Problem With Ibanez String Height, possibly bridge related (?)
b101
May 30 2008, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, had my Ibanez S470 for about 2 years now, and annoyingly when it came one of the nuts you need to remove to replace the strings with was broken, so took it into a guitar shop to get it fixed. Helpfully, they left the guitar without any strings on for over 2 weeks and so of course the floating bridge had snapped right back into the body. Now I've tried everything to try and get it returned to the proper position, but this is the best I can do, and it's really rather annoying as the strings are so much higher above the fretboard than any other guitar I've ever played (a slight positive is that my left hand fingers are now quite strong wink.gif )

All the same, I'd kinda like to have the guitar back to normal, but I don't really know what to do. I was wondering if it was due to string tension - but I know nothing about guitar maintenance and so don't really want to mess about with it in case it gets even worse. So anyway, here are some pictures, and any help is so greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Cheers for any help guys, Ben

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Feel free to check out my Guitar Pro efforts:

Fin - Symphonic Metal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:03 AM