Axe Fx Rig Or "hi Fi" :)
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2014, 06:02 AM
GMC:er
Hmmm.. What's your call?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mith
Oct 3 2014, 06:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Its what you call a FRFR (Full Range Full Responce) Rig. The basic idea is to have these moddlers dialed in best for direct use you need a rig that is basiclly a smaller version of what the direct lines are plugging into.

I have a simlar rig thats a POD HD Pro into a matrix GT800FX and that goes into x2 EV116 Speaker cabs (I think thats the model anyway)

Anyone that wants to run direct to FOH then I totally recomend this path. Does take a bit of getting use too.

PS I don't normally have my laptop hooked to it unless recording out of my little studio just so I can make more detalled adjustments. But almost looks like he runs backing tracks in it as well

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2014, 06:18 AM
GMC:er
Yup wink.gif Thats what it is alright. I'm personally a fan of such rigs. Essentially using really nice P.A. speakers instead of guitar cabs. Some companies even make P.A speakers shaped like guitar cabs for guys that still want them to look like guitar cabs smile.gif

BTW is your pod pro the RACK or the BEAN?

I've been using an 15 inch peavy pa speaker with a horn in it for full range stuff and it sounds great with my modelling processors. I'm going to hook it up stereo and see how it works through the pa speaker set as well.

QUOTE (Mith @ Oct 3 2014, 01:50 AM) *
Its what you call a FRFR (Full Range Full Responce) Rig. The basic idea is to have these moddlers dialed in best for direct use you need a rig that is basiclly a smaller version of what the direct lines are plugging into.

I have a simlar rig thats a POD HD Pro into a matrix GT800FX and that goes into x2 EV116 Speaker cabs (I think thats the model anyway)

Anyone that wants to run direct to FOH then I totally recomend this path. Does take a bit of getting use too.

PS I don't normally have my laptop hooked to it unless recording out of my little studio just so I can make more detalled adjustments. But almost looks like he runs backing tracks in it as well

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:02 AM