2 Pages V  < 1 2  
GMC now moved to the US, Server switch completed
Why
Jan 19 2007, 04:47 PM
GMC:er
Hey Kris! Could you please fix the problem on the Uploads page? You can't upload music.

Also, Could you check out my thread on Steinberger guitars in the Gear section laugh.gif ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 19 2007, 04:52 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Why @ Jan 19 2007, 04:47 PM) *
Hey Kris! Could you please fix the problem on the Uploads page? You can't upload music.

Also, Could you check out my thread on Steinberger guitars in the Gear section laugh.gif ?

The uploads should work for smaller files up to 4 mb... Hopefully we will get it to work with larger too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 19 2007, 04:54 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 19 2007, 04:52 PM) *
The uploads should work for smaller files up to 4 mb... Hopefully we will get it to work with larger too.

Hmm, I tried yesterday and the day before with files of about 1MB size, They didn't work. It's not only me either, Fretdancer uploaded something today and he wasn't able to upload..

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 19 2007, 05:07 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Why @ Jan 19 2007, 04:54 PM) *
Hmm, I tried yesterday and the day before with files of about 1MB size, They didn't work. It's not only me either, Fretdancer uploaded something today and he wasn't able to upload..

Yesterday yes. I tried it today (after our tech guy had checked it out) with a 3 mb file and it worked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 19 2007, 05:14 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 19 2007, 04:07 PM) *
Yesterday yes. I tried it today (after our tech guy had checked it out) with a 3 mb file and it worked.

I can confirm that the upload section is working now - I have just tried it and uploaded my file.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 19 2007, 05:26 PM
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Jan 19 2007, 05:14 PM) *
I can confirm that the upload section is working now - I have just tried it and uploaded my file.

Oh Good.

You can listen to my files now, which you refused to hear because of Rapidshare tongue.gif

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 19 2007, 05:48 PM
I still think the server clock is set wrong though??? its 7 hours fast.

is anyone else wrong - or is it right for you?...

--------------------
its not easy

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 19 2007, 05:59 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Jan 19 2007, 05:48 PM) *
I still think the server clock is set wrong though??? its 7 hours fast.

is anyone else wrong - or is it right for you?...

Hmm this is all messy in my head. If you set the clock right in your profile I guess it's the server time that's wrong...

--------------------

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 19 2007, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 19 2007, 04:59 PM) *
Hmm this is all messy in my head. If you set the clock right in your profile I guess it's the server time that's wrong...
My guess, is that the server is still on Swedish time, but being in the USA - needs re-setting - to US time, then everyones personal settings i.e GMT + or - however many hours will show the correct time in relation to US time whereas previously its showed (and still does) in relation to Swedish time which is +7
(dependent on which US time zone it is, Eastern, Central or Pacific !!!!)
Find out the LOCAL time where the server is and set the board master settings to that.
*** this is just a guess though ***
I take no responsibility for America's alarm clocks not working this morning...lol

--------------------
its not easy

+Quote Post
dendavid
Jan 20 2007, 10:45 PM
yeah thanks kris,it's working now cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ikaros
Jan 20 2007, 10:54 PM
Congratulations Kris, welcome to the USA!

--------------------
Webpage:
- http://www.myspace.com/yngwie100
Equipment:
- Fender Standard Stratocaster
- Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks
- Roland Cube-20X modeling amp
- Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch
- DOD YJM308 Overdrive (optional)
- Boss DS-1 Distortion (optional)
- Marshall MG15CD amp (spare)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 20 2007, 10:58 PM
GMC Founder
smile.gif Hehe thank you!

Has US residents noticed any different in speed? Not guitar speed, all though that's interesting too - the server switch should have given you a bit faster response time (noticable when clicking around the site).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ikaros
Jan 20 2007, 11:35 PM
Site speed is fine (I'm on cable) but the board clock is 7 hours ahead? My profile board setting is on the correct GMT time zone for EST US & Canada. My actual time of posting was 10:35am but the board timestamped this post at 5:35pm.

This post has been edited by Ikaros: Jan 20 2007, 11:36 PM

--------------------
Webpage:
- http://www.myspace.com/yngwie100
Equipment:
- Fender Standard Stratocaster
- Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks
- Roland Cube-20X modeling amp
- Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch
- DOD YJM308 Overdrive (optional)
- Boss DS-1 Distortion (optional)
- Marshall MG15CD amp (spare)

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 21 2007, 12:50 AM
I am so glad someone else has replied to this - I thought I must be going mad !! thats what I say - its 7 hours fast !!!

--------------------
its not easy

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 21 2007, 05:29 AM
GMC Founder
Is it better now? I changed the clock six hours but I have no idea if I did it in the right direction. biggrin.gif blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 21 2007, 06:02 AM
Still showing exactly the same Kris
cant see any change this end.

--------------------
its not easy

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 21 2007, 06:28 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Jan 21 2007, 06:02 AM) *
Still showing exactly the same Kris
cant see any change this end.

Hm I changed the board clock from gmt -6 (central time) to gmt 0. This is beyon me - I will have to ask our technician (Thursday).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jan 21 2007, 08:56 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 21 2007, 06:28 PM) *
Hm I changed the board clock from gmt -6 (central time) to gmt 0. This is beyon me - I will have to ask our technician (Thursday).

This is great for me. Now I have 7 more hours to practice! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 21 2007, 10:35 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jeff @ Jan 21 2007, 08:56 PM) *
This is great for me. Now I have 7 more hours to practice! laugh.gif

Glad I could help! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 22 2007, 03:41 AM
Nothing has changed on the clock front Kris, its still set wrong :-(

I have got round it by making my time 7 hours behind GMT - I am now on mountain time/Canada.
Its a lot colder over here but now posts show timed correctly and the ski-ings great, I have set my Variax to emulate a snowmobile and its way fast at going up hills :-)

--------------------
its not easy

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:33 PM