of employees and members that make up this great community. Also and I must note that "beating" and "revenge" are very imature words for our kinda work, in some respect an insult so it is best for me to stay away from these sorts of discussion.

ROCK ON GMC! smile.gif

It's not about beating the competition it's about bettering yourselves to stay ahead. The resources here are awesome and I hope more things will be included in the future to improve this even further. I'm gonna stay here and that's for sure. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 20 2008, 01:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 20 2008, 12:30 PM) *
It's not about beating the competition it's about bettering yourselves to stay ahead. The resources here are awesome and I hope more things will be included in the future to improve this even further. I'm gonna stay here and that's for sure. smile.gif

I know, the beating is such an imature word, so let's get back to learning, developing and having fun. That is what is all about! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 20 2008, 01:05 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 20 2008, 12:01 PM) *
I know, the beating is such an imature word, so let's get back to learning, developing and having fun. That is what is all about! smile.gif

I can't wait for the future of GMC as it's getting better everyday. What I reckon would be cool is if we had an online metronome at GMC that could be set up to do weird timings also.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 20 2008, 01:11 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Long life to GMC smile.gif

I don't see why people joining other sites have to talk bad about the other places they belong... it feels weird!, it would be like breaking your other guitars when getting a new one, or stabbing an old friend in the back just because you met someone new... I mean it makes no sense...

Oh well, I gave up tryin to understand human behaviour a long time ago tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 20 2008, 01:14 PM
lol. Psychology is a horrid topic area biggrin.gif But an important one. I never say anything bad about here or anywhere else for that matter. Apart from Preston, UK tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 20 2008, 01:17 PM
Instructor
hey preston is not far from wigan! ph34r.gif watch it! biggrin.gif - although I have to agree - Preston is a little depressing!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 20 2008, 01:18 PM
QUOTE (Nick Kellie @ Mar 20 2008, 12:17 PM) *
hey preston is not far from wigan! ph34r.gif watch it! biggrin.gif - although I have to agree - Preston is a little depressing!

I'm from Blackpool. You'll know now why I said that biggrin.gif I was of course joking smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 20 2008, 01:28 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Nick Kellie @ Mar 20 2008, 01:17 PM) *

A little depressing Nick? My sister lives just outside Preston and consequently I've spent many a (un)happy ( rolleyes.gif ) hour in the gigantic bus station there. Biggest one in Europe I think tongue.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Nobody
Mar 20 2008, 01:29 PM
I don't get it! What's with all the "Increase the video quality", "Instructors bla bla bla"!

HEY!

Don't be such winers! Maybe you have forgotten the time with the crappy audio casette players with tapes with re-re-re-recordings and the only way to learn something was to play it by ear from one of them! Now you get perfect videos, you have guitar pro files, you have explanations like for an idiot and there are still some that are complaining! I don't get it!

Hristian

P.S. Sorry for being quite offensive but hey, you are getting so f***ing much for your funny 48 dollars and some are still complaining.. It just pisses me off..

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 20 2008, 01:52 PM
Instructor
No need for taking it personally man, we're all here to make things even better! Ideas are always welcome! smile.gif

PS I remember the tapes and text tabs... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 20 2008, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Ahhh I remember tapes too,"good" old times. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 20 2008, 02:16 PM
I've got the music of the Jungle Book and Lion King on tape biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Mar 20 2008, 02:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
$48 for all of this is idd very cheap. But if you live in Europe its only like €39. biggrin.gif
Even cheaper tongue.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
Mar 20 2008, 02:25 PM
QUOTE (Nobody @ Mar 20 2008, 01:29 PM) *
I don't get it! What's with all the "Increase the video quality", "Instructors bla bla bla"!

HEY!

Don't be such winers! Maybe you have forgotten the time with the crappy audio casette players with tapes with re-re-re-recordings and the only way to learn something was to play it by ear from one of them! Now you get perfect videos, you have guitar pro files, you have explanations like for an idiot and there are still some that are complaining! I don't get it!

Hristian

P.S. Sorry for being quite offensive but hey, you are getting so f***ing much for your funny 48 dollars and some are still complaining.. It just pisses me off..

If it's directed to me, I've said only about 40 times that was just advices to get it better, I'm not wining about anything
Relax wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 20 2008, 02:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nobody @ Mar 20 2008, 01:29 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Thank you for this post!!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:42 AM