How Much Of A Pain Is Ilok?
PosterBoy
Mar 2 2021, 11:00 AM
Learning Roadie
I've always avoided ilok plugins as I've seen a lot of people bitch about problems with them, either corrupt usb ilok keys or licences not being recognised etc

Is it that troublesome?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2021, 04:06 PM
Instructor
I use Cubase with dongle usb licenser and the only cons that I find is when I want to use it in my laptop out from home, since I have to remember to take it and avoid losing it.

One the other hand, I've been using Ilok for one year with Neural Dsp plug ins and the cool thing is that you don't need the usb, you can just activate your computer using an online ilok account and that's all. Plug ins usually gives you 2 or 3 activations so you can activate your desktop and you laptop and forget about the ILOK.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 2 2021, 04:36 PM
GMC:er
I have the same experience as Gab.
No real issues.
Some software companies now allow you to access your ilok acct. in the cloud. Basically it is authorizing your computer. I would advise also getting the physical ilok 'key' (not a standard usb stick). You can keep one license in the cloud and one on the stick.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 08:26 PM