Usb/firewire Audio Recording Interfaces, A look at various Audio Interfaces to get music in to your computer.
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2010, 03:22 PM
GMC:er
I've owned a few different audio interfaces and thought I'd share my experience and invite others to do the same. I just added a Tascam M-164UF to my home studio and I love it so far. It's a and 16 channel mixer/recording interface and connects via usb 2.0. There is no perceptible lag or delay when recording which is great. This device can be had for about $300 US and is an amazing value. So far It's the best interface I"ve ever had. It's PC and Mac comptitble, works with any DAW and the Mic preamps sound great especially for the price. It's not a Pro level unit Ala ProTools HD, but the gap betwen prosumer and pro continues to narrow. Here are a couple of pix.

It will let you record 16 tracks (6 with their own mic pre-amp) at once in to whatever software you are using. So if you want to record a drum kit, or just put several mics on your guitar rig, it's no problem. My previous units had one or two XLR inputs and recorded one or two channels at a time, this one has 6 xlr inputs and does 16 tracks at once. More review to follow as I continue to record with it.

Here is a link to a Thread on Home Recording Tips and Tricks in my Instructor Forum
HOME RECORDING FOR GUITAR PLAYERS
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 15 2010, 03:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:49 PM